Status: Activee

Passenger Seat

Feels So Natural

“You ready to head out?” John asked me. We stayed on the ground for a little bit after, I stopped crying and started to laugh at John, who was telling me funny stories to cheer me up. At this moment it felt like me and John have been best friends for a while now.

“Um yeah hold on, I just.” I started to trail off and stopped talking,i couldn't find my other shoe. I was throwing my clothes every where and I just couldn't find it.

“Are you looking for this?” I was on my hands and knee, I whipped my head back to look at John holding my other shoe. As let out a frustrated sigh he started to laugh.

“Did you have it this whole time I was looking for it?”

“I just saw it but I wanted to see how long it would take you, and I just gave up.” He handed me my shoe and I slipped it on. I jumped up and was ready to go.

“I hate you.” I said with a slap to his arm.

*

We walked down the road and got more in town where there were a lot of people walking around also, and they were all going the same direction so we decided to see what was going on. As we got closer to there were more and more people, there were tents and tables, people looking genuinely happy.

There was a huge banner that went from one side of the street to the other and it read ”Bunkerville Annual Chili Festival.”

We kept walking around, enjoying this huge gathering of this town. The crowd was getting bigger and it was harder to walk in, I felt John grab a hold of my hand. He didn't look down he just kept on walking, it was as if it was no big deal that we were holding hands, I mean I didn't mind that we were but I didn't think he would feel comfortable doing that. Holding his hand felt so natural. He lead me out of the huge crowd, into the street that had been blocked of from cars. He stopped and turned to me.

“So what do you want to do? Are you hungry?” John asked.

I looked around at all the people and the booths and the environment, I looked back up at john with a huge smile.

“Um I don't know there's so much going on.” I said as I looked around, watching everyone.

“Okay well lets just keep walking around and if you get hungry just yell me.” I kept on walking the same direction, his hand was still a hold of mine. We got back on the green and looked at all the booths that were set up, some of them were artist trying to sell their masterpieces, some were food booths who had some taste testers and we couldn't turn them down. Just walking around with a new friend, at this small festival was all I wanted. All I wanted to so have a smile on my face and try new things.

“I don't think you've stopped smiling this whole time.” John said as we sat on the curb of the road eating some hamburgers and fries.

“I love this stuff, I think its so cute. I wish Arizona was this cool.”
“Hey, Arizona has some pretty cool stuff there.”

“Like what?”

“Well you can find.” he said slowly, trying to think of something. “Oh you can find one of the greatest bands out there; The Maine. That's pretty cool.” He was such a loser.

“The Maines not that cool.” that was a total lie. I saw his face drop and he got angry.

“Hey! I see you jumping and singing when we play a concert. I know you think were the shit, you can't hid it.” I gave him a smile he knew me oh to well.

“Fine I love The Maine, I'm like your number one fan.”

“I see what you did here.” I just looked at him with a confused expression. “Your obsessed with The Maine, so you figured you could kidnap the coolest member of the band, me,” he pointed to him self and had this cocky smile on, “Your going to rape me, so you can have my children and I bet your tumbling about this whole experience also so all the fan girls can read about it.”

“Oh man you totally... got that wrong, Jared is the coolest. It wouldn't be The Maine without Jared’s sick guitar skills.” He at first got upset that I thought Jared was the coolest but then he changed his mind and agreed with me.

“Yeah its kind of true.” We just laughed and finished out dinners. We stayed on the curb for a little bit after, watching people walk past us, we made comments to each other about the people. It was getting late now and people were leaving the area, but there were still a few people who were watching a small country band play. We got up from where we were and walked over to watch them play. They started to play a slower song, and the gentlemen asked the ladies they were with to dance with them.

John looked down at me and saw the smile on my lips as I watched the couples dance to a cheesy love song.

“Do you want to dance?” he asked. I looked up at him and nodded my head eagerly. He put out his hand for me to take which I did, he led me to the crowd of people that were dancing. He put his other hand on the lower of my back, and I put my other hand on his shoulder. We just went in a small circle leaning from side to side. This was another perfect moment, I wanted to always remember.

“Thank you for everything in all seriousness.” I said as I leaned back a little to look in his eyes. He have a smile.

“Thank you for picking me and begging me to come out here.”

“I'm glad I did too.” I leaned my head on his chest and he pulled me in closer to him. The song ended and we broke apart, we both realized how close we were and I started to feel guilty. We weren't doing anything wrong, we were purely friends, but it still didn't feel right.

“I think when we get back to the motel I'm going to call Kennedy, just so he knows where I am.” I said and John nodded his head.

“Yeah I bet their all looking for us.” When we left we didn't tell anyone, no notes, no phone calls or text messages. It was like we just disappeared out of no where.

“Tell me a secret that not a lot of people know?” I asked as we started to head back to the motel.

He looked down at me and then back up thinking of a secret.

“I'm scare I'm never going to have a future.” he said with a serious face, looking straight forward not looking at me.

“What do you mean, you're in a great band you already have a future.” I said.

