Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Muffins

"What makes you think I'm going to tell you people anything?" Desmond asked.

"For one," Murphy replied, "You're outnumbered. Two, you're the one with guns pointed at your head. Start talkin'."

"You must not know who I am, which is funny, 'cause I know who you are. You're the saints."

"So that's why you're after us?"

Desmond grinned and laughed, showing all his teeth. They were perfect and white. When he stopped laughing he shook his head, "Nah, it's the other girl I'm after, you're just bonus."

"Why are you after Eliza?" Eunice asked.

"I was hired."

"Who hired you?"

"Why should I tell you that?"

"Listen," Connor said, "when we leave, you're going to be dead, so you might as well just save us some time, and tell us who hired you."

Desmond shook his head, "I don't think so. You see, if anyone is gonna be killin' anyone, it's gonna be-" He was cut off by Murphy kicking him in the stomach. Desmond doubled over in pain and Murphy hit him on the back with the butt of his gun, knocking Desmond to the floor. He hovered over him, hand on his throat.

"Who the fuck sent you after Eliza?"

Desmond's only reply was laughter so Murphy punched him. The crack of bone was heard. Murphy had broken Desmond's nose and blood trickled down his face. Desmond continued laughing.

"Who sent you?"

Desmond spit at him and Murphy hit him again. He tightened his grip on Desmond's throat, chocking him. Murphy continued asking him for the name of who had hired Desmond, but Desmond refused to reply, eventually passing out from lack of oxygen. Connor used his rope to tie him up so that they could sit there with him until he woke up. They weren't leaving until they had answers. As Connor knotted the rope he said, "Told ya my rope might come in handy."

Murphy rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eliza screamed as loud as she could and when she stopped Paul asked, "What the fuck was that for?"

"I'm bored, and I was trying to see how loud I could scream."

"Well, find something to do that isn't going to give me a headache."

Eliza rolled her eyes and leaned back against the couch. "There's nothing to do. I've already baked everything I could think of that we had the ingredients for. I've cleaned every inch of the house....there's nothing left to do."

Paul ignored her. All she had done for three hours straight was complain about being bored. Finally she got up and headed for the kitchen. "What are you doing now?" he asked.

"Muffins. I haven't baked any muffins yet."

She walked into the kitchen and flipped the light on. Eliza walked over to the sink to wash her hands when she seen Eunice's black SUV pull up to the house.

"THEY'RE BACK!" she squealed. She ran outside the same time Murphy shut the door to the vehicle and she ran to him, jumping into his arms. He held her close to him. "I was so bored without you here."

"Just bored? You're weren't worried or concerned?"

She smiled, "I was, but I knew you'd be okay." She pressed her lips to his.