Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Pictures

Kaitlyn sat at the table with Paul, Connor, and Murphy waiting for Antonia to get home. She had dug out old photo albums filled with pictures of Eliza for them to look at while they waited. "How old was she here?" Connor asked, tapping a picture of Eliza where her long, curly hair was frizzier than usual and she had on a pair of thick black-framed glasses.

"Um.....I'm not sure. Thirteen I think. She was in......eighth grade."

"No wonder she never had a boyfriend before," he laughed. "She was a nerd."

"Shut up!" Murphy said.

"It's true, look!"

Kaitlyn smiled and turned the page, "This picture was taken a month later." Eliza was standing in the living room wearing a long, dark blue dress that sparkled. Her hair was smoothed back and tied in a bun. She wasn't wearing glasses and she had on very little make up.

"She looked beautiful," Paul said.

Kaitlyn smiled, "It was the eighth grade formal...all the boys were asking her out afterwards, but she kept turning them down." There was a pause while Kaitlyn stared at the picture. "I guess you could say she...blossomed that summer. She really grew into her looks, and lost all her 'nerdiness'." Kaitlyn heard a key in the lock of the front door. "Sounds like Antonia's home," she said, standing up.

"Kaitlyn, I noticed the car in the drive way, who's here?"

Kaitlyn walked into the living room, the others stayed in the kitchen. "Some friends," she said. "Tell me, is it true you hired an assassin to kill my Lizzy?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't lie to me! I talked to Eliza today, and she told me about why she left."

"She killed my brother."

"She's my daughter. If you loved me, you wouldn't of done that. I want you to pack your things, and get out of my house. I never want to see you again."

"Kaitlyn, you don't mean-"

"Get your things and get out!"

"Alright," Antonia nodded. "I'll leave." She walked into the bedroom and started packing a suitcase. Kaitlyn walked back into the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Paul asked.

Kaitlyn nodded, "I'm fine."

They waited until after Antonia left to leave. There was no need to kill her there in front of Kaitlyn, it would just cause trouble. And as long as they knew where she went, they wouldn't have a problem. Kaitlyn hugged the three and said, "Please bring Eliza back to see me soon. Or at least tell me where she is as soon as it's safe so I can come see her."

"Of course," Paul smiled.

Kaitlyn turned to Murphy, "When you marry her, I better be there. And if you ever break her heart, I'll break you."

Murphy smiled, "You don't have to worry about that."

"So that's where Eliza gets her violent side from," Connor said.

Kaitlyn smiled and the three men left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eliza and Romeo sat in the kitchen with Eunice while she cooked dinner. "That smells awful," she complained about the lasagna.

"Then go away."

"I'm going to be sick again."

"Then go away!"

Eliza got up and walked upstairs to the bathroom. "Is she okay?" Romeo asked, still unaware of Eliza's pregnancy.

Eunice smiled, "She'll be fine."

When Eliza returned she asked, "So why are they in Orlando?"

Eunice sighed and turned to face her, "The assassin was hired by Antonia to kill you. We all felt it was safer for you if she was.....eliminated."

Eliza didn't say anything as she thought about.

"Are you okay?"

Eliza nodded, "Of course. If she'd hire one person to kill me, what would stop her from hiring another? They're just trying to protect me." She placed her hand over her stomach and thought, They're just trying to protect us. "Besides, I never liked Antonia much anyways." She smiled and Eunice knew she was being sincere.