He looked to the side of him and then back at me. “I guess, I mean I don't think in 10 or 20 years The Maine will be where we are now, right now we have amazing fans and supporters but after time their going to grow up and move on. We'll be a washed up band playing for no one. I dropped out of college for this band, and in 10 years I'll have nothing. And that scares me.”

I was astound by what he just said. I don't think people really think of that, looking at the future like that and knowing there wont be anything. He was in ways right.

“You never know, maybe you'll have that one song that will get you guys to the top and then in 10 years you'll be 10x bigger than you are now.” I said with hope.

“I suppose your right. But it's still scary.” I nodded my head in agreement. “Whats your secret?”

“I'm going to NYU in a few weeks.” It seemed like everything I told him he instantly was in shock.

“Wait, what? I thought you were going to ASU.” he said

“I was but I was talking to my aunt who lives in New York, and shes knows people at NYU and she got me a space, it would be silly if I didn't take this, this is huge John.”

“When did you decide to go? When were you going to tell everyone?”

“I found out a few weeks ago, and I've wanted to tell everyone but its hard, because I want to get out of Arizona, I want a fresh start, and that's kind of hard to tell your loved ones that you want to get away from them.”

“Yeah I guess I know what you mean, just to start all over and become someone knew. I wish I could do that. You should defiantly take this opportunity. When are you going to tell Kennedy?”

I let out a sign, “I have no clue. But I guess soon.” I said as I looked down at me feet while we were still walking. We were getting closer to the motel, but we were passing an ice cream shop and it looked really good.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shop. He stared at me with a cute smile, I felt his stare and looked up at him “What? I really want ice cream. I'll pay this time.” he agreed and we picked out our flavors and sat on a bench outside the shop. We made light conversation and ate our ice cream, and sometimes John sneakily would take a spoonful of mine and I would just glare at him for a few seconds but then let out a laugh.

Being with John felt so comfortable, there never any uncomfortable silence, there were any times that I regretted anything. I mean we were getting close and I felt bad that I was lying to Kennedy but I wasn't doing anything wrong.

We got back to our motel and walked up the stairs to our room, I quickly put on some pj shorts and a tank top and went outside to call Kennedy.

I sat outside, on the steps of the stairs, the wind started to blow, and but it felt good. I looked up and you could see the stars shining brightly up in the sky.

“Black? Where have you been?” Kennedy instantly said through the phone.

“Hey Kennedy, I'm doing okay thanks for asking how are you?” I said, I was already aggravated with him and we just started talking. I already started to regret calling him.

“I'm sorry, I'm just worried. Where have you been?” he said in a more calm voice.

“I-I um me and John kinda left town for a few.” I was nervous at how he'd react.

“What? Why? Since when are you and John friends?”

“We've always been friends, and I don't know we felt like going on a trip.”

he paused for a few but I could hear his breathing, “why didn't you ask me to go?” he said quietly.

“I wanted to go with him to be honest, I needed sometime away from us.”

“From us? So you picked John to replace me for a little while? I can't believe this Blake.” his voice was filled with anger.

“No not like that Kennedy and you know it.” I spat out at him.

“Do I know it? I thought we were fine, but I guess not because you want to be with John.”

I was just shaking my head even though he couldn't see me. “I don't want to be with him”

“Then why else did you go with him and not Garrett or Pat who are your friends?”

“Kennedy you are taking this way to far. I'm hanging up.”

“Yeah I bet Johns waiting for you, probably waiting I bed.” Once he finished with that sentence I hung up the phone. I just froze, I couldn't believe he took it that far. I didn't go to John so I could get with him, I went to him because I wanted a fresh start, and I wanted a new friend.

I stayed out on the steps for a while after that just watched the sky and stars. I watched as cars passed by and people walking by. All I could hear in my mind was Kennedy's voice. I tired to think about something else but it was no use, he made me feel so guilty for not even doing thing.
“Blake?” John called out in the distance.

“Over here.” I said as I gave him a wave and he started to walk over.

“Hey there you are. You were gone for a while so I just wanted to make sure no one stole you, Kennedy would kill me if you went missing.” he said trying to make a joke but I didn't laugh. He noticed that I wasn't in a good mood, he sat down next to me and just looked up at the sky. He just sat there not asking questions and just waited til I was ready to talk.

I started to get goosebumps from the wind, so I started to rub my arms.

“Lets go inside if your cold.” I looked at him and nodded my head. We both stood up and I was walking in front of him and I suddenly felt exposed in what I was wearing, I felt like my shorts were to short and my tank top was to fitted. Once I got in the room I put on a sweater and curled up in bed. As I layed in bed I watched as John put his cot together and made a small bed together. He was shirtless and had a pair of basketball shorts on. I looked over his body and I had to say he was very attractive and his body was a huge turn on. His tattoo across his chest and arms. I couldn't keep my eyes off him, I couldn't help but to had a small smile on. I turned over on my side so I couldn't see him, I couldn't be thinking about him like that, that wasn't fair. But I still fell asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Thoughts?

I'm not posting this one as much because i want to focus on my other story right now, so go read my other story while you're waiting for this story. But i will update every once in a while.