Chronicles of the Chosen IV

Underestimation is the Enemy

Claus walks, he thinks of his long dead ancestors. About how once the chosen ruled the lands. About how the man he was named after was apparently the personification of power and destruction, and that after his son was born, this power killed his wife and queen. She too, was a personification of death. She was from the easterly lands; she met the original Claus while he was on his initial travels with his brother Zackeriah. She was charged with killing Beth, the lady of life, but this was to be found out a long time after her death. After looking at what she had done, she apologised to Claus and Zackeriah; and swore allegiance to them. She even killed her possessed brother in their defence. With such strong warriors in his blood he was sure he’d be able to protect this world when it was his turn.

His father, Melekai, was also a powerful warrior, he was there to prepare for war with whatever declared war on this planet. The lady of life’s reincarnation travelled for a long time with him. Apparently the lady of life was Claus’ mother. To him this made no sense, for the lady of life was similar to the elves, from this description he would have assumed that she would have the trademark ears, which he surely must have inherited.

He heads towards a nearby tavern while a Halfling leaves it in haste. They bump into each other.

“Watch where you’re going asshole!” was the Halflings response. He apparently had a problem with people taller than him. He must have had a lot of enemies.

“Be careful of what you say little one.” Was Claus’s retort to this Halflings lack of manners.

Within two seconds this apparently harmless creature had struck several blows to Claus’s lower body. This knocked him quite literally off his feet. Before the dark knight could gather himself and rise to his feet the Halfling was already walking merrily down the road.
Claus’s thoughts were of revenge on this small person. This Halfling had thought him to be a mere travelling warrior; he hadn’t paid enough attention to notice the amulet hanging around his neck. Hence the dark warrior prepared himself.

“DYNAM PAL!”

Where once stood the dark knight now there was a dark grey blur. This blur raced across the dirt road, and the Halfling walked into the flat of a broadsword.

Before the Halfling could react, he was knocked out.

It was then that Claus noticed, he was glowing, you couldn’t tell because of how the dominant colour of the region seemed to be brown, which was what he was glowing.
A strange hue; Claus thought to himself ‘little piece of shit.’ He rarely had a sense of humour.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess we all know where this is going.