Status: Joint Story =)

I Have Problems, but So Do You

Chapter Four

~Raven's P.O.V.~

After I said bye to Jade, I called Skylar. The phone rang and rang until his voice mail started.
"Hey, this is Skylar! I'm probably with my awesome sister or my amazing girlfriend, so leave a message!" I didn't wait for the beep. I just pressed end and sighed. Then, my phone rang. I hurriedly looked at the caller I.D. but was let down when I saw that it was just my mom.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Raven, honey, you have to come to the hospital right now. It's an emergency." She sounded like she was about to cry.
"Mom, what's wrong? What happened?" My heart was beating like crazy with fear.
"It's, it's your brother. He's in the hospital. He got hit by a car as he was walking over to my car. I tried to yell, but he didn't hear me in time. He's got a broken arm, a broken leg, and two broken ribs. Not to mention the stitches in his cheek and forehead." I was shocked. I almost dropped my phone.
"Um, okay mom. I'll, I'll be right there." I pressed end and then the tears came. My sobs rocked my whole body until it ached all over. My big brother, my hero, my best friend, just got hit by a CAR. How could that happen? After about ten minutes of crying, I got up and brushed myself off. Then, I grabbed my car keys and left.
When I got to the hospital, I ran straight to the ER. My mom was sitting in one of the chairs with Bryan right next to her with his head in his hands. My heart skipped a beat as he turned his head to look at me. He realized who I was and stood up quickly. I walked over and gave him a hug. He squeezed my waist tightly.
"I'm so sorry, Raven. I hope he's okay." He whispered into my ear. I pulled back and looked at him. Then, the tears started flowing again. He pulled me to his chest again and whispered calming words while rubbing my back. Suddenly, I realized that I had left my jacket at home. I felt my eyes go wide as I saw the white gauze on my forearm. Bryan must have felt me tense up, because he pulled back and looked at me with a confused expression.
"Bryan," I sniffled. "Can I borrow your jacket? I'm a little cold." He nodded and let go to take off his jacket. He gave it to me and I hurriedly put it on. But apparently, I didn't put it on fast enough because Bryan's eyes widened as he saw the gauze around my arm. He looked at me.
"What happened?" He whispered. I shook my head.
"Not now. I'll tell you later." He nodded. Crap, now what was I going to tell him? I remembered Jade and pulled out my phone to call her. I was still crying when she answered and I told her what happened and where I was. She said she'd be right over, and she meant it. She was here in less than five minutes. The doctor filled her in and she started crying with me.
"Raven, I hope he's going to be okay." I looked at her.
"So do I, Jade, so do I." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bryan look at me. I turned to him and tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace. He took my hand and squeezed it. I tried smiling again, and this time, I think I actually did. He leaned over and kissed my cheek. I felt my cheeks heat up and he smiled.
"What was that for?" I asked.
"I don't like seeing you sad. It hurts too much." He gave me a sincere look and I smiled a little.
"But what about your girlfriend?"
"Oh, Betty? I broke up with her. Too clingy. Plus, she was jealous of you. Not that I'm surprised." I blushed again. I know I should be sadder and worried, but I couldn't help it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jade giving me a sly smile. Sort of. She was still crying and the smile came out as a grimace, but I still knew what she was doing.
I rolled my eyes and turned back to Bryan, who was looking at my arm. I knew that I was wearing his jacket, but it's like he could see through the sleeve and straight to the scars and wounds. I shifted and he looked back up to my eyes with a pleading look. I shook my head and mouthed 'Later' again. He gave me a pained look but nodded. He took my hand again and we just sat there, waiting for the doctor's news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe? =) It would make me and my co-writer very happy girls!