Status: Joint Story =)

I Have Problems, but So Do You

Chapter Six

~Raven's P.O.V.~

"This is all my fault..." I heard Jade whisper to herself. I turned to her.
"It's not your fault, Jade. You didn't know this would happen." I said.
"No, but I saw him five minutes before this." She looked like she was going to start bawling again.
"It's still not your fault." She stood up.
"Whatever. Look, I'm hungry. I'll be in the cafeteria if you need me." She walked away and I watched her go. I felt Bryan's stare burning a hole in my neck, so I turned to face his gaze.
"Now will you tell me, Raven?" He whispered, his warm breath on my face. I swallowed hard and nodded slowly. I stood up and pulled him with me. I walked down the hall not worrying about whether or not my mom cared or wondered. I saw a closet and walked to it, trying the handle. It was unlocked. I pulled Bryan inside and shut the door as he turned on the light. I turned to face him and took a deep breath. I pulled up my sleeve and looked up at him before I unwrapped the gauze. I heard him gasp softly as the wounds and scars were revealed. He looked up from my arm and into my eyes.
"Why do you do this to yourself, Raven?" I looked deep into his eyes.
"Bryan, if I tell you, you can't tell anyone. Not even Skylar or Jade." He took my hand and squeezed it tightly.
"I promise, Raven."
"Okay, well..." I took a deep breath. "When my mom is out and Skylar is at band practice, my dad, he um.... H-he-." I was cut off by my mom screaming for Jade, saying that Skylar was okay and that we could see him. I moved toward the door, but Bryan held onto my hand and stayed in place.
"Raven," He said as I looked back at him confused. "This is more important. Skylar's gonna be okay, but you might not be. Now, tell me what your dad does." I looked into his eyes and saw true concern and caring. I saw one other thing, and my eyes widened at it. But suddenly, it vanished and it was back to just caring and concern. I turned back to face him all the way and took a breath shakily.
"My dad... He... A-abuses me. He used to just hit me, but now he kicks me and slaps me. Remember that day that I came to the band practice one day and I had a black eye?"
"And you said that you got hit by a ball by some random little kid. Yeah, I remember."
"Well, My dad was drunk that day and slapped me because I asked him to stop drinking." I looked down, too ashamed to look into his eyes. I felt his fingers under my chin and he lifted my face to look into his eyes.
"Raven, this is bad. You need to tell someone." I started shaking.
"Bryan, I can't. He said he'd kill me if I told. I just, I can't." I felt tears come to my eyes, but I fought back.
"Hey, hey, it's okay. Well, no it;s not, but hey, you have me. I'll always be with you. You can count on that." He gave me a half smile. I searched his eyes but all I saw was true concern and adoration.
"Really, Bryan?" I asked.
"Of course. Raven, I-I really like you. I wouldn't leave you for the world." I felt my eyes widen and my cheeks heat up. Just then, he leaned down and pressed his soft, warm lips to mine. My eyes fluttered closed as his scent overwhelmed my senses. I pulled away and we both smiled. He put his forehead against mine and kissed my nose. I laughed softly and pulled away. I put the gauze back on and I pulled the sleeve back down. When I was done, I took his hand and we left the closet to see my brother.

~Next Morning- 7 a.m.~
I woke up and threw on an MCR shirt and my blood red skinny jeans. I put on my All Time Low jacket and did my eyeliner and mascara. I laced up my plain black Converse. When I was done, I put my hair into a high ponytail and went to go get my brother. I told him that he shouldn't go to school, but he insisted. So, I'm driving to Jade's house with him to surprise her. We pulled up to her house and got out. I grabbed the spare key under the mat and let myself and Skylar in.
I heard her footsteps upstairs and went to go sit on the counter in the kitchen to wait for her with Skylar trailing behind. When she came down stairs, she jumped. I grinned and Skylar wrapped her into a hug.
"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.
"We decided to come and surprise you." I said as she gave me a quick hug. We all piled into Skylar's car and drove to school. I couldn't help but see that Jade was in deep thought. I shrugged it off, thinking that she'd tell me if she wanted to. We pulled up to school and I got out to look for Bryan. I spotted him and my face broke into a smile. I ran up to him and hugged him around the waist. He laughed and hugged me back. I gave him a quick kiss.
I realized that I had a great guy with me who would be with me through anything. I smiled widely as that great statement settled in. I realized something else.
I loved Bryan. I loved him more than anything. If only he felt exactly the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty! So, please comment and subscribe! It will make me and my co-writer/best friend VERY happy! =D