Status: On hold. Sorry guys :(

Make Me Smile

Thirteen

Here we go again
I kinda wanna be more than friends
So take it easy on me
I'm afraid you're never satisfied.


I slammed my hand on the bedside table. My hand reached blindly for my phone.

Here we go again
We're sick like animals
We play pretend
You're just a cannibal
And I'm afraid I won’t get out alive
No I won't sleep tonight


I groaned in frustration. I opened my eyes, but shut them immediately as the bright sunlight hit my vision. My phone kept ringing. I squinted my eyes and found my phone, and clicked the answer button. I put the phone to my ear, “Hello?”

“Hey Lexi.” Upon hearing his voice I was suddenly awake. I tried to get out of bed, but was so tangled in the sheets that I end up falling out of bed; onto the floor. Laugher was heard from the other line of the phone.

“Oh my god, Zack!” I yelled into the phone. I managed to pry the sheets from around me, but remained sitting on the floor with my back against the bed.

“How have you been, baby sister?” he asked.

“Good, I’ve been good. How are you? I haven’t heard from you in months!” I was slightly irritated by my brother.

“Yeah, sorry about that. I was kind of busy.”

“Too busy travelling the world and let your family know you aren’t dead?!” I almost yelled.

“Sorry, Lex.” The regret was evident in his voice. I let out a sigh. My brother, Zachery, left home a year ago to fulfil his dream to travel the world. I was happy for him. I just fished he would call more often to let know that he was alright.

“It’s alright.” I told him sincerely.

“So I was thinking,” he began saying, “that I will take a break and come to visit.”

“What! Does mom know?” I wondered.

“Yeah she knows, I spoke to her just before I called you.”

“So then you know..” I trailed off.

“Yes Lexi, I know you moved. And I am extremely happy and proud of you.” He praised. A smile crept up onto my face.

“So, if it’s alright with you how about I come visit next week?” he wondered.

“Sounds good to me, Zach.” I spend the next ten minutes organizing things with Zach for his stay. After we hung up, I got up to take a shower.

Just as I got out the shower my phone started to ring again. I quickly wrapped a towel around myself and ran to the bedside table, where I had left my phone.

“Hello?” I breathed out.

“Hey Alex, its Spencer,” came his greeting from the other end, “Umm … I’m calling regarding the dinner, if you still want to go.”

“Of course!” I exclaimed, cutting him off from rambling.

“Alright,” I could hear him let out a sigh of relief, “I’ll pick you up at 7 o’clock if that’s alright with you?”

“Fine by me.” I told him. I couldn’t keep the grin of my face. After we bid each other goodbye I realised that he hasn’t actually told me where we would be going. This kept me wondering what Spencer had planned for tonight.

Image


I put down my makeup brush and glanced at the clock. Upon seeing that I only had six minutes left I rose from my chair and slipped on the dress I choose to wear. Just as I finished putting on my heels the doorbell rang. I grabbed my clutch and raced down the stairs. As I opened the door I was met by a rather nervous looking Spencer. His eyes widened when he saw me,

“Wow, you look beautiful.” He whispered. I felt my cheeks heat up and I felt shy all of a sudden.

“Thanks Spence, you look handsome yourself.” I wasn’t lying when I said that. He wore a pair of black slacks with a white button down shirt; casual yet formal at the same time.

“Ready to go?” he wondered. I nodded my head and locked the door.

Once in the car the ride to the mystery place was filled with small talk. However any attempt at prying information from Spencer about the location we were headed to was a failure. I tried paying attention to the road signs, but that didn’t help me either. After a while I gave up.

The car came to a halt in a less urban area, with a fewer buildings around. Spencer got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side. Like the gentleman he is he opened the door for me and helped me to get out.
“Well here we are.” He stated after he led me inside the restaurant. If I didn’t know any better I would have thought that my jaw has hit the flow. The place was amazing. Spencer chuckled at my expression. A waiter led us to our table. I was still in state of shock as we got seated.

“So, what do you think?” asked Spencer after the waiter has left to fetch the bottle of wine Spencer has ordered.

“Spencer, it’s beautiful!” I exclaimed. I could see his eyes light up with joy at my answer. The waiter had returned with the wine.

“I’m glad you like it here.” A small smile tugged at Spencer’s lips. I returned the gesture. The evening was proceeding smoothly and Spencer seemed to be less nervous. In fact his shyness was slowly wearing off as well as he was taking over the conversation. We talked about random subjects; just getting to know each other. I enjoyed his company, a lot. And I couldn’t help the tingling feeling I got whenever our eyes met.

Image


Back at my house, being the gentleman he is, he walked me to the door.

“I had a real great time tonight.” I told him as I fiddled with my keys. My thoughts were racing a mile per second. I wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol or not but I was craving to kiss Spencer.

“So did I. Perhaps we could do this again.” He suggested as his cheeks turned slightly pink. I nodded my head with a smile as I subconsciously stepped closed to Spencer.

“Well goodnight Spencer.” I half-whispered standing almost chest to chest with him. Now or never. I thought to myself. I was just about lean in when all of a sudden Spencer had both his hands on their side of my cheeks and his lips crashed against my own. My stomach filled with butterflies and I could feel a shiver run down my skin as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands sneaked around my waist, bringing our bodies closer together.

After what felt like eternity we parted. Both of us were catching our breaths. Spencer gazed into my eyes as if searching for something. His lips tugged at the corners forming a smile.

“Goodnight Alexa.” He said before he kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the long delay. Been busy, then lazy. And well I am a tad pissed off that my story got wiped from Quizilla. I have no idea how that happened, but its gone.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you think!

By the way, thank you to all readers who commented and subscribed to the story.
I love you guys!