Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Idiot

"I'm impressed," Paul said after swallowing a mouthful of pancake, "you didn't injure yourself in any way while cooking."

Eliza smiled, "All it takes is people leaving me alone when I'm in the kitchen."

"I didn't know you were such a good cook," Eunice told her. "You should cook more."

"Did you see all those desserts she made though?" Connor asked. "I think she's secretly a witch trying to fatten us all up so she can eat us."

Eliza's jaw dropped and an appalled expression fell over her face, "You're so mean, why would you think that?"

"I'm just joking," he said, playfully hitting her arm.

"Ow! You stupid idiot, that's where I got shot!" She clutched her arm where there was now a throbbing pain.

"I'm sorry. I forgot."

"How could you forget?"

"You have so many bandages covering your body from burns, I forgot that wasn't a burn."

Eliza rolled her eyes, "One day I'm going to beat you up. And it'll be when you least expect it, that way I'll have the upper hand."

"I get the feeling you have a very violent side to you that you keep locked up."

"Maybe."

Connor shook his head and continued eating while Eliza got up and took her plate into the kitchen. Murphy followed after her, "Are you okay?" he asked.

She nodded. "So...what are we doing today?"

"You are staying here with Paul and the rest of us are going into town to see if we can find the guy that attacked you and Eunice."

"I don't want you to go," she told him.

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her close and said, "That's just too bad. We have to find this guy, find out why he's after us, and get rid of him. That way you and I can have a life together." He placed one hand over her belly and said, "So that we can have a family. As big or little as you want."

She smiled and threw her arms around his neck, standing on tiptoe, she kissed him. It was a soft, lingering kiss. Eliza pulled away and looked into his eyes, "Be careful. Don't make me worry about you," she whispered.

He placed one hand on the back of her head and said, "You have absolutely nothing to worry about." He leaned down and quickly kissed her before going upstairs to get ready to leave.

Eliza started washing the dishes. Romeo, Murphy, and Eunice were standing outside by her SUV waiting for Connor. Eliza could see them through the open window that was over the sink and she smiled. When Connor came outside Murphy seen the rope that was slung over his shoulder. "You've got to be fuckin' kiddin' me," Murphy said.

"It might come in handy," Connor said. "It's has before, and it's worked both times."

"Pure luck!"

Connor tossed it in the back of the SUV and shut the hatch. "Well, maybe it'll be lucky this time too."

Eliza chuckled as she watched them.