‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Seventeen.

“Taylor wake the fuck up you lazy douchebag!” A voice I recognised as Alex’s said as she shook my shoulders.

“What the fuck?” I mumbled as I opened my eyes, glancing around to see that I was back on the Hit The Light’s bus and sprawled out in my bunk.

“You’ve been asleep for like two hours, it’s time to wake up as it’s party time!” She exclaimed as she let go of my shoulders.

“I can’t cope with another party so soon!” I exclaimed dramatically as I got out of my bunk and stood up.

“It’s not a party exactly, it’s more bowling.” She grinned as she clapped her hands together.

My face lit up. There was nothing I loved more than Bowling.

“Hell yes!” I grinned as I high-fived her.

“I’ve heard you’re a champ at bowling, we’re being on the same team, you have no say in the matter.” She chuckled.

“Fine by me, when are we going?” I questioned.

“As soon as we‘re ready, everyone else has already made their way down to Pinz but because Hayden and I are lovely we let you sleep.” She scoffed playfully.

“You see, this is why I love you, and also why I love shopping, new clothes always come in handy” I laughed as I reached into my bunk and pulled my bags out.

“Amen to that!” Alex grinned as she picked up her own bags that were placed on the floor by my bunk.

“Now’s the hard part.” I groaned.

Hayden looked at me sceptically.

“Deciding what to wear!” I laughed as I pushed her playfully.

“Well, considering I’m the best choice, I’ll help you and your lame attempts.” Hayden said proudly as she grabbed my arm and led me towards the bathroom.

“Help me!” I exclaimed dramatically at Alex.

She winked in response and climbed into my bunk.

Hayden pushed me into the bathroom and closed the door behind us before grabbing my bags out of my hands and pulling the contents of each of them out, placing them on the floor in front of us.

“Hmm.” She contemplated as she paced back and fo. “I have to say, you’ve chosen some really nice clothes, this might be difficult.” She laughed as she glanced at everything each in turn.

“I think I’ve got it!” She shrieked as she picked out a baseball style Glamour Kills tee, a pair of black Hi Top Chuck Taylors with straps, and blue acid wash shorts with the A Rocket To The Moon belt buckle and belt.

“You need to be my stylist.” I joked.

“I know, you should pay me.” She joked. “Now go and change!” She exclaimed as she opened the bathroom door, shutting it hurriedly behind her.

I chuckled to myself as I changed into what she’d picked out, I had to admit, Hayden knew what she was doing when it came to clothes. I strapped up the Chuck Taylor’s and couldn’t help but look at my leg, I really needed stop being so clumsy, my clumsiness had resorted in so many dislocations and broken bones it was unreal. I stood up and looked in the mirror, I had to admit, I even thought I looked half decent, and I never did, so that was saying something. I opened the door as I attempted to put the buckle on the belt, but I was having no luck.

“Houston, we have a problem!” I laughed as Hayden walked up to me.

“You really can’t do anything, can you?” She joked as she grabbed the belt and buckle out of my hands.

“Wow, you look good, Ghosty.” Alex winked.

“As do you, hot stuff! And lay off with the Ghosty!” I whined as I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Here you go!” Hayden said proudly as she handed me the belt with the buckle in tact.

I laughed and bowed down to her before threading the belt through the loops of my shorts and tightening it.

“It’s time to go, kids!” Alex laughed as she grabbed Hayden and I and pulled us down the spiral staircase quickly.

“Wait! I haven’t got my bag or anything.” I said as Alex continued to pull us along.

“You see, this is why I’m amazing, I’ve already shoved your bag in my bag, now lets go go go!”

“Is there nothing you don’t think of?” I chuckled.

“Of course not, I’m wonder woman.” She replied.

We piled into a cab and took off to our destination, none of us really knowing exactly where it was, but hey, when you’re in a new city you don’t know where anything is, it’s all part of the crazy and normally worthwhile experience.

“Now this is moving in the same direction, but I’m a little too spent to care.” I grabbed my cell out of my pocket and slid up the screen once more.

One new message from Matt.

Hurry up you loser, we’re all waiting and I want to bowl!

To Matt.

We’re on our way, stop complaining! We both know you’re shit at bowling. ;)

I laughed as my cell went off once again a few minutes later.

One new message from Matt.

Fuck you.

I shook my head and shoved my cell back in my pocket.

“I’ve decided I’m going to kick Matt’s ass at bowling.” I smirked.

