Hear Me Now

Daylight

"This way girls." An older woman with dark brown hair, Professor McGonagal, ushers us into a room down a poorly light corridor. Since we are transfers Jamie and I are being sorted before joining everyone in the great hall.

Jamie and I step into the dark room McGonagal following us and snapping her fingers filling the room with light. Nothing but a stool in the center of the room and a cabinet to the left against the wall.

"You first, come on now." She gestures towards Jamie to sit and hurries to the cabinet fetching an old tattered looking hat. I've read about this, its a sorting hat that determines what school house we'll be put it. I also know my life will be much harder if I'm not put in Slytherin.

Jamie sits on the edge of the stood and glances at me, I try to give her a reassuring smile. As McGonagal puts the hat on her head it comes to life, first it yawns then looks down at her.

"A Noir! Oh its been quite a while since we've had one of you here. Yes yes it was your mother! Can't say I much liked her." Its voice was rough and straight forward, then it grows silent and Jamie's face kept flashing emotion, I get the feeling that its still talking but I can't hear it.

Soon enough he declares, "Slytherin!" and her face falls. Now I want to be in Slytherin more then before, but I can see why she wouldn't want to be. It makes me wonder about her, she has to be at least a little like the rest of our family if he choose to put her there.

McGonagal removes the hat and Jamie jumps up quickly walking to stand near the door her head focused on me. I move to the stool and sit feeling the weight of the hat atop my head.

"Another Noir, how lucky..." It says aloud then I hear the voice inside my head. "You are a troubled soul much like your sister. But different in so many ways, a dark shadow looms over you but there is a light inside of you that shines even in the depths. You could be so much but your mind is clouded and your heart is darkening, I fear for the life you will have. As much as I think a pure happy house such as Hufflepuff would do you more good then any other, my choice is..."

"Slytherin!" It bellows out and is removed from my head. I sigh with relief and climb off, walking to the door McGonagal snaps her fingers again and the light fades as we step back into the hall.

She starts walking quickly towards to great hall us following behind her, we enter from a side door and she walks us halfway up the isle. Stopping at the table to the left of the room she tells us to sit.

The room is huge, big enough to fit a small mansion with four tables running the length of the room and a platform at the head seating the headmaster and teachers. Jamie and I sit where she directed us, the two people moving apart making room. Sitting next to Jamie is a tall Asian girl with black hair. Next to me a is medium sized girl with dark hair and a very short skirt on.

"Pansy." She says with a disgusted look on her face.

"Ember." I say with even more disgust and a ring of authority. She looks me up and down then decides not to push me.

"Transfers I assume? Well this is Darla my cousin." She says gesturing to a small brown headed girl on her left. "And that's Becca." Gesturing to the girl sitting next to Jamie.

"Jamie and yes we're transfers." She smiles at Darla who smiles back, Becca just scoffs and turns back to flirting with the boy next to her.

"So..." Darla says to break the stare down between Pansy and I. I smirk at her and turn to Jamie.

"God I didn't think Slytherin would look this, " I intentionally glance back at Pansy, "Pathetic. I thought this school had standards." I nonchalantly say while flipping my hair, Jamie barley conceals her giggle and nods her head agreeing.

"Excuse me?" Pansy nearly shrieks. I just smirk at her and cock my head to the side like it was an actual question. Her face flushes with anger and I just chuckle.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Some high class bitch? I bet you are just some little fucking loser trying to be cool at a new school." She spits the words at me and Darla's eyes go wide, Becca stops her flirting and turns towards us much like the rest of the students who can hear us.

"Yes actually I am a high class bitch, I am a Noir and I suggest that you watch your whore tongue." My voice is ice and a murmur goes around the table. Noir's are know death eaters, the dark lords pets, as the saying goes; 'Noirs' are ever loyal.' and to top that off our mother has apparently, donated more money to this school then most wizards and witches make in three generations so its only natural the name has a ring of authority to it.

Her face falls a bit and she looks away. "Whatever, not worth my time anyway." She sniffs.

"Uh no. I think you owe her an apology." Jamie's voice startles me, I didn't think she'd get involved in this. Pansy turns back towards us her face red.

"If you think I'm apologizing to your..." She didn't finish her sentence remembering who we are and the look on our faces stopped her cold.

"Sorry." She mumbles the gets up and walking out of the hall. "That's better." Jamie smiles at me and I just laugh shaking my head and throwing my arm around her shoulders.

"I think we'll be fine." She smiles at me and I smile back, its nice having someone to have your back.

***

We enter the common room, all black walls and furniture surround a stone fireplace.

"Girls dorm to the left boys to the right. Your things are already on your bed..." I tune out the prefect and scan the room for a gold haired boy, my eyes fall on the sofa to a boy sitting next to Pansy with his tongue down her throat. Hair so blonde its almost white and expensive looking robes. That must be him.

"I'll catch up to you later." I say to Jamie as she starts towards the dorm. "Oh okay." Say turns and continues, I stroll towards the couch and plop on the chair next to it.

"Going to introduce me to your fuck buddy Pansy?" My voice extra sweet as she teared away from him glaring at me.

"Who's this?" Draco asks looking me up and down, his eyes are mesmerizing, so blue and clear. Pansy just sits there glaring at me. I smirk at her and turn to Draco.

"A friend Draco, a greater of the dark." A phrase my father told me to use to identify myself as an ally of the dark lord. His face goes white and her glances at Pansy. "Get lost." He tells her not so kindly and she just looks between us hurt covering her face. "Go!" Her yells at her and she cringes then gets up abruptly and storms off towards the dorm.

"Who are you?" He stares at me his face blank, moving to sit next to him, he leans away and I chuckle. "I'm a friend really, I'm here to help you the best I can anyway." I offer him a smile and he relaxes a little sitting forward putting his head in his hands.

"How?" His voice slightly muffled, "Meet me here after everyone has gone to bed and we can talk." I reply and he nods his head turning back to look at me. We sit there a few more minutes while the people in the room thin out then I get up and start walking to my room.

"Wait, what's your name?" His voice makes me stop and I turn my head back to him.

"Ember Noir." I smile and he smiles back nodding his head and I turn back continuing to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
One after another, we're on a role.

I hope you guys like it!