Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Jump

Eliza kicked her feet back and forth and closed her eyes against the wind. Smiling, she sighed as the wind blew her hair around, tangling it. Murphy stood up against the tree, one leg crossed over his ankle. "You know, if you swing any higher, you're going to end up swinging over the branch," he told her.

"I don't care," she said, her eyes still closed.

He chuckled, "Since when did you become so careless?"

"I guess it's just an effect you have on me."

He smiled and watched her.

"I remember when I was a kid, at school my friends and I would swing as high as we could, and then when we couldn't get any higher, we'd jump from the swing."

"Weren't you ever scared?"

Eliza shook her head, "No. I was fearless until I turned eight."

He laughed and she opened her eyes.

"If I jump, will you catch me?"

"I'll try. I can't make any promises."

She grinned and stopped kicking her legs, causing the swing to start slowing down. When the swing stopped she got off of it and walked over to Murphy, "You didn't catch me," she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"You didn't jump."

She smiled and he leaned down, kissing her. She moaned against his lips and he put his hands on her hips. They were interrupted by Romeo walking outside and yelling, "Okay lovebirds, keep it in your pants and come inside for dinner!"

Eliza and Murphy broke the kiss and started to walk towards the house. They each had one arm around the other one. Things were perfect, they had been for two months. Two months since Eliza had shot and killed Tommy Nichols. There were moments when she missed Orlando and her mom, but she was with her 'family', and she wouldn't trade it for the world.

Despite that the only person she was even related to was her father, the others were still like family to her. She could share secrets and have girl talk with Eunice. Connor and Romeo were like brothers, protecting her and looking out for her, and of course, there was the occasional teasing and tormenting between her and Connor. And she loved Murphy more than she could have ever imagined loving anyone, she even hoped that one day they would get married. Which, even if they didn't, it wouldn't bother her as long as he was always at her side.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this was just to kind of get things flowing. I have quite a few things planned for this story, and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as the prequel. Constructive criticism is welcome (as well as compliments).