Status: On hold. Sorry guys :(

Make Me Smile

Ten

I woke up to the feeling of being carried. As I opened my eyes I found myself in Derek’s arms and was about to enter the FBI building. He paused as he notices that I was awake.

“Had a good sleep, baby girl?” he asked showing his pearly whites as he grinned down at me.

“Mhmm,” I murmured letting a yawn escape. Derek chuckled at me and placed me on the couch near the bull-pen area and sat down next to me. After rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I looked around. The burro was empty excluding the members of our team. I assumed Hotch was in his office filling out reports, seeing that his door was shut tight but I could see the light coming through the blinds. Emily was pouring herself a cup of coffee. I could catch a glimpse of Gideon, through the open office door, reading a book. The only one missing was Spencer.

“Hey Derek, where’s Spence?” I asked turning my attention back on the afro American seated next to me.

“Aww, missing your lover boy already,” he teased not answering my question. Even though I knew he was just kidding I couldn’t stop the blush from creeping onto my cheeks.

“Oh shut it Derek,” I retorted punching him on the arm. I could help put smile through.

“Relax doll face. He is just getting his face fixed up,” he told me. Immediately memories of the few previous hours flashed in my mind. I grimaced at the memory of Spencer being beaten up and almost getting shot. I let a long sigh of relief escapes past my lips knowing that at least this time everything ended up good in our favor. But the knowledge that we will come across more of such cases in the future left an uneasy knot in the pit of my stomach. I was pulled back to reality by Spencer’s voice.

“Hey guys.” My head snapped in his direction. Observing his face I noted that the swelling have gone down, but the area he got hit turned a nasty blue-ish-black colour.

“Woah Reid, that’s going to take a while to fade,” said J.J, upon entering the bureau.

“Yeah I figured.” It was easy to tell that he wasn’t too happy about having to walk around with a black eye the size of a melon for the next two to three weeks. Doubt anyone would be.

“Well I think it’s time we go home. We all had a rough week,” suggested Hotch as he placed my travel bag by my feet. I muttered a quick ‘thank you’ as I stood up from my comfortable seat n the couch. Derek mimicked my action just seconds later. Everyone agreed and made their way to gather their belongings. I was one of the last ones to leave because I decided that I should get a head start on filling out the report of the just finished case.

It wasn’t until we were in the parking lot that I realized that I didn’t have my car, seeing that Derek had picked me up from my house before we took off to San Diego.

“Oh crap..” I said out loud, letting my travel bag drop by my feet. I started to rummage through my hand bag for my phone so that I could call a cab. I was too busy cursing at myself that I didn’t even hear the sound of footsteps closing in. I must have jumped at least 8 feet into the air squealing from terror as I felt a hand on my shoulder. My phone that I just found fell with a loud ‘thud’ on the floor. I wouldn’t be surprised if it broke. I swiftly turned around to find Spencer standing there with an expression matching my own. Shock.

“Jesus Christ. Spencer you almost gave me a heart attack! Didn’t they tell you not to sneak up on people?!” I half yelled at him. My hand was over my heart in a silly attempt to try and stop it from beating out my chest.

“Oh, my god! I’m so sorry Alexa!” he started to apologize over and over again.

“I really didn’t mean to scare you,” he said as he picked up what was left of my phone. Yep, I definitely broke it. I took my now broken phone from him.

“Spence, calm down.” He was still rambling apologies. “I guess now I need to call a cab from the inside.” I let out a tired sigh.

“Oh about that,” he said, “I remembered you don’t have your car here so I was going to offer a ride,” he finished with a sheepish smile on his face.

“Well since you are offering.” I grinned and gave him a playful nudge in the ribs. I was going to grab my duffle bag but Spence beat me to it. I just let out a small chuckle and followed him to his car. He was much faster than me, so when I reached the car he had already put my bad into the backseat and was holding the passenger door open for me. He was such a gentleman.

“Thank you Spencer,” I said as I sat down. He closed the door for me and rushed to the driver’s side. We fastened our seatbelts and Spence brought the engine to life. As the car roared the radio went on playing a soft tune that created a background noise. The ride was quite, except for me giving him directions to my house. But it wasn’t awkward. Frankly it was comfortable and peaceful. Looking out the window I realized that it started to rain, blurring the scenery outside. I was daydreaming when the car pulled in the driveway of my house. By this time the rain had picked up and was pouring from the sky like a waterfall. The wind was whipping the tress as if they were out of feather. It was close to impossible to make out anything two feet from us.

