Sequel: Written in the Stars

Passion

Tryouts

I woke up the next day to the smell of pancakes and syrup. I quickly got changed and ran down stairs to see a stack of pancakes in the middle of the kitchen as I got closer I saw a small sticky note by them.

Cam, I had to run into the office early this morning, also I talked to your principle last night; you can try out for baseball. Good luck even though you don’t need it.
Love, Dad

I smiled and then grabbed a fork and started attacking the mountain of pancakes, when I finished I look at the time it was 6:30, I had to go, I grabbed my backpack and was out the door. When I got to the school, I walked to the gym to look for the baseball sign-up sheet was. Just my luck there was a bunch of upper classmen standing by the sheet. I took a deep breath and walk over there.

“What’s freshmeat doing over here?” One of them asked, he had dirty blond hair and a familiar set of blue eyes. I ignored them and walked to the sheet, I wrote my name down and turned to walk away, but was stopped by the same guy. “That’s a baseball sign up sheet, not cheerleading.” He told me, it took all my urge not to punch that ignorant son of a bitch.

“I know that dumb-ass, that’s why I wrote my name down.” I told him and tried to walk away but was yanked back.

“You’re a girl.” He told me

“Really? I haven’t noticed.” Sarcasm thick in my voice.

“You can’t try out for baseball.”

“I can do what ever the fuck I want, now get outta my way!” I yelled, he just smirked

“Good luck, princess.” He sneered

“Thanks ass-hole!” I yelled while walking out of the gym. When I turned the corner I ran into Carter.

“Hey Cam”

“Hey Carter, you going in to sign up for baseball?” I asked

“Yep.” He told me

I smiled “Good luck” I said and patted his chest, before I walked off.

***********

It took forever to get threw it today, I guess it was because I’m supper-duper excited today. When the day was finally over I ran to the girls locker room and got changed into my baseball pants, a par of long socks, and a tee-shirt. I ran out to the field and I was one of the first people there. Once everyone arrived I kept getting dirty looks, the coach told us to warm up and then meet at home. When we were throwing I was paired with Carter because no one else wanted to throw with me, then the guy with the blue eyes had to open his mouth, “You know if you wanted to sleep with me all you had to do was ask, you didn’t have to pretend you know how to play baseball.” Everyone laughed

“I wouldn’t want to sleep with someone that had more STD’s than I can count.” That seemed to shut him up. Carter was a little surprised that I can actually throw and catch without dropping the ball. When we were all warm we ran to home.
“All right, we want you all to go to ether short if your and infielder or center if you’re an outfielder.” The coach told us, I went to short, my infield skills are far better than my outfield. He was hitting grounders at us, pretty hard too. When it was my turn he hit them easy, and he did that all 3 times, when it was my 4th time up I was pissed. “HEY COACH!” I yelled before he hit it at me.

“Yes?” He asked slightly annoyed.

“Give me a challenge, please. This is too easy.” I told him, he smirked and a hard one to my left, I dove for it, got it and threw it from my knees, a perfect throw. The coaches smirk was long gone.

“Another!” He yelled. He hit one hard to my right, but I didn’t need to dive, I fielded it and another perfect throw, I smirked and the jaws that were on the ground. “Another!” He yelled. This went on for 20 minutes, I missed none. The coach finally called it quits and told us to pick the position we were most comfortable with, I walked to the pitching mound, along with blue eyes. I saw Carter go to first along with 2 other boys I didn’t know.

“Alright were going to scrimmage against each other.” Coach told us, I was hitting first, Carter was on my team. The Boys on my team, defiantly bench warmers told me to hit last. When I went to the batters box, blue eyes was smirking. He threw a perfect fast ball, but it wasn’t very fast, I hit it and it went deep into left field. I managed to get to second. The coach looked at me wide-eye, and so did most the boys.

“Nice hit Cam!” Carter yelled, I gave him 2 thumbs up. I scored soon after are team was winning 3 to 0. I went out to the pitchers mound, and was soon laughed at by half that team, I rolled my eyes. Blue eyes was up first. “Don’t blink.” I told him, I pitch my fast ball, and he didn’t even swing he stood there dumb-founded.

“Strike!” The coach yelled, I smirked. I Pitch another fast ball he was a few seconds behind the ball, and then I pitch a change-up, he missed again. Everyone gasped, I guess blue eyes doesn’t strike out often. He looked pissed, everyone looked at me in aw. I stroke-out the next 2 batters. We ended up winning the game 10-0. The other team, didn’t get one hit off of me, I smiled. “We will talk too you individually and let you know our decisions.” Coach announced. More and more people started to disappear. Soon I was the last one, both coaches walked in.

“Hello Camille.” They smilled

“Hello, but its just Cam.”

“Alright Cam, when you first tried out today we thought you tried out for attention from the boys,” One of the coaches told me “But you proved us wrong, you’re a great ball payer, but before we welcome you to this team, you must know that you will get a lot of crap from the boys on the team and other people in the school.” I nodded. “Are you up for that?” He asked me

“Born ready.” I smiled, and so did they.

“Well then Cam, congratulations you made varsity!” They told me, I smiled and thanked them, they told me practice starts tomorrow after school. “Oh, and Cam one more thing.”

“Yes?”

“You will not receive ‘special’ treatment, you will probably be pushed more than anyone on this team.”

I smirked “Yes sir.” I turned around and walked the other way with a permanent smirk on my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cam's School outfit