Sequel: Unwanted Inheritance
Status: Completed

A Two Sided Coin

Chapter Eleven - What's Left Behind

Meanwhile, a man walked into a hotel room to find a body of a woman lying against the wall, apparently dead. He knelt down beside her, he knew what to do. He raised her head, ignoring the mats of blood in her hair, and he kissed her. Nothing happened for three minutes and seemed unlikely that is would, just when the man was about to give up, veins started traveling up her face. Then he felt life force draining out of him. As he kissed her, he noticed cuts on her face disappearing and her face growing less and less pale. When he deemed it necessary, the man broke the kiss.

As the man stood up, the woman looked at him for a moment, and then said in a raspy voice, "Took you long enough Marcus."

Marcus stared at her, "Melena the organization is gone, or at least our branch of it. Carson did it."

Melena smiled at that, a knowing look, "No not Carson... Something different, something powerful." she said wistfully.

Marcus pondered that for a few minutes, "Regardless he needs to be taken down. I expect you’ll be up for it?"

Melena looked at Marcus, gauging his demeanor, then said, "Fine, but let me talk to him first."
A deal made, the two set out of the hotel room; one with a stone faced expression and the other with the look of a cat, with a mouse in sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I believe this is the shortest chapter yet! I also think it's the shortest chapter their is going to be. I'm not sure though since I have to break up certain parts of the story so we'll see what makes sense put together, and what doesn't.
Anyways, I would like to thank all the readers who have read up to this point and stuck with me. I know it's not the best work out there but it's awesome that you guys still enjoy this and are willing to put up with my writing faults. I hope you guys decide to keep on reading and continuing on this adventure with me!