Status: the maine FTW!

Beauty in the Unspoken

Under The Arizona Sun

We sat along the edge of the pool at my parents’ house, our feet dipping in and out of the pool. The heat radiated off our skin, burning us I'm sure. John, Pat, Garret and I thought it was a good idea to spend the day just relaxing. We've been so busy connecting with family and old friends that we haven't had the time to actually sit and hang out.

Garret was picking at his guitar, playing around with some chords and John was singing quietly to himself next him. Pat and me sat next to each other in silence, listening to John and Garrett.

"So, whens your next tour?" I ask Pat.

Pat shrugged, "Fall I think, maybe a few guest appearances here and there if bands playing in the area ask us to. Ya know?" he said.

"Hey Pat," Garrett called. Pat looked up at him, "Ready to go see Jared?" pat nodded and they both stood up. I hugged them both goodbye before returning to John.

"I feel like we haven't spent much time together," John said as I sat down on the white chairs.

"I know, I've missed my love bug," I jokingly said with a smile.

"Why are we not dating yet?" John said between his teeth as he eyed me up and down. My black bikini shiny as the sun reflected off its material.

"It's cause I'm way to good for you," I said as I bit my lip and pulled my sunglasses down from on top of my head. I laid down on the lounge chair and watched John from the corner of my eye.

"You're right you are Anna," John said biting the corner of his lip, "You're right you are." I watched as John stared at me not knowing I was watching when the glass door slid open and out stepped Kennedy.

"Hey John!" he called, "Can I talk to you in here for a minute?"

John looked at me and then back at the door before getting up and walking over.

JOHNS POV

I closed the glass door behind me as I stepped into the air-conditioned house. Kennedy was smiling, a very big smile.

"What’s got you so happy?" I asked.

"I kissed her," he said punching my shoulder.

"You kissed who?" I asked.

"Aurora, who else. I finally got the guts to kiss her!" he said excitedly.

"What are you gonna do about Garrett?"

"Yeah, about that, don't tell him, please. I don't want drama in the band you know?"

I nodded slowly as I looked out the door at Anna, her sunglasses pulled over her eyes, her white ear buds plugged in. Her toes tapped to the beat as she listened to whatever song was playing.

"It's your turn," Kennedy said to me. I turned my head away from the window and. looked at Kennedy, my eyebrow raised. "Oh come on, John. We all know you love each other just go for it. I mean look at her. She's hot, and that body, come on man-"

"Hey, she's more than that," i say before looking back at her. She was now standing up, stretching herself out. Her sunglasses were off her face and tossed onto the chair. She smiled and bent her fingers in a wave. I waved back before she walked out of view. "She isn't just another girl. She's THE girl, I've never felt this way about a girl before but you know my life style, you know how I am on tour. I can't hurt her. I won't hurt her."

"Just go for it. If she loves you as much as you love her, then you couldn't hurt her," he tells me, his hand on my shoulder. "Look I gotta go help Jared move some stuff, call me later okay?"

I nodded once before Kennedy walked away. I went back out to the pool and looked around for Anna but I couldn't find her. "Anna?" I called and she didn't answer. I walked to the deep end of the pool, looking into the water. Where could she be?

"Hi!" I heard Anna yell from behind me. I jumped and turned around, meeting her smiling face. She was a silhouette against the falling sun, it barely visible in the horizon now. Just a few more minutes and it would be gone completely. I gave her a sideways grin, a devilish grin if you will. "Oh no," she said, about to run away but I was too quick, I grabbed her by the waist pulling her into me. She let out a girlish yelp, "John! Don't do it! Please don't do it! I'll do whatever you want!"

"Whatever I want?" I ask. She nodded. I turned her around, so she faced me. My hands on her hips. "Alright, if you give me a kiss I'll let you go"

"A kiss? That's all you want?" she asks me. I nod. "Alright," she shrugged and kissed me on the cheek. I picked her up my her waist and tossed her into the pool. She screamed and I laughed as she hit the water. "John! I thought you said if I gave you a kiss you wouldn't-"

"Yes," I said. "But I never said on the cheek." I smiled.

"You're such an ass John." she said. "Can you at least help me out of the water?" she asked holding out her hand to me. I sighed and grabbed her hand, with a smile she pulled on my hand as hard as she could, flipping me into the water. I came up for air as Anna laughed at me. I cupped my hands under the water, splashing her several times. She let out a yell and blocked her face, closing her eyes tightly. "Okay! You win stop it!" he yelled.

"I didn't win yet," I say as she looks back at me. I get closer to her, backing her into the side of the pool. I rest me hands on her tan hips, lifting her up. She wraps her legs around me waist, her around my neck. I eye her up and down, going over every curve and inch of skin. "You're so perfect," I whisper. I bring my face closer to hers, slowly. She closes her eyes as do I, I can feel her breath warm against my lips. I brush my lips gently against her.

this is it, I say to myself. just kiss her

Just as I'm about to close the small gap between us the back door opens. "Hey Anna-" we both jump, looking over at the doorway. "I'm totally interrupting something sorry," Aurora says.

Anna jumps down from me and I take a step away. "What do you want Rora?" she asks.

"Uh, I was just checking to see if you were going out to dinner with everyone later."

Anna looked at me then looked back at Aurora. "Yeah, I'll um, I'll be right there." she says and aurora nods before closing the back door.

"I should probably head home, get ready for later." I say, itching the back of my neck awkwardly.

Anna nods, "Yeah, um, do you want me to pick you up or something or.....?"

"No, I'll just go over with Kennedy."

Anna nods and without another word gets out of the pool. She grabs her towel, and the stuff from off the chair before heading inside.

fuck my life
♠ ♠ ♠
AAHHH sorry its soooo bad and looks like it was written by a 9 year old. I typed this up in like an hour because i spent the day talking to my sister whom i ha vent talked to in like 7 months. so it sucks yes. is it n update yes.
I'm gonna go eat my maltesers.
biiezzzz
comment//subscribe//MALTESERS FTW!
-Zelda