Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Twenty Two

"Lowri! Lowri, Lowri, Lowri, Lowri." Bam sung as we headed towards the taxi cab dock of the airport. I never should of let him have that bottle of red wine.
"Where you two staying for the next couple of days?" I asked.
"Over at some hotel MTV are putting us up at, that's only cause you didn't offer us a place to stay!" Bam shouted sounding upset.
"Oh be quiet, I have no room at mine." I giggled. "Anyway, I'll see you two the day after tomorrow maybe?"
"Yeah we'll see you then. Bye." Ryan said, totally sober...Unlike someone.
"Yeah BYE LOWRI! I love you babe. You better call me tonight girlfriend so we can hook up." Bam yelled in a girly, californian accent.
"Okay, bye Bam." I laughed and watched as Ryan tried to usher Bam into a cab. I stiffled a laugh and continued walking towards my own car that I had used to get to the airport almost two weeks ago.

I shoved everything in, not caring, and slammed the door shut behind me before I started the car and turned on the radio. Take On Me by Ah Ha blasted out of the soeakers and I frowned but laughed slightly.
I cruised down the LA roads, patting my hand on the stearing wheel to the beat of the music, the window was down and my hair blew in the breeze. It was truly good to be home even though I was already missing Chad.

I soon reached my apartment though and I celebrated by opening a bottle of red wine, grabbing a huge tin of chocolates and sitting in front of the television.
"Ahhhhhh." I sighed and smiled. Sitting back, I took a sip from the glass of wine and put my feet up. I was just about to flick on the television and find a nice, feel good film to watch when I was jolted back to the harsh reality witht the sound of my deafening ring tone. I grumped and picked it up, trying not to sound so fed up for the callers sake.
"Hello."
"Hey Lowri, how was your trip?" I smiled very slightly when I heard Johnny's voice on the other end.
"It was really good, I'm kind of sad to be back."
"Oh well. I actually have a huge favour to ask you." He said and I could tell by his voice he was stressed.
"Yeah?" I questioned.
"You see...me and Melanie have this wedding, party thing to go to and the baby sitter for Maddy just rang in sick." uh oh.
"So you want me to find you a new baby sitter?" I said, trying to convince myself that was all they were going to ask.
"Actually...We were hoping that you..could be the new baby sitter." He said sounding a little scared of my reaction.
"Oh, erm...sure. I'd love to. So...tomorrow or next week?" I asked although I already knew the answer would be...
"Tonight actually."
"Cool, okay. I'll be over in like half an hour, that okay?" I asked and started getting up so I could go get ready again to head out.
"Sure, as soon as you can. Thanks Lowri! I owe you one!" He laughed.
"No it's fine. I'll see you later, Bye." I hung up the phone and got ready before heading out to my car. I started the engine and pulled out of the apertment car park, starting the journey to ?Johnny's house.

What have I got myself into! I don't do kids, I havn't even ever looked after a kid. No brothers, no sisters so I didn't look after them when they were little, all my cousins were older than my and I had barly even come into contact with a child before! Apart the obvious nursrey and school obviously.

I pulled up into Johnny's drive sooner than I thought and got out the car, walking up the gravel to knock on the door. Johnny answered straight away and pulled me inside as Melanie rushed down the stairs, fixing her earrings.
"Oh Lowri, thank you so much for doing this. You have no idea how thankfull I am!" She gushed, picking up her purse. I walked into the kitchen to find Madison sitting at the table playing with her playdough.
"It's no problem really." I said, putting on a smile.
"Madison this is Lowri, she's going to be looking after you." Johnny introduced. She waved and smiled.
"Hi. My mammy and daddy said you were pretty." She said innocently.
"Did they? Well thank you." I giggled to Johnny.
"Your welcome." He laughed.
"Okay Maddy, me and daddy are going now, you be a good girl for Lowri okay? Do everything she tells you to." Melanie said as she lent down to the little girl.
"Okay mommy." Melanie kissed her and gave her a hug.
"Okay, she's had her dinner, her bedtimes at 7pm, you have my number, I'll leave you a key in the door and if there is anythin gelse just call okay?" Johnny explained. Madison nodded and continued playing. "Kiss?" He asked and Madison smiled giving him a hug and a big kiss on the cheek.
"Yeah, but don't worry go have a nice night." I said and they walked towards the front door. "See you later."
"Bye." The both replied and I shut the door, locking it and walked back into the kitchen.
"So what you making?" I asked, smiling at the her.
"A house, a pink one." She replied, rolling the playdough between her hands.
"Wow, it's very good." I said and watched her until she stopped and looked at what she had created.
"Finished!"
"Oh my gosh that is amazing." I gushed making Madison giggle.

I was shocked at how well I got on with her, having never looked after a kid before. We sat for the whole night playing, and she talked about what she wanted for christmas even though it was just over six months away. It soon reached seven o clock and I took her to bed where she fell straight asleep. For the rest of the night I sat down stairs quietly watching television until the front door opened, indicating Johnny and Melanie were home.

"Hey, she asleep?" Melanie asked. I nodded and stood up, going to get my stuff ready.
"Was she good."
"She was fine. She's very sweet." I laughed.
"Yeah, little girls have something about them where they make you fall in love with them." Johnny smiled.
"How was the wedding, party thing?" I asked.
"It was alright. You ready for tomorrow?" He asked, refering to the filming that was starting tomorrow."
"Yeah, well hopefully. I'm just glad I don't have to pack to go anywhere or get on another plane."
"Well I heard that Jeff heard that Spike heard of something and got an idea so don't speak to soon."
"Check you out you little gossiper!" I laughed at him.
"Hey I am not a gossiper...more of a weasel." He laughed. I put my coat on and picked up my bag.
"Well I better be going." I said.
"Well thank you again."
"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow at..." I wondered.
"11am at Jeff's house." Johnny grinned at me forgetfulness.
"11am yes, just what I was about to say."
"Okay whatever. I'll see you there."
"Bye. Bye Melanie." I said before I walked to my car, heading home to take a long bubble bath.