Status: Active

Others Have Excuses, but I Have My Reasons Why

Interview, Catching Up and Drinks Oh My!

I hear Kansas slowly drifting through my room and stretch yawning before fumbling around for my phone. “Ello?” I groggily ask.

“When are we hanging out?” I hear my friend Megan chirp on the other end.

“Whenever; I have a job interview at four though,” I say rubbing my face.

“How do you already have an interview?” Megan asks as I hear someone in the background.

“The internet is an amazing thing love,” I say smiling as I sit up on the side of my bed smiling to myself as I set my feet down on the cool hard wood floor.

“Got ya; well its two now so grab dinner after you’re interview?” Megan asks as the person in the background gets louder.

“Brian not agree to that?” I ask laughing.

“He can shove it! I haven’t seen you in like a year,” Megan says pouting.

“And the last time it wasn’t exactly happy,” I say as a shiver radiates throughout my body remembering why we last saw each other.

“Yeah… so dinner?” Megan asks again.

“Sounds good love; where you wanna go?” I ask slapping on my glasses as I fumble my way down the stairs to go smoke.

“I know the perfect place! Where are you living? I’ll come pick you up,” she answers.
I quickly rattle off my address and tell her I’ll text her when I leave from the interview before hanging up and deciding I need to hop in the shower. After my shower I blow dry my hair and slip on a pair of boy shorts and bra before standing in front of my closet. “This works since it’s not too hot,” I say selecting my black pinstripe pants along with a purple v-neck sleeveless top that makes my eyes pop. After getting dress I quickly throw on some natural looking make up and walk back into my room and sit on my bed to slip on my three inch black stilettos and grab my purse and head out the door to my interview.

An hour and a half and a promising feeling later I grab my phone and text Megan to let her know I’m done with my interview.

“Good! I’ll be at your place in thirty minutes so be ready hoe,” is the message I receive back making me smile at the fact that we may have changed in the past eleven years but our friendship hasn’t.

I walk up to my townhouse and after fumbling with the keys for several minutes get the door unlocked and walk up to my room where I quickly take off the heels, pants and shirt opting for a AFI tank top, plaid shorts and flip-flops smiling at the fact that I feel like myself again as the doorbell rings. “Coming!” I scream from my bathroom quickly checking my make up before running down the stairs and answering the door to see my best friend. “I’ve missed you Sissy!” I squeal before attacking Megan in a hug.

“I’ve missed you too CD!” Megan says returning the hug. “OK so we’re going to this awesome little tiki bar type place and yes they have weird shit you can eat,” she says nearly reading my mind.

“Sounds good to me,” I say walking out to her late sixties model mustang. I sigh to myself before getting into the car and touching the locking button three times.

“You still doing that huh?” Megan asks a slight laugh to her voice.

“Well, you can’t exactly get rid of OCD ya know,” I say pouting at the fact that she’s laughing at me.

“True; oh Bri and I are having a barbeque you just have to come to tomorrow,” Megan says smiling before turning out onto the road.

“Sounds good, until I get a job I don’t have shit to do anyways,” I say shrugging looking out the window.

“So how’s life?” Megan asks as we continue down the road.

“OK I guess. I mean not horrible but not exactly excellent either if ya know what I mean. You?” I say playing with my tongue ring.

“Don’t mean to brag but pretty awesome right now,” Megan says smiling as we pull into the restaurant that defiantly has a tiki hut vibe to it. “So what do you think?”

“It’s pretty cute; do they have good drinks?” I ask eyeing the bar as we walk in and are seated.

“Some of the best in town,” Megan says smiling.

“Excellent,” I say as the fun night of throwing a few back and catching up with my friend begins.

After dinner Megan and I head back to my place where we sit around and talk until around three when she decides she needs to go home before falling asleep on my couch. Before she leaves she gives me her address and threatens me that if I’m not there by four she’s sending her minions after me making me laugh. Once she left I double check my door to make sure its locked before heading upstairs where I strip and slip into bed smiling at the fact that for the first time in so long I feel like I’m where I’m supposed to be.