The Adrenaline of Love

1/1

Moving and kicking his short legs underneath the thin sheets, Frank frowned. Even though his boyfriend, Gerard, couldn’t see the less than pleased look on his face, Frank wanted to make his mood known. He huffed and puffed until the older man couldn’t try and ignore the fuss. Gerard yawned and unwrapped his arms around Frank’s small waist. “What is it baby?” He mumbled in Frank’s ear.

“Gerard!” Frank whined loudly. “It’s always so cold in the bedroom. I feel like I’m going to sleep in the North Pole or something. Any second I’m just waiting for Santa Clause to jump out. Why do you always set the temperature so low? You’ve always have. It’s freezing in here and I’m shaking to death.”

If Gerard wasn’t so sleepy, then he probably would have burst out in laughter over Frank’s tantrum. Instead, he reached over and pulled Frank closer to him. He then threw a blanket over the younger man’s bare arm and kissed him on the cheek. “Any better?”

Frank grumbled something incoherent in Gerard’s chest. The vibrations caused Gerard to laugh. “It’s not funny!” Frank said hotly.

“I’m not laughing at you, I promise. Damn Frankie, you’re just too cute for your own good. You’re so so goddamn precious. You don’t even know the half of it.” Gerard began stroking Frank’s unruly hair and twisting his fingers in it. I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” Frank replied back softly. “But you still never answered my question, Gee.”

“I forgot what it was baby. Repeat it for me.”

“Why do you always keep the air so cold? I swear you always tamper with the heater or air conditioner. I’ve seen you push it down forty degrees the past few nights. It’s already cold enough.”

Gerard smiled even though it was unseen. “Well Frankie, the answer is quite simple.”

“What is it?”

“I always keep it super cold so that you’ll always snuggle right next to me while we’re sleeping. The best feeling that I have is when I wake up in the morning and you’re right in my arms. Words can’t even start to describe that special moment.”

“You’re so weird Gerard. That is honestly the weirdest and romantic things anyone has ever said to me.”

Gerard’s little black heart twisted and turned from the affection and nearly burst from the adrenaline of love. He didn’t know how to respond so he kissed the top of Frank’s (who already was sleeping) head.

Gerard silently prayed that Frank would never figure out how to work the temperature.