Status: I do understand that a lot of us may go down in the process of finding ourselves.

Get Me Out of My Mind

The Girls Cabbin and Same Old Dreams

Sleeping that night was near impossible, probably the most horrible sleep I’ve ever had. Deserts were unbelievably hot in the morning, but as soon as the sun goes down it turns into a barren frozen waste land. My body was shaking all night with nothing but a sheet. No real blanket, just a thin cotton sheet. I didn’t like the ideas of being in the bottom bunk of a bunk bed. I hear creaks come out of the wood all night. When the morning finally came, I felt as if the heat was going to eat me up, fucking bipolar deserts. In a short few minutes, my skin was sticky and I began to get nauseated again. I might have been hungry too, I barley ate but my stomach couldn’t make up its mind. I didn’t feel like eating but I was hungry. It had to be around 6 in the morning, and I was finally drifting off to sleep when something scared the living daylights out of me, a loud as could ever be horn went off and I jumped up, hitting my head on the bed above me. I was rubbing it when everyone else jumped out of their beds and crawled their way to the dressers to grab clothes.
“Uh, that’s going on?” I asked to whoever would hear.
“Shower time, newbe.” Jon said, smiling.
I jumped up and grabbed some clothes from my baggage, I hadn’t unpacked yet. I remembered how hot it would be and made sure to grab a plain t-shirt and some shorts. Along with other things, my unmentionables and some shoes, everyone except for Brendon was out the door already. From the sound of all the creaking above my head all night, he didn’t sleep well either. He rubbed his eyes sleepily, and yawned. I waited for him to leave first so I could see where the showers were located; everyone else was already out of sight. He came up from behind me when I was looking out of the small window. I felt a tap on the shoulder, I turned toward the direction. He was motioning me to follow him. So I did.
A couple seconds of walking, and he noticed I was lagging behind a bit. It was so hot already and he was walking so fast, I had no energy. I hadn’t eaten in a whole day and I got no sleep. He threw his arm around me and pushed out sides together. My expression was probably a mixture of pure shock and nausea. My heart had dropped into my stomach. He smiled at me, most likely noticing my blushed checks. He took his knuckles from his other hand and gave me a nudge on the check. The look he gave me spoke wonders, it was screaming to me, ‘everything will be alright.’ Even though this kid didn’t speak, he sure was good at expressing himself. It gave me a warm comforting feeling in the pit of my stomach. It felt just... right.
When we reached the showers, the first thing that caught my attention was they were just stalls of wood with some pipes over them. Brendon pointed me to a stall and threw me a plain white towel. In a few seconds, he was gone into his own stall. I stared at mine, displeased at the looks of it. It was broken. I pulled the door open and it nearly flew off. I put myself into it. When all my clothes were off and hanging on the hook, I started the water. It was freezing, it shocked me at first but it felt amazing.

~*~

“Oh Ryan!” someone from the distance chimed in, I turned around to see Spencer running over to me. When he reached my side, it was then able to hear what he had to say. “It’s breakfast time. I’m sure you’re happy to hear that.” I nodded profusely. I can’t lie; I would eat anything at this point. Spencer showed me to the diner hall, where everyone in the facility gathered together. It was scary, and Spencer could notice the worry on my face. He firmly patted my back and motioned me over to a table in the far corner. He pointed to a seat in the corner, I took it.
“Where’s the food?” I questioned. Spencer found this highly amusing and chuckled.
“Soon Ryan- soon,” he took a seat across from me. “You don’t need to be worried here, Ryan. You know that, right?” I just nodded.
I avoided the gazes and stares I was getting from everyone. I just focused on those big blue eyes. Spencer was talking about something, I wasn’t sure what though. I wasn’t paying attention because Brendon happened to be sitting next to him. His hand on his chin, and his eyes glued to Spencer. He flicked his eyes to me and I quickly looked to my hands. When I looked back up, his bored expression was realized with a happy one. I was so far into thought; I neglected to notice someone had sat down next to me. Spencer apparently noticed to, stopping in mid sentence and turning to the person to my side.
“Hi Tawny.” He waved. I then looked to my side. There was a girl sitting next to me. I took a glance at her. She was truly lovely. Her eyes were like honey; her hair was bleached blond with a beanie on top.
“Hey Spencer,” Brendon perked up when she looked her way. He waved enthusiastically and she reached over and ran her hand viciously through his still wet hair, he then pushed it back into place. “Who’s this?” she asked, talking about me as if I wasn’t sitting right next to her.
“I’m Ryan,” I took the liberty to speak for myself.
“Why hello Ryan. I’m Tawny.” She said, putting her hand out at me. I grabbed it and shook it. I don’t like shaking people’s hands but it’s only polite. We were joined by Jon then, who snuck up behind Spencer and poked his neck.
“Fucking Christ Jon, how old are you exactly?” Spencer hissed.
“Exactly eighteen, five months, three days, two and half hours old,” Jon poked him again.
“I just love your early-morning sarcasm.” He swatted Jon away, but only for Jon to pop up on this other side, quickly pecked him on the check and retreat. It was actually quite comical watching Spencer freak out and almost fall off his chair. Brendon had his head down and was hitting the table, most likely doing one of his silent laughs.
‘Everyone’s so affectionate in this place…’ I silently thought to myself. We all eventually got our food, and one more person joined the table. Another girl who called Stella, she seemed more proper than all of us. She ate with manors, and even yelled at Tawny for swearing. I liked both of them a lot, actually. They seemed like pretty cool people. Stella had perfect teeth and brown long hair that passed her shoulder blades.
It’s the hot air getting to me; I think every ones got a thing for each other here. Jon was play-fighting with Spencer and he was pretending to get mad, and Tawny kept leaning over to Stella and twisting her hair.
I pushed myself through the day. I meet the woman, who is the supervisor for my cabin,
Her name is Miss Franks. She asked me a couple questions, and told me we were doing a weekly cabin 5 (my cabin) and cabin 6’s (Stella and Tawny’s cabin) session where they interview and have a group session with you; can’t wait.
Later that night I had the same recurring dream that I always had, in the dark with the fantasy mystery boy; his touch seemed a lot more familiar though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait but here it is!!
I know it's slow right now, but it'll pick up. Please stay tuned. Thank you all my commenters and sympothy for my dog. I appreate it and it means a lot to me. Thats to my subscribers to! I wish I knew who you all were though!
btw, Tawny and Stella are actually based off of these two girls I used to know.They were totally inseperateable, and winded up getting married :D
Kay, so sorry it's fillerish. Iwanted to introduce these two characters.