‹ Prequel: Sink Into Me
Status: Active

Carpe Diem

Thirty Two.

“I think we’re in need of a serious party tonight!” Alex exclaimed as she began jumping up and down, the adrenaline still coursing through her veins.

“When it’s time to party we will party hard!” Halvo and I screamed in unison as we quoted Andrew W.K before looking at each other wide eyed.

“Bro, high five me!” He exclaimed as I smacked my hand against his.

“I can’t believe I associate myself with you two.” Nick scoffed as he glanced between Halvo and I.

“More like we can’t believe we associate with you.” I scoffed back.

“Burn!” Halvo exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, earning a chuckle of me before saying, “I like her.”

“Looks like you’ve got competition, Nicholas.” Alex smirked as Nick shot her a glare, “Back onto the brighter side of things, where’s this party taking place?” She questioned.

“How about our bus?” Colin piped up as the rest of Hit The Light’s nodded in agreement.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, I mean, Kade-” I began but was cut off by Lidia, “I’ll look after him on our bus.” She smiled.

I shook my head as I glanced at Kade who was asleep in Matt’s arms, “It’s not fair on you, Lid. Besides-”

“No, Taylor. You deserve a party after today, it’s no trouble at all.”

“But-”

“Taylor,” She warned.

I sighed in defeat, “Fine, our bus it is.” I laughed as everyone cheered in response.

“Bring whatever the fuck you want to.” Nate piped in, “Especially food.”

I rolled my eyes, “You really never stop thinking with your stomach do you?”

“Nope.” He grinned proudly as he crossed his arms.

[&]

Two hours later I found myself surrounded by the best people in the best atmosphere. Hit The Lights, Taking Back Sunday plus Charlie, Alex, Logan, Jake and A Rocket To The Moon had completely taken up our bus, just from that it wasn’t hard to see that the party was going to be a messy one. Although, I hoped it wouldn’t’t be as messy as last time, I’d be sure not to kiss my best friends…well…Collin, ha. I felt amazing, truly amazing, accomplished, even. After all, it was Kids From The Summer’s congratulations party…yeah, I didn’t believe it either, it was just another excuse for a party, but with a damn good reason.

“Lets get this party started!” Matt grinned as he held his red cup up in the air as we all cheered and clapped in response.

I grinned as I brought my cup up to my lips, feeling the burning sensation run down my throat as I drank and winced.

“You know it’s not good to drink straight up Vodka? It always ends in messiness.” Jake grinned as I stood next to me.

“That’s what I’m going for, Jakey boy.” I winked as I nudged him playfully.

“I’m glad you said yes to joining the band, truly.” He said as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

“Aren’t you the cutest,” I grinned as I ruffled his hair. “I’m glad too.”

“So, to commemorate this special occasion, I say we drink to it.” He said as he poured himself a cup of Vodka before he turned back around to face me. “Lets see who can drink this the quickest, loser has to go and stand in the shower fully clothed and get soaked, and they’re not allowed to change for the rest of the night.”

I glanced down at what I was wearing quickly, consisting of Shorts, a Blue Glamour Kills tank and Black Chuck Taylor Hi-Tops before looking back up at him, smirking.

“I’m down with that.” I agreed as we linked our arms that held our cups through the others, staring at each other intently.

“Ready?” He smirked.

“Always.” I winked.

“One.”

“Two.” I said, biting the top of the cup.

“Three!” We screamed in unison, chucking the Vodka down our throats, wincing as we went. I hated the burning feeling, but I suppose I’d become accustomed to it as I loved drinking Vodka straight up.
I’d say there was literally a few seconds in it as Jake and I finished drinking.

“I fucking won!” Jake cheered as he began to cough.

I winced as I rubbed my throat. I can’t express how much that hurt.

“I feel dizzy!” I laughed as I flipped him off.

“Looks like you’re getting soaked Taylor!” He grinned as he picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

“Don’t do this!” I pleaded as he laughed at my misfortune.

“Hey guys! Taylor lost the drinking game we played, now she has to suffer the consequences, who’s coming to watch?!” He exclaimed as Alex, Logan, Matt, Collin, Hayden and Nick cheered and ran after Jake who’d proceeded to walk in the direction of the bathroom with me over his shoulder, hitting his back.

