Status: Complete

Run on for a Long Time

Shot

It wasn't long after they left town before a bullet hit the back window of the SUV. Eliza screamed and Eunice glanced back as another bullet hit the window. Eliza screamed again and Eunice said, "Stop screaming and listen to me."

Eliza nodded.

"There's a gun in the glove box, get it out."

Eliza nodded again and opened the little compartment under the dashboard. She seen the small handgun and pulled it out.

"Open your window, and start firing. Aim for his head or his tires."

"Okay." Eliza took a deep breath and rolled her window down. Then she took her seat belt off and maneuvered herself so that she was sitting on the window sill. The wind blew her hair back, and made it difficult for her to see, but she aimed and pulled the trigger anyways. Another bullet whizzed by, this time it had been aimed directly at her. She screamed.

"What's happening?"

"He's shooting right at me!" Eliza shouted while firing another bullet at the car behind them. Another bullet came towards her. She didn't realize it until it hit her in the arm, "FUCK!" she screamed from the pain.

As Eliza sat back down Eunice glanced at her arm.

"He shot me!"

"Give me the gun, you take the wheel."

Eliza did as she was told and Eunice pulled her seat belt off and lowered her window. She aimed the gun and fired. The bullet hit one of the tires, busting it. Their attacker lost control of his car and wrecked in a ditch on the side of the road. Eunice put her seat belt back on and rolled up the window. Handing Eliza the gun, she retook control of the car. Eliza put the gun away and looked down at her bleeding arm. She glanced up at Eunice and said, "Told you there was someone following us."

When they pulled up to the house Murphy, Connor, and Romeo came outside to help carry the groceries in. As soon as they seen Eliza's arm and the condition of the SUV Murphy asked, "What the hell happened?"

"What does it look like? I've been shot!" She was ushered inside and sat down at the bar in the kitchen. "The bullet is still in there. I can feel it."

"We're going to have to get it out," Paul said, grabbing one of the smaller steak knives. They used Murphy's belt as a tourniquet, and Eunice grabbed the rubbing alcohol, some rags, gauze, and a wooden spoon.

"Bite down on this," she said, handing Eliza the spoon.

Eliza did as she was told and Murphy stood behind her, his arms around her in an attempt to comfort her. She clenched her teeth against the spoon and squeezed her eyes shut as the bullet was dug out of her arm. When it was over Eliza felt as if she was going to pass out. She stared up at Murphy while Eunice stitched her arm up, then wrapped her right bicep in gauze. Eliza glanced at her other injuries that had been wrapped in gauze, and weren't healed yet. "I look like a mummy," she muttered, then looked up at Murphy. "Don't touch me or I'll place the curse of the mummy on you!" Eliza chuckled.

Murphy asked, "And what happens if I get the curse put on me?"

"You'll be my slave forever and ever."

"I'm fine with that." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

"Romeo, Murphy's been cursed. We have to kill Eliza. You hold her down and I'll get the machete."

Eliza stared at Connor, pretending to be hurt by his joke. "You're mean."

"I'm only joking," he said hugging her, "I'm glad you're okay."

She smiled. "I need a nap now."