Learning to Fall Again

The Begining

"Alex" Jamie called softly from beside my bed. I yawned and rolled over to face my little brother "yes.". "Alec made breakfast" as he always did on the first day back to school. "Okay, I'll be down in a minute you go ahead." "Okay.". For being 11 he's not that bad of a kid. After showering an changing i walked downstairs. I found mom asleep on the couch, and Alec and Jamie playing with their food. "Alec your teaching Jamie bad habits" I said sitting down and getting my breakfast. "It's not like he doesn't do it already" Alec said readying a spoon to fling food at me. "I swear if you do it I will personally shove this whole plate down your pants" I pointed to the plate in front of me. "That's enough" shit time to get Jamie outta here. "Come on Jamie before you miss your bus" I got up leaving my plate on the table. "Okay, bye mommy" he said grabbing his bag and heading for the door. "Bye Jamie" you could feel the vemon in her voice. "So are you two going to clean up this mess before you leaving" she said more to me than Alec. "Yes' I replied. "Yes what" she hit me. "Yes ma'am" I held back from hitting her back, because the one time I didn't ended badly. So after cleaning up the dinning room I walked back up stairs to cover up the forming brusie. "She has no right to do that" Alec said walking in my bathroom. "I know but for now we can't stop her" i turned to face to him. He put his hand where she hit me. I drew in a sharp breath. "Sorry". "It's okay, are you ready to go?" i asked grabbing my bag. "Yup off to the hell we call school".