“Dicks!” I huffed as I gave up. It was a good thing I was wearing waterproof make-up, I think that’s one of the only times it’d ever come in handy.

He laughed as he pushed the bathroom door open and ran over to the shower, placing me down in it. I glared at him as I tried to cut and run but he simply grabbed my shoulders and held me in place, considering he was about a foot taller than me I couldn’t’t really get past him.

“Oh Taylor, you’ve got yourself into quite a predicament haven’t you?” Alex laughed as she high-fived Nick who was smirking.

“I’m going to wipe that smirk off your face when I get out of here, just you wait.” I said as I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Have fun with that, Taylor.” Hayden grinned.

“I hate you all, you fucks!” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“Enough talking, more soaking!” Jake grinned as he turned the shower on.

I was drenched within seconds as he‘d turned it on full blast, and it was completely freezing too, making it worse.

“I’m fucking soaked! Stop the damn thing it‘s fucking freezing!” I whined as Jake rolled his eyes before slowly turning the shower off, considering he could see I really wasn’t lying.

I climbed out and pushed my hair out of my face as I began to shiver slightly. I bit my lip as I suddenly had an idea.

“Jake, give me a hug.” I smirked as I jumped into his arms, wrapping mine around him tightly before squeezing him.

“Not cool, Taylor!” He whined as I jumped down, glancing at his now wet shirt.

“You sir, are a prick.” I scoffed as I kicked Jake in the leg.

I shrugged innocently as I made my way out of the bathroom, picking up the nearest towel on my way out, not caring who’s it was as I wrapped it around my shoulders. I huffed to myself as I made my way through the many band members who were lingering around.

“What the fuck happened to you?” Adam questioned, a red cup in hand as he glanced down at my wet frame.

I pushed my wet hair out of my eyes, “I lost a drinking game.”

“Idiot.” He scoffed.

I narrowed my eyes at him, “Do not even go there.”

He smirked slightly as he glanced down at my wrist, “Nice bracelet.”

I glanced down too, forgetting I still had Nick’s bracelet on my wrist.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, feeling completely awkward as I moved my wrist out of view. I couldn’t pin point exactly why I felt awkward, but I assumed it was the fact that Adam had mentioned Nick in a sense without even saying his name, and it made all my emotions bolt at once considering mine and Adam’s very complicated history.

“I didn’t know you liked bracelets.” He chuckled as he brought his cup up to his lips, drinking some of whatever contents lay within it.

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me.” I snapped unintentionally, immediately regretting it. “Sorry.”

He rolled his eyes as he shrugged, “Whatever.”

“So how long have you and Charlie been together?” I mumbled. That was another thing I regretted opening my mouth about, as I felt a strange feeling surge through me when he answered.

“Almost two years.”

I choked on the Vodka I’d began to swallow as I bit down on my lip. I don’t know what possessed me to ask the next thing I did, but when my big mouth is concerned, I asked it regardless.

“Are you happy?”

He raised an eyebrow, “What kind of a question is that?”

I shrugged, “Just a question.”

He simply nodded in response.

“That’s good.” I said awkwardly as I cleared my throat, “I’m going to walk away now.” I smiled half heartedly as I walked away, breathing out a breath as I wasn’t aware I was holding when I wasn’t in close proximity anymore. I walked up to the kitchen area and picked up my red cup that I’d previously left there and chucked the contents down my throat, ignoring the burning sensation. All my awkward feelings seemed to disappear though as I automatically smiled as Nick made his way over to me.

[&]

“Here it is, the one and only drink produced by Eric Halvorsen himself,” Justin chuckled as he placed two shot glasses between Charlie and I, “If this doesn’t make you puke I don’t know what will.”

“Have you not seen Taylor drink? She’s indestructible.” Colin scoffed as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“We’ll see,” Halvo laughed as he admired his concoction, “I bet ten bunks on Charlie.”

“Thanks for the support, Eric.” I glared playfully as he shrugged before grinning.

“I bet thirty on Taylor,” Colin said confidently as he placed thirty bucks on the table in front of us as Halvo did the same with ten bucks.

