Status: Activee

Passenger Seat

Listen To Your Heart

My mind was racing. It was going 2 in the morning and sleep was on the bottom of the to do list.

I was in my room, with my desk light giving me the only light source. I went to my closet and packed a small bag full of clothes and small necessities.

I’m glad my room was on the first floor, so I could easily climb out of my window without being heard. I started to walk towards his house. The walk was calming. It was a tad cold but it felt refreshing. I debated on putting on my iPod but the quietness felt nice. After tonight all I wanted was comfort and quietness.

The walk took about 20 minutes. I stood across the street and I looked up into his window. He lights were off which probably meant he was asleep. I still pulled out my phone and called him.

As I waited for him to pick up, I saw his bedroom light turn on and he pick up. “Black? It’s like 2 in the morning. Why are you calling?” his voice was raspy and I felt bad for calling him. I sniffled into the phone. “I-I I’m sorry. I just” I started to cry again “I needed someone.”

I heard john sit up and I heard the worry in his voice “Blake what’s wrong. Why are you crying?” I saw his shadow walk past his window. “Me and Kennedy. W-we got into a fight and John I just didn’t know what else to do. I’m sorry.” I could hear him putting some clothes on and picking up his keys. “Where are you? I’m coming for you now. Just stay put.”

“I’m actually outside your house, across the street.” I heard him stop doing what he was doing. He went to his window and pulled back the curtain and look out. He looked over at me and gave a small wave. “Go to the back and ill meet you there.” I gave a small ‘okay’ and we hung up.

The wet grass tickled my ankles and my exposed feet. The sky was brightly lit with stars. The crickets were chirping but everything else was very quiet.

What I got to the back yard and John was already there waiting for me on the top step of the stairs.

I went up the stairs and stopped on the second to last step and wrapped my arms around Johns wait. He pulled me closer if that was possible and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and put his hand on my head and started to stroke my hair. I let everything out, soaking his shirt with tears and no doubt snot.

“Hey it’s ok” he cooed into my ear. “What ever happened will be ok. I promise.” I nodded my head but still didn’t let go.

I started to get goose bumps from the coolness of the night. “Come on lets go inside.” We let go but he grabbed a hold of my hand.

We went up to his room quietly, trying not to wake up anyone up.

His room was always clean. There might have been an occasional piece of clothing on the floor but John liked being clean and organized.

I sat down on his messed up bed and crossed my legs Indian style and looked down at my lap at my nails. I started to feel stupid that I came here. John and I have never been that close, he must have been shocked that I was calling asking for his reassurance.

“Do you need anything?” John asked with worried eyes. “You look cold, do you want a sweatshirt or something?” I nodded my head and he walked over to his closet and got a black zip up hood. John was pretty thin so I didn’t drown in the sweater but it was still long on me.

“I’m sorry” john looked up at me and he eyes just looked sad even though he didn’t do anything. “For what? Waking me up at 2 in the morning? Big whoop, I was just going to bed so you didn’t really wake me.” We both gave each other a small smile.

“But why did you come here? You and Kennedy always get into fights. “I’m not sure why I came here. I was closer to Garrett and Pat and of course I was close with Kennedy but John was older and I always felt safe when I was with him. I guess I looked up to him like an older brother.

“Were close.” I said not really believing myself either. He just looked at me like I was crazy.

“To be honest I’m not sure why I came here. I look up to you John, I admire you and I wish we were closer.” He walked to the bed and sat down facing me.

“I wish we were closer to. We should start hanging out more.” I smiled and nodded my head. “That’d be nice.”

“So why are you here?”

I looked down at a thread that was coming off of John’s sweater. “Do you ever feel like nothing ever goes well for you?” I looked up at him “probably not because your John O’Callaghan. You have a perfect life.” He scoffed and had a half smile. “See you don’t even know, my life may seem amazing but I can promise you it’s not.”

“Well you make it like you have a perfect life.”
He grabbed my hand and looked into my green eyes. “You need to learn that you can’t take everything so seriously. Anything that goes wrong you can’t make it a big thing. “

“You make it sound so easy.” I fell back and laid on his bed and I covered my eyes with my hands. “My life just hates me” he chuckled “you need to get away” I lifted up quickly and looked at him. “Would you go with me?”

“What?”

“You and I. get away and just drive.”

“Um I ugh I don’t know. I mean sure but I’d have to make time.” I got on my knees and got closer to him.

John I mean now, let’s go now.”
I saw that he wanted to I just needed to pursue him which might be hard.

“John look, don’t you always say listen to your hearts?” he nodded his head slowly up and down “my heard is saying to get away and I know yours is saying the same. I looked at him with pleading eyes. He brought his hand to his head and ran his fingers through his hair and left his hand on the back of his neck.

“Blake I’m not sure. We have a gig in 2 weeks and I can’t miss band practice.”

“John you’re the lead singer I think it’ll be fine if you miss it and we’ll be back before so you can work after we get back. Come on john.”

He looked at me strangely; I couldn’t read what he was thinking. He shook his head slowly, but he started to smile. “You just have to tell me one thing.” He said is seriously and I started to get worried. “Okay, what?” what if I answered wrong and I’d changed his mind.

“where do you want to go?” I just smiled and attacked him with a hug. I fell on top of him and our faces were only a few centimeters away . “oh I’m sorry” I got up and off of him. “ but thank you your amazing!”

He got up and walked to his closet and pulled out a back pack. “Do you need to go home to pack?” he looked back at me. I just smiled and looked over at my bag that I brought. “Oh so
you already had this plan? You knew I’d say yes to you?” he said

“Well no, I just came prepared. Just in case…?” I moved it sound more like a question than a statement.

He smiled and shook his head and went back to his closet.

I got pretty excited. Getting away and just being free was all I wanted and needed. I didn’t want to tell anyone where we were going because they would just yell at us and tell us to come back but I knew that when we go home we’d also get in trouble for sneaking off. Either way there would be some kind of yelling and some kind of hurt.

we left about a half and hour later. we got onto the highway and drove. i didn't know where he was going but i didn't want to know, it didn't matter where we went to as long as it wasn't Arizona.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blake
what do you guys think so far? what are your predictions.
Comment and Subscribe
<3