Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Thirty Two

April 2002

I woke up once again in my old bedroom at my parent house, only this time it wasn't Christmas. I was staying here as tonight was the night of the MTV Movie Awards and the whole cast had been invited to propmote Jackass: The Movie. The reason I was staying here instead of at my own home was because, and I hate to admit it, but with me being around about the same 100 people for the past three months, I found it pretty lonely being in an apartment all by myself.

I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 12:00pm meaning I had to get up to start getting ready. I had to be on the red carpet at approximaetly 5pm so if I wanted to look good enough to be on the same carpet as some superstars, I had to get an early start. Especially if it boosted my chances of getting a Hollywood boyfriend.

"Honey you better get up, you hair appointment is in half an hour." My mom said throught my closed bedroom door.
"Okay Mom I'm up!" Grunting, I got out of bed and dragged myself into the bathroom where I got a quick shower, so I didn't have to get one later and risk ruining my hair, and then got out and proceeded in drying my hair. Afterwaerds I pulled on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a tank top so I looked decent enough to go out, but casual enough to just be popping out.

I opened my room door and jogged down the stairs to meet my mom as she also had an appointment the same time as me. We left the house and got into the car, then began to drive towards the hairdressers.

"Are you excited for the awards tonight then?" My mom asked turning towards me.
"A little. I thought I would have someone to walk down the carpet with though instead of having to go by myself."
"Oh you'll be fine Low, and by the looks of that dress all the men will be flocking to your side. You'll be sick of them by tonight." She giggled.
"Trust me, that will never happen." I laughed. I noticed we were pulling into a car park, we then got out the car and started walking down the side walk towards the hair salon.

I pushed the door of the salon open, making a bell ring that attracted a girls attention at the main desk. She looked up from the computor she had been previously typing at and smiled at us standing up.
"Do you have a appointment?" She asked.
"Yes, two under Foxx."
"Ahh yes, Brenda and Hannah are waiting for you now. Could I take your coats?" After hanging our coats up in a small closet, she led my mom over to Hannah and me over to Brenda. Brenda was only short but she was petite, she had red hair that was died but it looked stunning and she must have only been in her late 30's so not old at all. She smiled as I sat down in the chair in front of her then she started to play with my hair in the mirrow.
"So what are we doing today?" She asked, twirling bits of hair around.
"I honestly havn't got a clue. I want it styled for tonight but I don't know how and I havn't got any ideas on what I can do to it cutting wise." I cringed.
"Well...cutting, I could take a few inches off to make it look fresher, add some layers and what do you think about a side fringe?"
"It sound awsome, what about the styling though?" I smiled.
"Hmm, what's the event?"
"Movie Awards, Red Carpet deal." Something in her eyes lit up as I spoke.
"I knew I had seen you somewhere before! My son absolutly loves your show, he thinks your the best." She giggled and made me blush.
"Well tell him I said hello, I'm sure you'll be mom of the year."
"Oh you have no idea! But back to buisness, I could pin it up in a neat bun and then leave a few peices out at either side to frame your face. It's fancy, but not to fancy to have fun at the after party." I grinned and imagined it. And I loved it, now I thought about it, it would go really well with the dress I was wearing and tie all of my accessories in together.
"I love it, let's do it!" I said making her grin. She stood me up and walked me towards the sinks and I just relaxed and let her work, hoping the outcome would be as good as it sounded.

As the hair appointment went on, Branda talked about how nerveos she was because she'd 'never had anyone famous in the shop before' so I had to remind her that I wasn't famous, she was actually the first person to recognise me. She was also excited though because her 'work' would be seen by millions of people on a Red Carpet. I did get a little excited about that myself, but then I thought about how I would be alone in most photo's, probably looking like a freak.

"And I think...Your done!" Brenda said as I admired my hair in the mirrow. When she finished the cutting part I already loved it but now it was style I was going to find it hard to let it down again.
"Ahh I love it, I really do!"
"Really, it looks really good. If I do say so myself." I giggled before I stood up and walked over to the desk to pay. After that we soon headed home, where I had to start getting ready.

*At Home*

Once home I ran straight up the stairs and into my bedroom. The first thing I did was pull my dress out of the closet and lay it on my bed. It was the dress that Chad had bought me that day we went to the mall, when he had came to vist me, I hadn't got a chance to were it since so I thought tonight would be a good chance to show it off. Plus Chad said it looked good on me and even though he may be a lieing bastard with relationships, I still trusted him a little with that.