“Don’t you dare puke,” Colin warned as he ruffled my hair.

“Let’s just get on with it,” I laughed as Charlie nodded in agreement.

“Three,”

I picked up the shot glass as I looked down at the content, my stomach turning as I scrunched up my nose.

“Two,”

Charlie and I brought the shot’s up to our lips in unison.

“One!” Everyone shouted as I threw the content of the shot glass to the back of my throat, gulping it down. I made a face of disgust as I wiped my mouth as I looked at Charlie intently who was mimicking my actions.

“Go on, Taylor!” Adam cheered, surprising Charlie and I, who shot me a glare at the fact her boyfriend was cheering for me to win and not her. Way to go, Adam.

Charlie’s eyes suddenly widened as she shot up and darted for the front of the bus, jumping down the steps as she disappeared out of sight completely. I grinned in triumph as Colin hugged me tightly from behind, not caring about me of course, just caring that he got to keep his money and made an extra ten bucks from it.

“I’ll break you one day, Taylor. You wait.” Halvo scoffed as he tried to slyly grab his ten bucks back off the table but Colin snatched it up before his hand could come into contact with it.

“Halvo I don’t even want to know what you put in that, all I know is that it’s fucking disgusting.” I shuddered as I stood up.

I began weaving my way in and out of the crowd of band members once again as I made my over to nearby the front door, only to be met with the sight of Charlie walking back in. I mumbled to myself, not wanting to deal with her. As I turned around though, I smacked straight into someone as I felt a cold sensation down the front of my chest as the alcohol seeped through my tank top.

“Don’t you think my tank’s had it bad enough tonight?!” I whined, punching Nick in the arm as he laughed in response.

“Don’t laugh!” I huffed playfully as I made my way over to the front door, knowing that Charlie had already walked back into the bus. I walked down the first two steps and sat down on the third.

“Budge the fuck up.” Nick said as I rolled my eyes before moving over so he could take a seat next to me.

We both sat there in silence, neither of us knowing what to say as we listened to the random cheers and conversations that filled the loud atmosphere in the bus behind us.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked hesitantly, turning to face me.

I nodded my head as I felt a lump rise in my throat, feeling that it wasn’t going to be a question that I’d love to answer.

“Do you still love Adam?” He asked, looking at me intently.

I shook my head almost immediately, “Of course I don’t. but wh-”

“Taylor, I know you gave me that whole explanation not so long ago, but it looks like things have changed.”

I shook my head once more, “I don’t love him, heck, we’re not even friends, we’re just on talking terms and that’s it. Well for now, maybe we’ll end up being friends eventually, but that’s all there is to it.”

He nodded as silence fell upon us once more, but I couldn’t help myself by blurting out something I felt incredibly stupid for asking.

“Why?”

“Why what?” He questioned, pushing his hair out of his face.

“Why did you ask me that?”

“Because I needed to know.”

“I understand that, but why?”

“Because I needed to know if I’m wasting my time.”

Before I could utter another word he placed his hand on my cheek for a moment before cupping my face in his hands gently. My eyes fluttered closed as he pressed his lips against mine softly. I couldn’t help but smile into it, I think one way of describing how incredibly simple yet passionate it was would be through the sheer fact that I felt my heart rate quicken slightly as my stomach continued to flip like I’d been on the loop-de-loop section on a rollercoaster for about twenty minutes straight.
We broke apart slowly as I rested my forehead against his, his face mirroring my own as we both smiled.

“Well it’s about time!” Alex exclaimed from behind us, causing me to jump up out of sheer surprise as I clasped a hand over my racing heart.

“You’re going to be the death of me.” I sighed as I felt my heart rate return back to it’s normal speed.

She simply winked before she exclaimed once more, “I have to go and tell everyone about this!” Before running off as Nick and I heard “HEY EVERYBODY!” in the distance. I chuckled as Nick stood up, pushing me up the stairs playfully before saying, “Lets see if we can gag her before she says anything.”

At that moment, needless to say I felt on top of the world. If I’d only known then about the mass upon mass of complications that were to arise in the near future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xo.