One of the Boys

Chapter 19

When we got to my house he let me down and my mom hugged me like crazy. My mom hugged me so long that I didn't even notice Cody left. Once my mom let go I went up stairs to my room and sitting on the corner of my bed was Cody. It scared me at first, but I laughed. "Dylan your not the same girl." Cody said and my smile left my face and was replaced by a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I asked sitting down next to him, but he stood up so he was facing me.

"You keep telling everyone that you are the same person, but you look different." I nodded my head letting him know I understand now. "You've changed too. You are more mature, a bit more irresponsible, you actually act like a girl. And that's what I missed the most." I gave him the evil eye.

"You rather have me act like a guy then a girl? Are you gay?" I began to laugh and he came closer and began tickling me. I fell back on the bed with laughter begging him to stop. I looked at Cody who was now laying next to me on my bed and smiled.

"No, I am not gay, but that is what made you different and that is what made me fall in love with you." He got up and was about to leave.

"Wait," He turned around and looked at me, "Can we please be friends?" He smiled and walked out of my room. I didn't know if that was a yes or a no, but I guess I will find out tomorrow.

I woke up the next morning and it was 9 o'clock and I was late to school. I quickly got dressed and did my hair. I ran down stairs to find my mom eating scrambled eggs. It's like she didn't even care I was late for school which is odd. "Thanks, for waking me up mom." she just smiled and waved as I ran out the door.

As I entered 2nd period everybody looked at me. I hated when everybody's attention was on me especially since I ran to school and I am all sweaty and probably smell really bad. I only had to spend 20 minutes in period 2 because I was pretty late. When the bell rang I went straight to the bathroom to fix my hair, put some deodorant on, and spray me with some sweet pea perfume.

Lucas came up to me and put his arm around my shoulders and I did the same. As we walked through the hallways a bunch of people were saying 'hi' to Lucas and actually noticing him. I could feel how big my smile was on my face. Some changes can be good and this one definitely is for Lucas.

"Where were you during 1st period?" Lucas asked as we stopped at my locker, so I can get my next two classes books.

"Sleeping my mom didn't want to wake me up." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh maybe because you were up late talking with Cody because you fell asleep in the junkyard?" I gave him a little push and shut my locker.

"How did you know what happened last night?" I wondered

"Cody told me. Cody and I are tight now." I laughed at the way he said that.

"That's good." we began to walk to 3rd period even though the bell didn't ring, but our classes our on the other side of the school.

"Oh yeah Cody told him to tell you maybe." we arrived at our classes about a minute after the bell rang.

"What?" Lucas walked into his class and I was confused, but I realized that was the answer to my question last night. Why couldn't he tell me himself what a loser.

When I sat down I got a text from Lucas saying:

I forgot to tell you to meet me by the boys locker room at lunch

Why?

It's a surprise
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I know it's short, but I am trying to stretch it out into as many chapters as I can. I may do one more chapter or two more. What do you guys think the surprise is? Comment and subscribe please :)