Status: On hold. Sorry guys :(

Make Me Smile

Three

Waking up from the pleasant colourful dream It immediately began to slip from my mind as I became more conscience. I turned over on my side, now fully awake, and stole a glance at the digital clock that was placed on the bedside table. The bright green numbers burned into my vision in the dimly lit room. They read 05:50 AM. I sighed, slightly frustrated that I have woken up 20 minutes earlier than I have previously planned. Robbed of sleep I decided to get of the bed, knowing that there was no chance in falling back asleep.

Stretching I made my way to the bathroom, to take a nice warm shower. As I was done washing of the sleep along with the foam from the shower gel and shampoo from my body and hair, I stepped outside wrapping a fluffy towel around my small frame. I wiped the mirror clean of the steam and glanced at myself, examining the changes in my features that occurred over the past few years. I was now a good few inches taller, making me around 5’9 ft tall. Or so I guessed. My golden blonde hair that cascaded down my face and back in loose waves was much longer, reaching down to my mid back. It seemed that I have lost some weight then my face seemed to have become slimmer as well as my body. The sign of my eyes made me feel somewhat surreal, because they occurred to be brighter, glistering like jade stones in the light with freckles of blue, grey and gold around the iris. I had an average nose that was slightly pointy and full rosy lips. I was skinny for my height, but not anorexic. My body showed signs of curves in all the right places.

I dried off and continued with the usual morning routine before starting to get ready for the day. Taking few moments to go through my closet I pulled out some matching underwear and finally picked out an outfit that would be appropriate for work yet still casual. The outfit considered of black fitted jeans, greyish green lace top with sequins and pearls around the collar, a black blazer and a pair of pale green platform heels. I also put on some jewelry to add some character to the outfit. Seeing that my hair was close to being dry I went back into the bathroom and brushed it getting rid of any possible knots. I put some mousse into my hair to define the waves and to keep it from getting frizzy throughout the day.

Quickly checking the clock in my room I saw that I still had plenty of time, so I moved on to applying my makeup. I only put a thin layer of cover up along with some golden brown eye shadow, a bit of eyeliner to define my eyes and a few coats of mascara. I finished off with adding some lipstick to my lips. Satisfied with myself I grabbed an oversized clutch that matched my shoes and went down the stairs. Deciding against having breakfast today I headed out the house, after grabbing my phone, wallet and the house keys and putting them in to my clutch.

Once in the car I put on the radio and began the short drive to work.
Upon arriving at my destination I parked my car with ease in the employee parking lot and made my way to the bullpen office. The office was empty. I cursed myself for coming here too early. I sighed and dropped my clutch on my table and took off my blazer placing it neatly on the back of my chair. Remembering that I still had to talk to Gideon about the files that I checked out the previous day, I walked to his office to check whether he was there or not. Too my luck he was already here.
“Good morning Alexa.” He greeted me with a smile.

“Morning” I replied with a small smile in return. He gestured for me to take a seat in the chair in front of him. Once I sat down he began to talk.

“So I went over the work you did on the files I gave you. I must say I was surprised, you did extremely well. You have spotted all the patterns and gave a high quality analysis about the suspect, even with the missing bits of information, which I have purposely removed from the files. It’s rare to see such a bright talent at such a young age. It’s a pleasure to have you on the team. ” He smiled. I was stunned for a moment. I didn’t expect him to praise me about my work. But I felt relieved, because if Gideon thought that I had skills and was of use to their team, then maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to accept this job. Blushing, I thanked him, feeling slightly embarrassed for the delayed reply. Gideon let out a small chuckle.

“Well that would be it. Everyone should be arriving now. There’s quite a load of paperwork for everyone to work on, unless we get a case.” He said dismissing me. I nodded my head and got up. Back at the bullpen I noticed that Derek and Spencer have arrived. They were talking among themselves a Reid’s desk. As I was approaching them Derek was the first one to notice me.

“Ah, baby girl. How are you?” He embraced me in a bear hug. Derek and I might have know each other for only a day, but we got along were well. He is somewhat like a brother to me. Don’t let the flirting fool you.

“Hello to you too, Derek. How are you?” I laughed returning his hug. He released me from his embrace, and smiled at me showing of his pearly whites.

