Status: Hold. Re-writing. Sorry!

Forever, Andy.

"What's with the creepy smile?"

It's Friday, the glorious long awaited end of the week is finally here. No more rushing to turn in assignments due the next day, or struggle to find some down time. It's the end of the week and everyone is mostly out of school.

Everyone except me because I'm a neat freak who needs to organize my back pack and locker.

A loud slam from the top metal locker to my right causes me to lose focus. I furrow my eyebrows and look to see the cause, but I'm only met with the sight of my best friend Alec. He has his head tilted up with his eyes closed and a big grin spread across his face.

"What's with the creepy smile?" I ask, returning to my organization session. Alec hums in response but doesn't reply, most likely thinking over the event that has cause him to act lovestruck.

I don't take his delay to heart and continue exchanging assignments between my back pack and locker.

"She talked to me today" he starts, "Maybelle talked to me today."

I smiled and close my locker, pulling him off the one he was leaning against and sending an apologetic look to the girls that were waiting for him to move.

"And what did you say?" I asked, slinging my backpack over my shoulders. I reached out for his arm when he started straying away from me, probably because his eyes were still closed.

"Well, I mean, she talked to me first, she asked me for a pencil in Spanish yesterday, but today . . ." Alec stops abruptly and spins around to face me. His smile widens, and his eyes finally open. He looks proud, irises alive. I tilt my head at him and urge him to continue.

"She asked me for lead!" he cheers. I laugh in response and start walking again.

"Alec, you're so smooth" I reply sarcastically but he shrugs it off and continues to smile.

"I know, I'm pretty good, I know."

Alec sighs and stares at his feet. I keep my eyes straight ahead and pull him towards the front gate that leads to the front of the school.

"I'm so good, I'm going to ask her to be my partner for the project we'll be getting on Monday" Alec continues while nodding his head to the few people we pass. Slowly we make our way to the parking lot.

The sudden transition of cool cement and grass to blazing asphalt makes me pick up my pace. Although winter hasn't ended, the California sun is persistent to burn us all.

"I hope she says yes" I encourage. Alec nods his head and pushes up the sleeves of his navy blue sweater.

"I do to" he whispers.

I send him a reassuring smile as we reach my car and climb in. My fingers quickly press the button by the steering wheel to start the car, while Alec's turn on the air. The two of us release a sigh of relief and enjoy the cool breeze.

"If Maybelle says yes to be my partner, I'll ask her out on a date and if things go good, then maybe I can get you and Envoy together" Alec suggest. I laugh halfheartedly as I start to pull out of the school parking lot.

"You don't have to."

Although part of me was wishing he would, another part of me was scared. I've had a crush on that cute small green eyed beauty for four years and never have I ever had the courage to actually talk to him. Sure we've had classes together but I was always too nervous to say anything to him. We never got put into each others way to even have a conversation.

Hell, I don't even know if Envoy knows I exist. My lunch times are usually spent studying in the cafeteria while the rest of my friends and he and Maybelle sit near the senior lockers. I don't think Envoy has ever even given more than a glance at me.

"Speaking of. . ." Ale trails off as I approach a stop sign. To our left on the sidewalk stands both of our crushes. Envoy with skinny jeans and a beanie and Maybelle with a dress and light sweater.

Before I can say anything Alec is rolling down the window and waving his hand at them.

"Hi Maybelle" he yells getting both crushes attention. I press my face to my forehead and shake my head.

Maybelle gives Alec a small smile and waves in return.

Just as I peak out to look at Envoy he turns his attention from his friend to me and I whip my head back forward.

See, it was just a glance.
♠ ♠ ♠
What? An update? On this?

I know, but I've been thinking about this story, it's fluffy and light. I don't think it will be more than 20 chapters, but I promise I'll try to make it cute. Thank you for the recommendations and for staying subscribed.