‹ Prequel: Look at Us
Sequel: First Comes Love

Thanksgiving Tradition

1/1

Thanksgiving was always my favorite time of the year. Turkey, pumpkin pie, stuffing, and many other things. One of the things I liked about Thanksgiving was the football. Here with the guys, Hayley, and Emily we always play football. It's a Thanksgiving tradition. 

“Stop and listen to me," Hayley said to Matt from the kitchen, “cut it like this, not with the other side of the blade. We don't need any fingers in our food." 

I couldn't help but laugh. Matt popped his head out of the kitchen and flipped me off. “Stop fucking laughing at me! I'd like to see you try."

More laughter bubbled up and seeped from my mouth. My stomach hurt from laughing so much. Brian eyed me from his spot in the lazy boy recliner so I sent him one of my signature dimpled smiles. “Mr. Haner, how has your Thanksgiving been so far?" I asked leaning back into the couch.

“S'been fine," he shrugged and sipped his beer. “Well if Hayley would fucking hurry up with the food. I'm damn hungry!" He yelled toward the kitchen. 

Hayley groaned from the kitchen and stuck her head around the corner. “Fuck you Brian. We can only go so damn fast! I don't see you in here trying to make stupid salad and mashed potatoes! Your sitting on your ass watching fucking football!" She said. She's so lovely isn't she? She learned to cuss from her great uncle that was a sailor; so now she cusses like a sailor.

Brian scoffs and rolls his dark brown eyes. “I'd rather be sitting on my ass watching sweaty guys plow down each other then be sweaty while watching a big fat bird bake in the oven."

She snorts and sends me a look that cleary said ‘you-seriously-like-this-guy'. I shrugged and lick my lips turning my attention to Jimmy who had just jumped up while dropping Emily on the couch. “Time for football! Girls go change. Guys get your asses up and to the backyard! Vamanos!" He said loudly. He's been on a spanish speaking kick these last two weeks. He's been watching Dora. 

Us three girls made our way upstairs and got changed. Some of Hayley's jean shorts, her old vnecks, and some of her old shoes. I had on some of her Vans, Emily had on some of her knee high Converse, and Hayley had on her colorful high Nike Dunks. That girl has every shoe known to man. I'm surprised Matt has enough room in their closet for his stuff. 

“Are we going to kick use our sexiness to distract them or what?" Emily asked pulling her hair up into a messy ponytail. Hayley giggled and nodded her head before pulling her hair up. “That's if they let us be on our own team."

When we got to the backyard the guys were standing over to the side of the yard. Matt and Hayley had a huge backyard so there was enough room to play football. I pulled my hair up into a bun as we stood by the guys. They all still had on their jeans and band shirts. Why did we have to change? Who knows with them.  

“I call first captain," Matt said slipping on his aviators while walking to stand infront of us. Jimmy waved his hand around. “Second captain bitches!" He stood by Matt, his eyes filled with excitement.

Matt looked over the six of us. “Zacky." 

“Um.  .  .Brian!" 

“Guys would pick guys first," Emily snorted.  

“Bros before hoes babe." Matt sent Hayley a smirk after he said that. Hayley gasped looking at him. “Matthew Charles Sanders! Just for that your not getting any of this for atleast four days," she said motioning to herself. 

Zacky barked a laugh. “Dude I hope you've got enough lotion to satisfy your needs." I can not believe he just said that. Matt landed a punch on his shoulder and mumbled something under his breath.

“Hayley." She smiled triumphantly and walked over by him and Zacky. 

“Emily my love," Jimmy said with a hand to his heart. Emily walked over to him and kissed his cheek. They have got to be the most odd couple. He's so tall and she's so short, only standing at five foot four. Matt and Hayley are kinda like that but Hayley's five foot six so they don't look that odd.

“KayKay." Damn. I'm not on Brian's team. But with Matt we'll more then likely win. 

“I guess we get short shit," Jimmy said with a sigh. He sounds so happy to have him on his team.  .  .note the sarcasm. Matt and Zacky draw a fifty yard. I was chosen as the center for some reason, so I had to pitch the ball to Zacky. 

I bend down and hear someone whistle. “Mighty fine ass, Kay!" Of course it was Brian. 

I stand up and stick my tongue out at him, and bend back down. Everyone gets in their places and ready for me to hike the ball. “Down, set, HIKE!" Zacky yelled and I threw the ball to him. He threw it to Hayley who scored a touchdown. 

“Fuck on that!" I yelled, “We got a touchdown." Hayley did a little touchdown dance causing Matt to chuckle.

“We're still gonna win. We're only down by six," Brian stated in a cocky tone. My eyes rolled and I licked my lips. “Yeah. But we're up by six." 

We had been playing for ten minutes and we were winning. They had thirty while we had twenty four. Just one more touchdown for us and we'd be tied. If we lost they would never let us live it down. 

“Ok, you remember on the movie The Longest Yard how they practiced in the mud and threw the ball around?" Hayley asked in our huddle. We all nodded. “Well that's what we're gonna do. Whenever one of them gets close to you throw it to whichever one of us is closest to you." 

“Got it Miss Bossy," Matt mumbled. She slapped him in his stomach before we all got in our spots. 

“Down, set, HIKE!" Zacky caught the ball when I threw it to him. Johnny dove and got Zacky but he threw the ball to Hayley who caught it and started running. Emily started after her but before she of to her Hayley threw the ball to me. I caught it with ease and took off. 

When I was about two feet away from the endzone I feel arms wrap around my waist and myself being pulled down to the grass. I scream on instinct, clutching the ball tighter to my chest.

Once I was on the ground I opened my eyes to see Brian smirking down at me.

“You tackled a girl! Brian, how could you?!" I gasped feigning shock. He shrugged. “I saw a chance, so I took it. You were open, so I tackled you. No justification needed." 

I squirmed underneath him. “Can you get your fat ass off of me now?" 

“I will, but first I need to ask you something," he said. I raise my eyebrows and he grins.

“A little birdie told me you like me as more then a friend. Is that true?" He asked staring at me with his dark chocolate eyes. His arms were still pinning me down so I couldn't get up.  

I'm gonna kill Hayley!

“You told him?!" I move so I could see Hayley. 

She smiled sheepishly. “He bribed me with a shit load of Mikes, Eggo waffles, Monster, and Skittles! Blame him, you know those are my weaknesses!"

“Say I did like you as more then a friend," I asked, “What would you do?" 

He smiles down at me softly. “This." 

He dipped his head down and placed his soft lips on mine. I breathed in sharply as he pressed his lips to mine. My heart was racing rapidly now as he parted his lips, moving them against my own passionately. I sighed softly letting myself into the kiss and ran my hand over his cheek, across his ear into his hair gripping a fist full.  When he pulled back, I was grinning like a fucking idiot. But I didn’t care, because Brisn was grinning stupidly right back.

“I think that's a new Thanksgiving tradition." I think he's right.                            
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaylee this was the surprise!! I hope you like it. Peace, love, blue monster!

Song of the day: When You're Young by 3 Doors Down