“Well that time’s come now, considering we’re here.” Hayden laughed as I glanced outside the window to see for myself.

We paid the driver and piled out once more, running into the building.

“About time!” Matt whined as he hit me across the head.

“You’re such a pain in the ass.” I scoffed.

“Fine, next time I won’t pay for you.” He said as he shoved the bowling shoes into my hands.

“I love you” I chuckled as I kissed his cheek.

“Love isn’t enough, I’m going to kick your ass.” He taunted.

“You and I both know that isn’t going to happen.” I smirked.

He flipped me off in response as he made his way over to the others. I glanced around to see Collin handing Hayden a pair of shoes, I smiled to myself, they were so caught up in each other they didn’t even realise.

“Which one of you fuckers paid for me?!” I heard Alex ask Logan and Jake.

Jake scoffed and handed her a pair of shoes, in which she kissed him on the cheek.

“Good kid!” She winked as she slid her shoes off.

We made our way over to Hit The Lights and the rest of Taking Back Sunday, A Rocket To The Moon and Lidia who were all sat in our lane. Considering there were so many of us we’d managed to get hold of the biggest lane with the most seats there, it was great having famous friends sometimes, ha.

“Right, now that we’re all here, here’s what we’re going to do!” Matt said as we all sat down. “Considering there’s a fuck load of us we’re going to have two captains and then split into two teams, sound good?” He laughed.

We all cheered in response.

“So, team captain nominations?” Matt asked, glancing at us.

“We all know Taylor’s a bowling champ, so I’m nominating Taylor.” Hayden chuckled.

“I second that!” Lidia nodded.

“Third!” Nathan chimed in.

“I’ve got to agree.” Collin agreed.

“I accept!” I cheered.

“Okay so clearly Taylor’s one captain, we still need another one, are any of you confident enough to take on Taylor?” Matt laughed.

“I nominate Nick!” Alex laughed, smirking at her brother.

“What?! No-” Nick protested.

“I second that!” Justin chimed in, earning a punch in the arm from Nick.

“Third!” Adam agreed.

“Fourth!” Mark exclaimed.

“Fifth” I said as I glanced at him, a smirk playing across my lips.

“Fine!” He sighed.

“You have no idea what you’re letting yourself in for.” Hayden laughed as she patted Nick’s shoulder.

“I don’t really want to find out either.” He mumbled.

“Oh come on Nick, It’ll be fun! I promise I won’t show you up too much” I winked.

He flipped me off and got up.

“I say we place a bet.” He smirked.

“I’m all ears.” I shrugged as I too stood up as everyone watched us intently.

“If you lose Nicholas, you have to take a shower with VanDame, over here.” I laughed.

“Taylor! I’m clearly going to be on your team, you can’t just sell me out!” Nathan exclaimed.

“I love you?” I grinned mischievously.

“You better not win!” He mumbled.

Nick contemplated my proposition for a minute before he nodded.

“Okay, deal.” He said.

“Okay lets go then, I-” I was cut off by Nick.

“You’ve forgotten about what if I win.” He smirked.

“Do your worst.” I taunted.

“You have to go on a date with me.” He shrugged.

“I TOLD YOU!“ Alex piped up.

I laughed and turned around, flipping her off before turning around once more.

“That’s it? Really?” I asked in disbelief.

He nodded in response.

“NO! you have to think of something better, if they lose I want to see them suffer!” Adam whined.

“Jealous, Adam?” I smirked.

“BURN!” Hayden laughed.

“In your fucking dreams.” He scoffed.

I flipped him off and turned back to Nick.

“Deal” I shrugged “But don’t get your hopes up, you haven’t seen anything yet.” I grinned.

“Oh don’t worry, I’m not” He laughed.

“Okay captains, choose your teams!” Matt exclaimed as he made his hand into a fist as if he were holding a microphone.

“I choose Hayden.” I laughed as she stood up, high-fiving me quickly.

“Matt.” Nick smirked, looking at me.

“Alex.” I winked.

“Oh you’re going the fuck down, bro!” She laughed.

“Chyeah, We’ll see. Adam you’re on my team!”

“Lidia you’re on mine!”

“Collin!”

“Nathan!”

