Status: Joint Story =)

I Have Problems, but So Do You

Chapter Two

~Raven's P.O.V.~

"Hey, Raven, you coming with me to go see Jade?" My brother, Skylar, asked through my bedroom door. I scrambled to clean the mess I had made not ten seconds ago.
"Um, maybe later. I have... Things to do." I replied, throwing stained tissues into the trash can.
"Okay, well, bye." Skylar said. Then everything was silent. I cleaned off my arm and rinsed off the old pocket knife that I got five years ago when I was going through my 'tomboy' stage. Now, I bet you can guess what just occurred in my room, and yes, it was on purpose. I have had this problem with... Cutting... For about two years now, ever since my dad started to... Abuse me. He'd do it when my mom was out of town and Skylar was at band practice (He plays guitar). Whenever I'd have a question directed at me about the scars or bruises, I'd say that I tripped or something like that. No one knows, not even Skylar, Jade, or Bryan.
The thought of Bryan made me stop what I was doing (Which was currently washing my arm off) and just stare into space. Bryan is one of my best friends in the entire world. He's the bassist of my brother's band, which is how we met. It was like friendship at first sight. He was wearing an Escape The Fate shirt and black skinny jeans, which we later laughed about because I was wearing the same thing. After a few years, Bryan and I started getting closer, and up until recently, we've been the best of friends. But now, I think I may want something more. Too bad he has a girlfriend.
I heard a knock at my door and I jumped, dropping the blade into the sink. I cursed as it almost went down the drain, but I grabbed it just in time.
"Raven? Raven, are you in there?" I heard my mom's voice through the door.
"Uh, yeah mom, I'm here. What's up?" I dried off my arm and put a long strip of gauze around the wounds that spelled out "Abuse". I threw on my My Chemical Romance hoodie and opened the door.
"Oh, Raven, why are you wearing that jacket? It's at least 85 degrees outside. Well, anyway, I came to say that I'll be out of town for a week, so I need you and your brother to be on your best behavior. Your father's going through a rough time right now at work." I had to fight the urge to scream. How could she just leave us here? I bit back my cries and forced a smile.
"Okay, mom." She smiled at me, oblivious to the fact that I was close to tears and that I was cradling my arm. She just turned and walked back down the hall.
I closed the door and collapsed against it, holding back the tears that I knew were about to come. Why, dad? Why do you abuse me?
♠ ♠ ♠
MY first chapter now =) Comment and subscribe please and thank you! =) <3