Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Mixed Results

Eliza sat on the counter eating M&Ms while Eunice cooked dinner. "You're going to spoil your appetite," Eunice said.

Eliza shrugged, "I can't help it. M&Ms are my weakness....Plus, they're helping me keep my mind off of my problem. What am I going to do if I'm pregnant? I don't have insurance anymore, and there's a maniac after us, so I can't leave even if I did have insurance."

"The test was positive, and you'll just have to have it the old fashioned way."

Eliza shook her head, "NO! I can't handle pain. Besides, I only took one test. The other one might be negative."

"Even if it does come up negative, it doesn't change the fact that the first test was positive, and we'll still be in the same boat we're in right now."

Eliza frowned but didn't say anything.

"I have to take the casserole out of the oven, get out of here before you find a way to burn yourself."

Eliza hopped down off the counter and walked into the other room.

Throughout dinner she picked at her food. She had too many things on her mind to worry about eating. "Why aren't you eating?" Murphy asked.

She shrugged, "I guess I'm just not hungry."

"You need to eat," Eunice said.

Eliza scowled at her and said, "I'll eat later if I get hungry." She stood up and as she carried her plate into the kitchen she said, "I'm going to take a bath."

On her way to the stairs Murphy stopped her, "Do you want some company tonight?" A sexy, seductive smile was spread across his lips.

Eliza shook her head, "Not tonight...Maybe later." She stood on tiptoe and gave him a quick kiss before heading upstairs to the bathroom. She took the second test and while she waited she turned the hot water all the way on and waited for it to warm up before putting the stopper in the tub. As she was pouring the bubble bath into the water there was a knock on the door. She pulled it open to see Eunice standing there.

"Have you taken the test yet?"

Eliza nodded.

"Well?"

"I don't know, I haven't looked at it yet."

Eunice picked it up.

"Well?"

"Negative."

Eliza gave a sigh of relief and leaned back against the wall.

"I don't know why you're smiling. This one could be wrong."

"It can't be wrong. I won't allow it to be wrong!"

Eunice chuckled, "Regardless as to which one is wrong, you need to tell Murphy you might be pregnant."

Eliza rolled her eyes, "I will after my bath."

Eunice shook her head and left the room. Eliza undressed and stepped into the tub. She sighed as she sat in the water. She took three deep breaths then slipped beneath the surface to clear her mind.

Eliza sat in the water until it turned cold. Then she pulled the stopper out and pulled her nightgown on. She quickly brushed her hair and went to her bedroom. Murphy was laying on the bed asleep with the lamp on. He had fallen asleep waiting for her. She smiled and sat her brush down on the dresser before walking over to her bed to wake him up.