Status: a new story. stick with us!

Secrets

Not Alone

Katherine Bear's p.o.v

I choked up even more into the toilet. I didn't even eat anything bad it was just that stupid evolution thing that was happening to me. Evolving into a super human or what not. Did superman go through any of this? What the hell am I talking about...the man is fake. Fake people fake their symptoms and last time I checked? I wasn't the fake one in this battle. I looked myself in the mirror. I looked horrible, but I couldn't just lie down like a normal sick person would do. I had to go see Doctor Hawkins and might I add...the pressure was totally on since Liam was going to. Or so I hoped. I just wanna show them what I'm going through and get on with my life.

I tied my hair into a pony tail and dabbed my eyes with a lot of makeup since I haven't been sleeping properly. I jumped into sweats and a shirt and grabbed my keys before walking out the door quickly. Mom called out to me but I said nothing as I jumped in the and revved the rest of the way to the hospital. The whole time my mind was racing...what would Liam think? I know he could just throw it away into the back of his mind, but he would never forget it. Would I really want him to see what I'm really turning into? That's horrible! Cruel and unsophisticated of me! I'm a good friend and I do love him, but this? This thing that I'm turning into? God knows if I'm just gonna grow four more legs and become some lizard monster in the swamp in Africa or something. I was really panicking. To the point where I couldn't breath and had to take deep breaths. To the point where my hands were so sweaty that I made it harder for me to steer the wheel.

I turned and pulled up into the hospital parking lot. I sighed and sat in the car as it was chilly and cold outside but warm and nice inside. I starred straight. I saw Liam's car right across from mine and I became even more nervous than I already was. I couldn't help myself to burst out into tears. It was like I came to my own planned funeral. What if something happened? What if something happened to Nikki or Liam? I'd never be able to forgive myself if I hurt them all by accident. I took another deep breath, "Come on you damn bitch. Get up and go in there. Nothing bad can happen to you. Look at yourself in the mirror...look at how weak you've become...now get up." I propped myself up, "Open the door." I opened it as it creaked to a halt, "And get out." I put one foot out and fell out of the car, standing upright. My frame shaking violently...but I was past nervous now. I was petrified.

___

Liam Nelson's p.o.v

I sat in Doctor Hawkins office waiting patiently, "So...what's going on?" I asked for the millionth time. She looked over at me, man was she hot. She wasn't that old just like 2O something of course. She noticed me checking her out and she raised her eyebrows. I looked at her face waiting for the answer, "Um...long story which hopefully we can get down in an hour or so?" I nodded, "So...how old are you?" I asked, "27 and I have a boyfriend." She smiled at me. I laughed, "I wasn't going to pick you up or anything I just asked." She nodded, "Right, and by the way you were looking at me? That's the first way my boyfriend looked at me. It just...yea funny memories which you do not need to know about child. Anyway, I think your friend is on the way." I nodded when I saw the door rattle and it opened completely. My jaw dropped as she walked in. Katherine looked horrible, like she got sicker over night.

"Oh goodness." Doctor Hawkins rushed over to her and placed the back of her hand to her forehead, "Your not feverish." She said, "I know I know, it's just...been a while since I could sleep and eat properly." I got up and walked over to her as she stumbled into me. I grasped her by the waist and helped her to where I was sitting. Doctor Hawkins ran to get some doctor things of course which I had no clue of. I stroked Kathy's hair, "You okay?" I asked her, "Yea." She responded shaking in my arms, "Ugh, just the fact that I look ugly..." She laughed slightly trying to ease up tension, "You look beautiful like you always do." I whispered as she turned to look up at me. I looked down at her and it was true. She was beautiful. Her eyes sparkled up into mine and I wish I could just...kiss her. I was about to be drawn in when Doctor Hawkins came back. Darn that model doctor.

"Okay, tell me about your symptoms." Doctor Hawkins said softly bringing a seat over, "Why doesn't it matter Nikki? Look at me, does it look like I'll get any better? And besides. You said you wanted to talk so you talk." Kathy snapped at her. Nikki sighed, "Well...can I observe how you 'heal'?" Doctor Hawkins asked as I looked at Kathy, "Why would you want to observe-" Doctor Hawkins cut her off, "Because I want to see if I can do the same!" She shouted. Kathy and I flinched as her voice was hard and evil. She sighed and looked away, "What do you mean doc?" I asked stunned, "I mean that I've been having similar symptoms." Kathy cried with joy, "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, "Because we were in public and besides...I heard a lot of weird things are going on with the government and experimenting on people. I'm not going to say something in public or to some patient I had before." Kathy laughed, "You know I can be lying." Nikki shook her head, "You suck at lying. I can tell."

___

Katherine Bear's p.o.v

I stood there holding a incision knife in my hand, "Okay...Liam if it get's to gory than you are welcome to leave." Nikki pep talked him as he stared at me, "No...I'm fine." He said not taking his eyes of me. I took a deep breath as Nikki turned to look at me. I lifted my hand and slashed at my other arm as the knife sank deep into my arm and out the other end. I gasped as the pain shrieked up my arm. Liam and Nikki flinched as blood literally squirted out of my arm and spilled half way to the floor.

I grabbed the end of the knife and pulled it out and closed my eyes trying had not to shriek. Nikki's eyes were firm and looking straight at my arm. I looked down at it as Liam covered his face in shock. He looked through his fingers at times and in a minute tops the wound healed. Nikki's eyes widened. They were big and beautiful but filled with shock as her eyes met mine, "See that's what I'm talking about. Now I'm sick because of this...when will it all end-" Nikki walked past me and picked up the knife. She looked at it and looked at me, "I know it's a bit shocking but-" She cut me off as she rolled up the sleeve on her wrist and slashed the long knife straight across.

Liam and I screamed in shock, "Nikki!" I shouted grabbing her wrist as tears poured out of her eyes as she shut them close. Blood filled my hands as Liam came over to get a better look, "She popped a vein!" He said shocked. I looked down to see this blue greenish looking thing falling out of her hand, "Wait for it..." Nikki gasped in pain. Then in front of my very own eyes. I saw her vein crawl back up into it's rightful place. Liam and I exchanged a glance of shock as the blood stopped itself from seeping out. Then slowly her flesh stitched itself up and it was beautiful tan skin.

Nikki's eyes popped back open and the tears vanished as she sighed softly, "Yea...that's why I wanted to talk." She said pulling back the sleeve and turning away, "Nikki...why aren't you sick then?" I asked, "I don't know...If I did I'd tell you. But I have no idea why I'm not sick like you. It makes no sense." She said shaking her head. I sighed, "It's late...is it alright if I come along to your house tonight?" Nikki turned to look at me, "Sure...Taylor might be there so we have to talk privately in my room." I nodded, "That's fine." She scrawled her address on a piece of a paper and handed it to me, "Now don't do anything stupid alright. Liam take care of her." Nikki ordered as Liam nodded, to shocked to say anything, "Now go home and take some rest." Nikki said patting my back and walking away from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait.
i had to perfect everything so enjoy