Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Plan

They took advantage of the time Eliza spent in the shower to discuss what had happened with Paul and make a plan. "I want Eliza to know as little about this as possible," Paul said after Murphy told him who had sent Desmond after Eliza. "Don't lie to her if she asks, but don't offer her any information either."

"I'm still shocked it was her mother's girlfriend who hired him," Romeo said.

"It was her brother that Eliza killed though," Eunice reminded him.

"What are we going to do though?" Murphy asked. "We can't just sit around here waiting for her to hire another assassin."

"Eliza nearly drove me insane today," Paul said. "You find Antonia, and you put an end to this."

"We're not really in the habit of killing women though," Connor said.

"Then I'll do it. Anything it takes to protect my daughter." There was a long pause while Paul sat and thought. "You two," he pointed at Romeo and Eunice, "can stay here and take care of Eliza." He looked at Connor and Murphy, "and you two will go with me to Orlando."

They came up with the perfect plan just moments before Eliza entered the room. She sat down on the couch next to Murphy and curled up next to him. He put his arm around her and she asked, "So, we're safe now, right?"

Murphy glanced at Paul and Paul raised one eyebrow, waiting to see what Murphy would say. "Yeah," he said, looking down at Eliza. "We're safe. Um...Connor, Paul, and I are going to have to go to the States for a couple of days though. There's some business we need to take care of."

"I'm coming with you."

"No," Murphy shook his head. "You need to stay here. You're still wanted by police, remember?"

"Yeah, but so are all of you."

"Just stay here and keep out of trouble, for me."

Eliza nodded and Murphy kissed her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eliza sat on the middle of the bed watching Murphy pack his bag. He'd leave tomorrow, and Eliza would worry about him the entire time he would be gone. "Murphy, will you go get me a glass of water?" she asked.

"Anything you want," he told her before leaving the room. She stood up and walked over to the dresser where her music box sat. She ran her thumb over the gold trim that had been designed to look like coral before opening it, letting the music fill the room. She read the words engraved on the inside of the lid and smiled. When Murphy returned with the water she took the glass from him. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Eliza nodded, "I'm fine. I'm just going to worry about you while you're gone."

"There's no need to worry, I'll be okay."

She smiled and sat the glass down on the dresser. She wrapped her arms around him and closed her eyes. Murphy wrapped his arms around her and held her close. "I'm going to miss you," she whispered.

"I'll be back before you have time to miss me."

She smiled and looked up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He leaned down and kissed her. She let her hands slide up his chest and around his neck and he picked her up. He carried her over to the bed and sat her down before pulling his shirt off. He tossed it to the floor, then did the same with her nightgown. He undone his jeans and let them fall to the floor before climbing onto the bed and kissing every inch of her exposed skin. Eliza held him close while they made love, not wanting to let go of him.