“The rain has surely picked up. I think there’s going to be a storm.” Just as I finished my sentence the sky was lit up by lightning. Now how more cliché could that get? I let out a nervous laugh.

“More like it’s already a storm,” corrected me Spencer. He looked somewhat uneasy.

“Would you like to come in and wait for the rain to calm?” I asked him as I leaned to get my duffle bag from the backseat of the car.

“I would like that.” He gave me a small smile. We both got out the car and raced for the porch for cover from the rain. The run probably took less than 40 seconds. But by the time we reached the door the both of us were soaked from head to toe. I couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. Spencer’s hair was clinging to his face along with his clothes stuck to his body. I quickly fetched the house keys and let us inside the warm house, looking the door tightly shut. I put on the lights and dropped my bags by the door.

“Well that was a hell of a run.” I said with a grin. I grabbed few towels from the laundry and gave one to Spencer.

“Haha.. it sure was, I think I need a shower though.” He said.

“You can take one in the guest room.” I lead him up the stairs stopping at the door opposite to my room.

“It has all the necessities there and luckily you got a change of clothes. I don’t think bunny PJ’s would look very flattering on you.” I winked at him playfully at which he smiled. I excused myself and entered my own room. I grabbed clean dry clothes and made my way to take a nice hot shower. I took a quick shower making sure to use conditioner to get the knots out of my hair. I dried up putting a pair of matching underwear and grey plaid sweatpants and a white tank-top. I towel dried my hair a little, before I went back to my room. I noted that it got colder so I grabbed a wool cardigan and put it on. The shower in the guest room was still on so I went into the kitchen to make some tea for myself and coffee for Spencer. Spencer came down holding his soaked clothes just as I set down the drinks on the coffee table in the living-room.

“Hey again, I’ll put those to wash.” I said as I took his clothes earning a ‘thank you’ and brought them to the laundry room. I put the clothes into the washing machine and switched it on. When I returned to the living room Spence was already seated on the couch sipping on his coffee. I took a seat next to him making myself comfortable.

“Hope the coffee is to your liking,” I said taking a sip of my tea.

“It’s great thanks, much better than the stuff they have at the bureau.” He stated with a sheepish grin. I turned on the news so see the updates on the weather. It wasn’t getting any better. Spencer took notice of that as well. So I offered him to spend the night, seeing that it was pouring like from a bucket outside and because it was already past 2 AM. Luckily we had a day off tomorrow.

“Sure, if you really don’t mind.”

“I wouldn’t be suggesting if I did mind,” I said with a laugh. A blush crept onto his cheeks, which made me giggle. All of a sudden there was a bright flash of light and a roar of the thunder. I let out a small scream, being caught off guard. Everything went dark and quite after that. The only sound that could be heard was the rain falling against the windows and the beating of my heart against my ribcage.

“Someone is scared of thunder storms, huh?” he said, his breath tickling my ear. In that moment I realized that I was clinging onto Spencer, who had his arms securely wrapped around me. Saying no would have been plain stupid seeing that my action already gave it away, so I simply nodded my head. I felt his chest vibrate as he let out another low chuckle. With him being so close make my mind wonder to places it shouldn’t. And before I could stop myself from speaking the next sentence it was already too late.

“Will you stay with me?” He murmured a ‘yes’ in my ear and pulled me down so that we were lying on the couch. He pulled the blanket that was on the back of the couch and covered us both with it. The gesture was unusual; after all its Spencer we are talking about here. But none the less is was nice. There was another strike of lightning which made me jump a little. Spencer’s grip on me tightened. One of his hands tangled itself in my hair, stroking it lightly. It was relaxing and calmed me down. I closed my eyes focusing on Spencer’s heartbeat and the way his chest would rise and fall with every breath. Slowly I started to drift off, but before I did I felt a light kiss being planted on my forehead.

“Goodnight Alexa.” I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh you guys just going to love the next chapter :D
Show more love comment.