Twizzlers & Love

1/1

Opening up a fresh pack of Twizzlers, Justin quickly grabbed one and started chewing on the end. The red candy soon disappeared in his mouth and he began on another stick. He was savoring the flavor of the cherry treat when his girlfriend, Shelby, walked into the room. She took one glance at him with the candy shoved in his mouth and giggled. Her curly brown hair shook everywhere.

“Hey, what are you laughing at?” Justin asked with a smile.

“You sure do like your Twizzlers,” she responded back matter-of-factly. “There’s always at least one empty bag around you.”

He shrugged his shoulders and shot her a cheeky grin. “What can I say? I love them. Sweet and sugary, just like you Shelby.”

Her green eyes sparkled with laughter. “Hmm, Justin. I think you would be a Sour Patch kid. For obvious reasons of course.”

Justin shook his head. “Nah, I don’t think so. I think I would be more like a lollipop.” He winked at her and wiggled his tongue.

Shelby gasped before jumping off the bed. She grabbed the nearest pillow of the bed and began whacking Justin upside the head. “Subtle much?”

“How many licks does it take?”

“Justin!”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Justin said between laughs. “I’m just joking with you Shelby. Besides, I never get to kid around with you anymore. I’m always on tour and you’re still here in Stratford.” His tone went from lightheartedness to serious. “I always miss you. I wish there was some way I could bring you on tour. I would in a heartbeat baby, I would. But you know how my mom is. She would kill me.”

Shelby threw the pillow down and wrapped her arms around Justin’s neck. “I know, I know. You don’t have to apologize for something you don’t have any control over.” She kissed the top of his head. “Things are fine Justin. Don’t worry about it. I’ll always be here waiting for you.”

Justin turned around in his computer chair and looked at her. His brown eyes were solemn and they started deep into her light green ones. “Do you really mean that?”

“I do. You mean absolutely everything to me. I know you probably hear that from every girl out there that meets you or at your concerts. But I’m saying this right now, directly to your face and heart. I love you Justin.” Those were the first times that those words had ever slipped from her mouth, but she felt more confident that she ever had felt in her whole life.

Elation ran through Justin’s body at a rapid speed. He felt his heart beat faster and his face warmer than before. “Shelby, I love you too.”

Before she could even fully comprehend the vast meaning behind those three little words, she threw herself on him. He caught her and sat her on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her curvy waist and smiled. “I really am the luckiest boy in the world.”

“And I am the luckiest girl in the world.”