Status: I do understand that a lot of us may go down in the process of finding ourselves.

Get Me Out of My Mind

Prologue

I do understand that a lot of us may go down in the process of finding ourselves. If I could only be so lucky to know who I am and know where I’m going, I’d be set. But I am indecisive and scared that I will go nowhere, and just stay a small nobody to everybody. Never to have a person who would know everything about me, know my secrets so I wouldn’t have to keep everything bottled up.
If I had someone to talk to I wouldn’t be so depressed all the time. Sure, I have had a friend along the way. He’s gone though, moved for good. I’m taking it one day at a time.

I trudged my way to the nurse, my nose bleeding and I’m pretty sure I’m going to have a black eye forming in an hour or two. Why did he punch me? Only if I knew, I might have been able to stop him from any kind of violence, but from what I’ve learned from past experience is that he’s unpredictable. I’m about ready to leave this school, I would be homeschooled if it was up to me, but sadly it’s not. When I reached the nurse’s room, I knocked on the open doorway. She swung around; one look from her said it all. “Not again.” I shrugged and tried to smile a bit, a napkin to my nose and hands colored crimson. She rushed to me, leaving her work down. “Oh Ross, didn’t you ever learn to stay away from him?” she attempted to soothe me with her voice being calm. I was fine, actually. Not only am I used to it, but it also could be worse. A flashback of my broken leg passing through my mind; I shuddered.
“Easier said than done, Miss Enstrum,” I smiled and she helped me to the chair in which I was way too familiar with. She disappeared into the bathroom, and I heard the sink running. She came out with a white rag in hand. I removed the napkin and she put it to my nose. I winced in pain as she cleaned the blood off my face and hands, the rag turning red in the process.
“Why did he hit you, now?”
“You know, I don’t even know…” I said, trying to remember what I could have done wrong. Nothing came to mind. I shrugged at her and she shook her head in response. I wanted for the bell to ring to go back to class. I missed more than half of my lunch period and didn’t eat anything but that’s nothing new. I continued on with the day, and a black eye getting worse and worse. At least the blood was gone.
And I was set in mind to tell my parents something huge tonight- but now I should be as lucky to be able to explain the black eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is the begining of something I hope to be big.