Status: Joint Story =)

I Have Problems, but So Do You

Chapter Twenty Six

~Raven's P.O.V.~

After a while of thinking, I got up, though it was still a while before my alarm would go off. I hopped into the shower and when I was done, I threw on my Escape the Fate shirt, neon orange skinny jeans, My Chemical Romance hoodie, and my neon green Converse. I did my make up and brushed out my hair while I blow-dried it and then curled it, leaving large, nearly perfect ringlets. I clipped in a rainbow bow and was done.
I walked out of my bathroom and turned off my alarm, which had apparently been going off for twenty minutes. I went downstairs and heard someone messing with bowls, so I thought I might ask if they would set a bowl out for me.
“Hey whoever is dow-." I stopped talking when I saw that it was Jade. We stared at each other for a while, but she turned away and walked to the table. I went and grabbed an orange and sat down across from her, but we didn't speak or look at each other. Just then, Skylar came downstairs all happy and stuff.
“Good morning! Isn’t a beautiful day?” I looked up at him.
"No." I answered. Jade was staring at him, but I tuned out on what he said to her. I just went back to peeling my orange. After we finished eating, we went to school. I met up with Bryan and the band. Mine and Bryan's fingers intertwined as we talked and laughed with them. I saw Josh look over at me and I smiled softly and waved. He gave me a half smile and waved back. I turned back to the guys and we spent the rest of the morning goofing off.

Lunch came quickly and I met up with Skylar, Bryan, and the rest of the band at the door. We decided to sit outside today, so we found a bush and sat against it. We were all laughing and talking and having a great time, when suddenly, Jade was right there.
"Are you guys spying on me?" Since me and the rest of the band refused to talk to her, (The guys love me more than Jade. I'm like their little sister, well except for Bryan, who's my boyfriend, and Skylar, who is really my brother.) Skylar had to answer.
"No, we didn't even know that you were there." He said as he stood up. Josh walked hesitantly over and I wiggled my fingers at him as a wave. He waved softly back and gave me a small smile. Jade looked confused and a little mad.
"What, so you two are friends now? I thought that you telling him off meant that you didn't like him at all!" Jade said, almost yelling.
"Hey, now, Raven realized that what she did was wrong and she apologized, so we're cool." Josh said. Jade gave him a look of disbelief.
"And when did this happen?" She asked him.
"She drove me home yesterday before going to see her boyfriend, which I'm guessing to be you." He looked at Bryan and Bryan nodded. Jade turned her gaze to me.
"So, I can't be friends with him, but you can?" She said icily. I looked at her with a hard stare.
"I never said what you can or can't do. I don't have control over you, Jade, and I don't know how or when you got that thought into your head. It's just that with you, you're flirting. With me, we're just friends. I know who has my heart and he's sitting right next to me." I looked over to Bryan and he smiled. Jade looked a little... Mad. Then, she just walked off. Josh just stood there, looking confused and lost.
"Josh, you can stay with us if you want." I said with full sincerity. He gave me a smile.
"Really?" He asked. I looked around and they all nodded. I smiled up at him and he sat down across from us with his back against the brick wall. We all talk and laughed and got to know each other. When the bell rang, we were all good friends.
Bryan walked me to class and kissed me good bye, promising to call later. The rest of my day went by quickly and soon, I was standing by my car, waiting for Skylar and Jade. Skylar walked over and said that Jade was apparently getting a ride from a new friend. I just shrugged and got into the passenger seat. Skylar started the car and drove off. As we were driving, I saw Josh's tall figure on the sidewalk. I asked Skylar to pull over and he saw Josh, too. He pulled over and I rolled down my window.
"Hey, Josh, do you want a ride?" I asked. He jumped and looked around, spotting us and laughing, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.
"Um, sure, if you wouldn't mind." Skylar leaned over and smiled.
"It's all good. Come one in." Josh's eyes went a little wide at Skylar's kindness, but he smiled and got in the back. We all talked about random stuff and Josh gave Skylar the directions to his house. We pulled up and Josh went silent.
"My dad's home..." He said quietly. I turned around to look at him. he face was white and he was biting his lip again. I gave Skylar a look and he understood.
"Do you wanna hang out at our house?" He asked. Josh's face brightened.
"Really? You would do that?" Skylar smiled warmly.
"Sure. Any friend of my sister's is a friend of mine." Josh smiled. He truly smiled. We drove to our house and when we pulled up, Josh's eyes went wide.
"Wow, you guys have a huge house." I smiled.
"Yeah, our mom has a well-paying job. She sends us huge child-support checks." Josh had a look of awe. We walked inside and that's when Bryan called me. We talked for a long time while Skylar and Josh were in the basement hanging out. Jade was still out with her friend. Just then, I heard a car stop outside.
"Hang on, Bryan, I think someone's here."
"Alright, Raven, hurry back." I smiled and walked to the door with my phone. Just then, it burst open and in comes Jade. But get this: She walked in laughing and talking with, wait for it, Macey. Yes, the same Macey that she sent to the hospital. Before they could see me, I ran downstairs to the basement and ran right into Skylar.
"Whoa, where ya going?" I looked up at him.
"Jade's here. With Macey." His eyes grew wide. "I'm gonna ask the band to come over, now. Josh is welcome to stay, but I need my brothers with me." I said and Skylar nodded. I walked over and sat next Josh and sat down, then went back to talking with Bryan. As it turns out, he was already with the other guys so they all agreed to come over. I hung up and just talked with Josh and Skylar until I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and sneaked up the stairs. Luckily, Jade and Macey were no where in sight, but I heard laughter from upstairs. I ran for the door and opened it, letting my extended family wrap me in the warmth of their love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, yeah. Kinda suckish, but whatever =)