“Pretty damn good, now that you are here.” I rolled my eyes and slapped him on the arm.

“Keep this up Mr. Morgan, and I’m going to tell Garcia that you are cheating on her. I crossed my arms and stuck my tongue out at him. Very mature on my behalf, not. He just laughed at me and poked me in the ribs, making me squeak from the sudden attack. I sent glares his way, which just made him laugh more.

“Well doll face, I’m going to go work now.” He said retreating to his desk. I rubbed my side where Derek had poked me and plopped down into my chair, turning it so that I was facing Spencer who had sat down while Derek and I joked around.

“Morning, Spencer.” I greeted with a smile. He stopped working on the file that was in front of him and looked up at me. He seemed surprised that I was talking to him

“Morning Alexa.” He replied stuttering. A faint blush appeared on his cheeks. I had to suppress a chuckle from coming out of my mouth. So I just smiled at him again, not wanting to embarrass him.

“How are you this fine morning? I continued with the small talk.

“Not so bad, yourself?” He answered avoiding any eye contact. It was easy to tell that he was shy around new people. I could sense that he felt slightly uncomfortable around me. This saddened me a little. But I brushed it off. After all we barely know each other. I knew it was going to take a while for him to warm up to me.

“Not so bad myself.” I sighed. “So, Hotch mentioned you being a genius.” I tried to keep the conversation going.

“I guess you could say that. I graduated school with 12. I have an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory so I remember everything I read. I can read 20000 words per minute. I have PhDs in Mathematics, Chemistry and Engineering, BAs in Psychology and Sociology, and I am currently working on a BA in Philosophy.” He said like it was the most normal thing in the world. I sat there with my jaw probably hitting the floor and just stared at him in amazement, processing the new information.

“That’s amazing!” I exclaimed, after I manage to recover from my semi shock. He looked stunned by my sudden outburst, but gave me a small smile.

“I bet school must have been a piece of cake for you. I wish I had such a high IQ.” I stated, imagining how much easier school and collage would have been for me if I were a genius.

“Not really.” He said softly dropping his gaze back at the file. I was about to question what he meant with that. But I saw the sad look that over took him. So I pushed my curiosity far away. Even though I wasn’t sure what it was that I said which upset him, I still felt bad for probably bringing up any unwanted memories. I got up and put my hand on his shoulder, lightly squeezing it, muttering an apology in the process, and walked away trying to find Emily or J.J to see if they had any work that I could busy myself with. Soon enough I found Emily in the lunch room pouring herself a cut of coffee.

“Morning Emily, you got anything I could work on?” I questioned her. I was desperate to find something to do. I know it was stupid, but I still felt bad for upsetting Spencer. So I wanted to distract myself.

“Hey. Yeah, sure. I have some files you could go over.” She said handing me some files that she had set down on the table. I took the files. After thanking her I walked back to my table, greeting J.J as I passed her on the way. I was hoping that Reid wasn’t there and luckily he wasn’t. I sat down, making myself comfortable in the chair and began going through the files. I was so caught up in my work that I didn’t notice Derek approaching me. That however changed once I felt a jab in my side making me yelp in surprise for the second time today. I turned around sending daggers at Derek who was laughing his head off.

“Very funny, Morgan.” I said, annoyed still keeping the glare directed at him.

“Aww, c’mon doll face. I called you a few times but you didn’t reply, so I just couldn’t resist.” He grinned. Letting out another sigh I stopped glaring at him.

“So what do you want?” I questioned him, while turning back in my chair and putting away the files that I have finished working on.

“Well its 3 o’clock already so I was wondering if you wanted to go grab lunch with Reid and me?” I agreed knowing it would be stupid to avoid Spencer any longer. I grabbed my blazer and clutch, making sure I had my phone with me. Derek and I were about to step into the elevator when Hotch stopped us.

“Sorry guys, but we got a case. Conference in 5.” He said before walking off probably to notify the others.

“Well baby doll. I guess we would have to go some other time.” Derek gave me an apologetic smile as we began walking towards the conference room in a brief pace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter three :)
Okay so I know that I said I'll post a link of what Alexandra looks like.
But unfortunately I cannot find a picture that would suit the character best.
So have patience :)
Anyways, hope you like the story so far.
Do leave a message and let me know what you think.

:)