Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Seventeen

"Owwww...mm whe...Where am I?" I groaned confused as I saw Jeff sat on a chair beside me.
"In my room, I put you in here last night after your energy drained walking back." I looked down at myself in one of, what looked like, Jeff's shirts.
"Ahhh, God my head hurts so fucking bad!"
"Yeah? Well I can tell you I'm not surprised!" He spat slightly.
"What's the matter with you?" I asked, my brow creasing.
"I had to, basically, carry you home last night after you had too much to drink!"
"Where's Johnny?" I whispered, trying to get out of this convosation.
"He went out for coffee, and can we please talk about THIS!" He shouted and stood up out of the chair.
"Well sorry for having a good time!"
"You promised Lowri. You said you wouldn't do this again after the last time you were like this! You know what it does to me but you crushed that for another guy!" He yelled. I still sat helpless in bed, too embaresed and guilty to say anything.
"I'm...I'm sorry Jeff. I forgot." My voice could barely be heard as the crisp white sheet on the bed crumpled as I went to stand up.
"Yeah! You forgot, and the same selfish Lowri came out last night after four years of being trapped! I'll see you later, Knoxville should be back soon." With that he left the hotel room, the door slamming behind him. Tears slowly started to flood my eyes, my back slouching against the head board. I sat there weeping for about half an hour before I heard the door unlock and push open.
"Oh! Good morni..." The sentence drifted off as he must of heard me sniffle, "Oh Low, what's up?" Johnny asked putting his coffee down before coming over and sitting on the bed next to me.
"Jeff was right." I knew this was confusing him, but I had to get it off my chest.
"Well babe, I know it's hard but you can't be right all the time."
"No, he was right about what he said. I was selfish. I barely even thanked him for helping me before." His face twisted, slowly, he pulled himself further up the bed.
"What you talking about? What happened before?" My mind stopped for a minute but then went in to overload with questions. Do I tell him? How do I start? Can I trust him? Will he understand? Does he even care? I tried to answer them all and I finally decided that Yes, I could trust Johnny and I could tell him anything. I laid down on the bed resting my head on the pillow. Johnny joined me and laid on his side facing me, his arm rested over me and he looked up at me, almost begging me to tell him.

"Remember how I was telling you about my ex...Derek?" I saw Johnny nod his head, his cheek brushing lightly against my shoulder.
"Mmmhmmm."
"Well it was after he did that. The night he told me we were going to watch a movie together..."

*3 years ago*

"Babe come on the movies starting!" I shouted as I laid out on the large sofa. I heard his foot steps coming down the stairs along with the something else following him. I turned my head around and looked over the back of the sofa to see him holding a large suitcase that I guessed was filled with his clothes.
"Where you going?" I asked quietly, trying to keep a smile on my face. A small, fake giggle escaped my lips as he kept a stern face.
"I'm leaving." He looked away for a second before his eyes found mine again.
"Leaving? Leaving for where?" I remained still on the sofa, my eyed glazed over in confusment.
"Leaving for good Lowri. I'm going home."
"Don't be silly, you are home." The silly smile stayed on my face as Derek sighed and dropped his head, laughing.
"You just don't get it do you Lowri?" He yelled.
"Wha..."
"I'm married Low! I have been for the past five fucking years we've been together!" I felt small tears start to suround my eyes as he lifted his bag up higher on his shoulde rand turned towards the door.
"No...you not...how?" Derek started to laughed lightly again.
"Your so stupid aren't you Lowri? Your so thick! But that's why i picked you, you were pretty but dumb, so you would never find out." The tears had now started to run down my cheeks as his words became harsher.
"Then why you leaving? What's so special about now? Five years later!" I shouted angrily.
"She's starting to think somethings up, I have to go back!"
"And what makes her so special, this was a relationship to me to!"
"I have a kid!" He yelled in my face, "I have a fucking 3 year old daughter, and I ain't going to give her up for anyone! Especially you!" After that he left slamming the door. Slamming the door to the apartment which we shared and bought together.