It seemed to go on for what felt like hours considering there were so many people to choose to put on our teams, but in the end my team consisted of Hayden, Alex, Lidia, Nathan, Eddie, Fred, Jake, Nick, and Erick.
Nick’s team consisted of Matt, Collin, Adam, Justin, Mark, Logan, Omar, David, Justin and Andrew.
I guess you could say I began to choke on my own words, there was me thinking it’d be a straight win situation, but it really wasn’t. You see, Nick had tricked me, yep that’s right. Nick Santino tricked me. I felt a bit guilty, considering I knew I was good at bowling and he’d have absolutely no chance in a million years of winning, so I thought I’d take it a bit easy on him, considering he’d have to take a shower with Nathan at the end of it, but as soon as I let my guard down his true colors shone, and they weren’t pretty. It turned out Nick was pretty good at bowling, actually, pretty good was an understatement. Even Alex was surprised, I was eating my own words with each strike that he got, and he hadn’t picked at bad team either. But all that said, my team were on a roll too, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife at how thick the tension was. I wasn’t going to give in that easily.

“So it all comes down to this.” Matt said into his “microphone” “There’s only one more bowl between Taylor and Nick to break the tie in the score, and that bowl is going to change everything forever!” Matt exclaimed dramatically.

“This is so fucking tense my palms are sweating!” Alex whined.

“How do you think I feel?!” I scoffed as I pushed my hair out of my face.

“Scared, Taylor?” Nick taunted.

“You wish.” I replied as I rolled my eyes.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply before making my way forward and getting myself ready to bowl.

“Syke!” Nick shouted just as I was about to let go of the ball.

I jumped a little but I didn’t let it get to me, and I’m glad I didn’t, considering I’d managed to get a perfect strike. Talk about Karma. The whole of my team jumped up and began to cheer as I made my way back towards Nick.

“Syke yourself.” I winked.

He rolled his eyes playfully and made his way forward getting into position.

“Come on, Nick! We’re all counting on you!” Adam reassured.

“Yeah because that makes it easier!” Nick laughed.

“You can do it!” Collin grinned.

“Traitor!” I yelled at him as he flipped me off.

The next minute was like something out of a movie, Nick let go of the ball and it made it’s way towards the pins, everyone who wasn’t stood up stood up in anticipation as we watched the ball intently, which hit every pin..except one.

“FUCK YES!” I yelled as I began jumping around.

“You’re fucking incredible, Rubano!” Alex grinned as she picked me up.

“I hate you Taylor!” Nathan whined.

“I’m sorry Nathan, I love you!” I winked.

“You owe me food!” He mumbled.

“I’ll buy you all the food you want.” I grinned as Alex put me down.

I made my way over to Nick who was receiving groans of disappointment from everyone.

“Hey! You didn’t lose the bet, you still have your pride!” He protested.

“Poor you, huh?” I smirked at him.

“Poor me?! I’m going to be scarred for life.” He laughed.

“I’m sorry to hear that” I said unsympathetically.

“Yeah that’s right, you laugh it up, grass roller!” He retorted.

I glared at him playfully and pushed him in the chest.

“Do not speak of it!” I groaned as he pulled me into his arms.

“I’m not going to let it go, you know.” He said smugly.

“I know, I know.” I said as I poked him in the ribs.

He let go of me and rubbed his ribs.

“That hurt, you bully!” He scoffed.

I jumped up and down happily. I don’t know what it was, I think it was just the adrenaline.

“Nice belt buckle.” He said proudly, glancing at it.

“You think so? I thought the design was cool, I don’t like the band though, they’re pretty shit and the lead singer is a stuck up douche bag” I winked playfully.

He placed a hand over his heart and glared at me.

“Listen here kid, I’ll have you know that band are amazing, and the lead singer is a god okay? Got it?”

I held my hands up in defence. “Chill bro, whatever you say.” I grinned.

“I didn’t know you were gay, bro! Have a nice shower” Alex smirked.

“Yeah, yeah!” He scoffed as he flipped her off.

“Sibling love!”

“Where’s the love?” Alex said as she rolled her eyes.

“You’re cruising for a bruising!” Nick warned.

“Bite me!” Alex exclaimed before running away.

“Seriously, why couldn’t you just leave her at the Mall?!” Nick groaned as he punched me in the arm playfully.

“I’ve been asking myself that question for hours.” I joked as I glanced over at Alex who jumped into Jake’s lap and pulled out a pen from her pocket before attempting to draw on his face.

There was no other way to describe it; Alex Santino truly was a mentalist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.