One of the Boys

Chapter 20

When the bell rang at the end of period for I practically ran to the boys locker room. I really wanted to know what the surprise was. I was a little too excited because I fell down the stairs, but I didn't care. When I got there Lucas was already there because he came out of P.E. and that is also why he was all sweaty and gross.

He gave me no time to catch my breath, grabbed my arm and pulled me across the hallway. We walked into a room of stairs. I never knew that there was stairs behind this door. We climbed up four flights of stairs and I was exhausted because we practically ran up them.

When he opened the door the sun was shining in my eyes. I put my hand above my eyes, so I could see where I was and I was on the rooftop. It was beautiful and everybody looked like ants from up here. It was a beautiful view from here, but what were we doing up here?

I looked over towards the center of the roof and there was a picnic blanket and basket laying there. Was Lucas going on a date with me? I mean it is cute and romantic, but i thought he had a girlfriend and well he is not my type. Then I looked back at the door that we just came from and the rest of the group came out of it even Cody and Kevin. Now I was just confused.

"So the group made a decision." Ryan said walking toward Lucas and me.

"And what is that decision?" I hope it was that we were all going to forget what has happen and be a group again. We would all just sit down and have a nice little picnic and everything will be okay.

"If one of us should be with you then it should be Cody." Cody had a shocked look on his face just like me. So I guess he didn't know what was going on either. "So I decided you to should a little picnic. I know I am romantic. You can thank me later. Okay bye." He pushed Cody towards me and all the other guys left.

Cody and I awkwardly sat down on the blanket. We just sat there for a couple of minutes in silence just staring at each other. Then I opened the basket to find 1 turkey sandwich, a vine of grapes, two water bottles, and two cupcakes. I laughed a little. "Yeah certainly romantic." Cody started laughing too.

"When has Ryan ever been romantic? I don't think he knows anything about romance." Cody said grabbing the sandwich bag and pulling out one half to give to me and the other half was for him.

"I give him props for actually trying." I took a bit out of the sandwich and it was just an ordinary turkey sandwich with turkey, american cheese, and mayonnaise.

After eating the sandwich and trying to catch a bunch of grapes in our mouths and failing. We went on to dessert. When Cody went to grabbed the cupcakes out of the basket he began laughing really hard. i gave him a look and he handed me a note that said:

I gave you a whole thing of frosting so you can have a frosting fight! I thing it sounds found and romantic, so do it. Anyways enjoy. ~ Ryan

After I read that I couldn't stop laughing. Ryan knew nothing about romance, but Cody did grab the thing of frosting and scooped some up with a knife and wiped it on my nose. Then the war began.

Now that both our faces were covered with frosting we laid down on the blanket and look up at the clouds. The bell rang, but we didn't move. We kept naming the shapes of clouds till we both sat up and he began to kiss me. At first I really enjoyed it, but something didn't feel right, so I pushed him away.

"What?" Cody asked

"We should get to class." I began to get up and walk away, but Cody stopped me.

"You realize the whole point of this was for us to get together." He said grabbing my hand and holding it, but I let go.

"I know, but I just don't think we are meant to be together." He shook his head at me and walk away through the door, but came back out and said, "Then I would love to be friends with you Dylan." I smiled and ran over to him and gave him a hug. He walked me to my class and I felt like things were right for the first time since I have come back.

--------------------------------

That's the end I end up with nobody. Just kidding, I actually do end up with someone, but that's next year. I will tell you that I do get with Ryan, but that is a whole other story with less drama then this one.

Oh I almost forgot to mention that the story I was suppose to come up with for a contest, well this is it, did it win? It won in my class, but that's it. But everybody in our town knew my story of how I choose nobody. I know it is a little disappointing, but not everyone can get their happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! sorry it took so long to post this I have just been really busy and I know you all probably hate the ending, but oh well. I hope you enjoyed reading it! Thank you for all those who actually read this story it means a lot to me.