*Present*

"That's awful." Johnny said plainly.
"That's Derek." My eyes were dry by the end of my memory, I no longer cried at the thought of him. I had ran out of tears for him.
"You know what the worst thing is?" I asked Knox.
"What?"
"I never even had a fucking clue." I paused and looked over at Knoxville who laid scilently, just listening to me. "After that I couldn't stand to stay in that house, I went over to Jeff's and he let me stay with him until I sold the appertment and got myself sorted. I bought a new house, new everything. And then after everything Jeff had done for me I turned around and threw it all back in his face."
"What happened? It can't be that bad." He said as he gently rubbed my stomache with his rough hand.
"I started going out every night, fooling around with my friends. Then I started screwing around with people, I wouldn't come into work for weeks on end. I was close to being fired, but once again Jeff was there to convince Dave I was good and he should keep me on." I paused trying to think of the write way to say the next part. "Then I started sleeping with strangers every night, leaving there house on the same night. It got to the point where I hadn't been to work or even seen any of my friends for about 6 weeks, I was a mess."
"So how did you get sorted?"
"One day I was sat in my apartment and there was a knock on the door."...

*2 1/2 years ago*

Bang Bang Bang
I heard a heavy knock at the door while I sat on my sofa. It was 2 in the afternoon and I already had a bottle of beer in my hand.
Bang Bang Bang
"Okay I'm coming!" I got up and stumbled towards the door, "Sheesh." I undid all the latches and finally opened the door to find Jeff Tremaine stood there.
"Hey Jeff, come in. You want a beer?" He stepped in and walked through to the sitting area with me.
"No thanks Low, I actually really need to talk to you." I sat oppisite him and looked at him with a frown.
"What about?"
"How long has it been since we last seen each other?" I stopped and thought, 'damn alcohol!' I scolded.
"Just last week. I came into the office and sat with you the whole day."
"Lowri! That was 6 weeks ago!" He spoke loudly, getting my full attention. "What are you doing to yourself? You relise how hard I've had to work to keep you from getting fired? How hard it's been trying to convince Carnie you have a family issue and need time off?" Jeff yelled standing up and walking arounf the back of the couch, staring down at me.
"It's not as if it's my fault." I muttered.
"Then who's fault is it? Dereks?...You can't blame him for what your chosing to do with yourself!"
"Well what do you suggest I do?" Venom drenched every word as I spat them out. "If you came over here just to make me feel bad then you can leave now!"
"I'm not leaving until you relise what your doing!" He continued to shout.
"It's my life to do what I want with it!"
"Well your throwing it away. Your acting like a selfish bitch!" We both fell scilent after that. I lifted my knee's up and hugged them, tears starting to appear.
"Lowri." Jeff came over and sat down wrapping me in a hug. "You need to turn yourself back around or you'll loose your job and then your friendswill start to leave you." He whispered, rocking us both.
"Will I loose you?" I asked and a long scilence followed.
"...No...no, I would never leave you." I smiled weakly and I felt Jeff kiss my head, his forehead resting in my hair.

*Present*

"...After that Jeff dumped all the alcohol in the trash, helped me tidy my apartment and took me to work the next day. No one else ever knew, they all thought my Great Aunt was dieing and I was really close to her." I finished.
"Wow, so why did you tell me, of all people?" Knoxville asked.
"Meh, you look like one of them nice people you trust, plus I have a feeling were going to be working together for a while so..." I shrugged and giggled looking over at him.
"Well Thanks, you wanna know something about me?"
"Yeah, what?" I smiled.
"I got married in Vegas." Johnny confesed.
"No way! And how long you been married?"
"In 1995 so...going on 6 years now."
"Wow! And they say Vegas marriges never last!" I joked.
"Yeah." Knoxville smiled looking at me, "Well I better leave you to talk to Jeff!" He got up out of the bed and head ed for the door.
"Errrr, can you not stay? I hate confruntation!"
"I'll tell him you want him. See you later." He left the hotel room and left me sitting on the bed.
"See ya!" I got up and pulled my shorts on before sitting on the bed, waiting for Jeff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Authors note: I've confused myself with the times by not planning it well before I started so lets say this chapter begins in April 2001, it may confuse people but please just go with it. I will post the month in the top of each chapter when it changes to help you keep thing unconfused and to keep myself in order. :D

Comments and rates! :D