Status: Active

Others Have Excuses, but I Have My Reasons Why

On With Life in Four Inch Heels

It’s still hard for me to believe that I’ve officially been living in Chicago for two and a half years. What might be harder for me to believe is that the past six months of those I’ve been living in Chicago as a single girl. I was so sure, based on the way Zacky and I were when I moved here, I thought for once in my life I would get a happy ending; but that would be too much for me to ask for wouldn’t it?

After Zacky got back from his last tour we were treading on thin ice to say the least. I feel like the two thousand miles that constantly separated us even when he wasn’t on tour was just too much for us to take. The one thing I’ve been asking myself over these past six months is was furthering my career worth losing the best guy I’ve ever had? Every time I’m amazed at the answer: yes.

While I’m sure that Zacky and I could have had a very happy life together so far as our relationship goes I know I would have been miserable if I stayed in Cali because my job simply sucked the life out of me. So I’ve rationalized it to being in a happy relationship and fucking hating my life when it comes to work or; being happy with my job and eventually finding that special someone, if that day ever comes for me.

Of course I still go home every now and again to see my family and Megan. The only downside to seeing Megan is nine times out of ten Zacky’s at her place when I come in to visit. I really wish I could say that we broke up and are now the best of friends; really wish I could say that. Instead of being able to say that, even though we promised we wouldn’t make things awkward, it’s turned out just like every other relationship I’ve ever been in. He was pretty cool with it at first but now it’s just super awkward to be around him. Gotta love how the male brain handles a break up am I right?

As I’m sitting contemplating my life away right now snow is falling outside once again. One thing I never thought I’d get tired of would be snow since on average I really haven’t seen very much of it throughout my life. I had no clue I could be that wrong in my life. The snow falling outside is simply adding to the two feet of snow that’s already on the ground outside my building on the ground. I really don’t know how these people walk around in barely anything as cold as it is; you can always spot me a mile away because I’m the one bundled up from my head to my toes.

I sigh to myself and shake off the feeling I’ve put myself into and look over at my clock and realize I only have twenty minutes to get ready and head downtown to see my best friend up here Rachel. I smile to myself realizing there’s no way that’s going to happen and grab my phone and let her know I’m going to be a few minutes late. I laugh on my way to the bathroom when I get her response and quickly hop into the shower and then hop out and blow-dry my hair. After my hair’s ready I quickly do my makeup and slip into my clothes then into my shoes. I take one more look at myself in the mirror and make myself smile before heading out the door and on with my life and back into my favorite four inch heels.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit