Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Positive

Murphy, Connor, Romeo, Paul, and Eunice were sitting around the kitchen table discussing what had happened while Eliza slept upstairs. "I have no idea who he could be," Eunice said, "I caught a glimpse of his face, but I didn't recognize him."

"I wonder if he's after us, or Eliza," Murphy said.

"I doubt it would be Eliza. I don't see how anyone could know she's here. She didn't put a return address on her letter to her mom, and even if she had of, why would her mom want her dead?" Connor said.

"Yeah, but isn't her mom's girlfriend Tommy's sister?"

"You don't think she'd-"

Eunice was cut off by Paul, "If Tommy told her anything about coming here, then it's possible."

"I guess we have to start being extra-careful again," Murphy said, "Eliza's not going into town until we know who this guy is and why he's here."

"And get rid of him," Romeo added. "Regardless of who he's actually after, he shot Eliza. He's targeting one of us, maybe even all of us."

Paul nodded, "I agree. Eliza should be kept here until this is over."

A few minutes later Eliza walked into the room. Her eyelids drooped from still being tired and her hair was a mess. "How's your arm?" Murphy asked.

"It hurts."

Eunice stood up, "You've bled through the bandage, let's go change it." Eunice practically dragged Eliza to the bathroom. Once the door was shut Eunice asked, "Where are the tests?"

"In my purse."

"You need to take it."

Eliza sighed, she was dreading taking the test. She went to her room and grabbed one out of the purse then returned to the bathroom. After pushing Eunice out the door she took a deep breath and did what she needed to do. While she waited she let Eunice back into the bathroom to change the bandages on her arm. When the two minutes were up Eliza reached for the test, then stopped. "I can't do it. You look!"

Eunice rolled her eyes and flipped the test over. Eliza watched Eunice's reflection in the mirror as she looked at the result.

"Well?"

"Positive."

"You're lying!"

"No I'm not, look." She handed Eliza the stick and there was a little blue plus sign. Eliza closed her eyes and fought away the tears. She wasn't ready to be pregnant yet.

"Maybe this one is wrong. Maybe it's a false positive."

"That's why we bought two. Take the other one."

"I can't right now. I will after dinner. Don't say anything yet, not until we know for sure."

"I won't say a word."

Eliza hugged Eunice and hid the pregnancy test before they walked back downstairs.