Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Fourty Three

Christmas Day 2002

"Uncle Colin, Uncle Colin!" I heard two little voices yell, waking me up. Suddenly, I felt extra weight press the bed down.
"Amelia, Darren! Get out of there now!" A womans voice whispered harshly.
"Their okay Gemma, it's fine." I heard Colin mummble into my hair. I nuzzeled deeper into his chest and groaned quietly as he rolled over on to his back to greet the two kids.
"Hey kids." Colin greeted, the croaky sound from sleep still in his voice.
"Aren't you going to get up? We can't open your presents until your up!" I heard the little girl ask. I finally open my eyes and saw a little girl with dark hair sat of the edge of the bed, she wore a black pinifore like dress obviously dressed for the fancy occasion. I looked across the slightly and saw a boy who was almost identicle to the girl, standing by her side, he was dressed in a smart little shirt and a pair of black jeans so they both matched. My guess is that they were twins around the age of about five or six.
"Who that uncle Colin?" The girl asked, pointing at me.
"It's rude to point." Colin said, playfully smacking Amelia's hand. "But this is my friend Lowri." I moved beck so I was on my own side of the bed and sat up against the headboard.
"Hi." I smiled at them.
"Hello, I'm Amelia Barrett." The kid said, climbing over the bed to sit in the middle of me and Colin. She had to be the boldest of the two.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Lowri Foxx." I said taking the small hand she held out in front of her.
"That's my twin brother Darren but I'm the oldest."
"Only by an hour!" Darren spoke up. I smiled at the two as Amelia spoke again.
"You're very pretty Lowri."
"Well thank you." I smlied. I couldn't beleive how sweet she was...how both of them were.
"Okay. How about you two go wait down stairs and we'll be down in a minute." Colin suggested, smiling at his neice and nephew.
"Okay!" They both ran out of the bedroom, the door slamming behind them letting Colin roll closer to me.
"Merry Christmas babe." He soothed.
"Merry Christmas."
"Sorry you had to witness that at this time in the morning." He smiled, nodding towards the door.
"It's fine, they're really sweet. Who else is coming today?" I asked.
"Erm...my mum, dad, my sister, her husband, Amelia, Darren, my brother, my Auntie and uncle and my grandma." I looked at him, my eyes wide, not quite knowing what to say.
"So no pressure then."
"Don't worry, they'll all love you." He reasured me and climbed out of the bed, walking into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and I smirked, running in to join him, he still wasn't going to get any though.

Once we were out the shower, Colin did his hair quickly and got dressed then sat and waited on the bed for me do be done. I had already done my hair staright but made it slightly bouncy, I had also done my hair so it was nice but not to over the top for just a family dinner. All I had to do now was put my dress on. It was an saffire colour and had a tight corset, zipped back and then poofed out at my waist. It was a nice length, not to short, and looked good for the occasion.
"Do I look alright?" I asked, worrying it was too much. Colin's eyes snapped up from the floor to me and widerned. "It's to much isn't it?"
"No, no, not at all." He rubbed a hand over his chin, the other one in his pants pocket. "You look gorgeous." He gave me one sweet kiss before grabbing me hand and pulling me out the bedroom and down to where the rest of the family was waiting.

We walked together into a large living/dining room where, I think, everyone coming was sat.
"Hey guys." He greeted and everyone smiled and got up to greet him. He introduced me to all of them, each of them being some of the most welcoming people I have ever met, ecpecially his Auntie who hugged me and told me, just like his dad did, that he had never brought a grilfriend home and she was glad to finally meet me from what she had heard. I sat on the sofa next to Colin watching the kids open their presents for a while, afterwards. I had thankfully went shopping with him earlier in the week to get presents for everyone, he was pretty good at picking out stuff which was excellent as I didn't have a clue. We had got the twins some toys that they wanted, for Colin's mother we got some of her favorite perfume, his dad, some whiskey and the rest of the family got some bits and peices we, well Colin, knew they wanted.

"So Colin tells us your also in the film buisness." His mother said as we sat down for dinner.
"Erm yeah just recently, more Television and journalism before hand." I nodded, taking a spoonful of tomato soup.
"Ooh journalism, that sounds interesting. Who did you write for?"
"A skateboearding magazine in the US called Big Brother, it closed down a couple of years ago now though." I explained. We talked about my career and what everyone else had going on over dinner. It took over two hours but after we were done with dinner we sat around in the living room and had a good time sharing laughs and fun.

"Well?" Colin asked as we entered our room and closed the door. It was only 11pm but it had been such a busy day we both decided to go lie down together.
"What?" I asked, semi-confused, as I slid my dress down and off.
"Don't you want your present?" I looked at him and relised for the first time I hadn't received a present from him, not that it mattered, him bringing me to meet his family was more than enough.
"Yeah, wait a minute." I pulled on one of Colin's t-shirts over my underwear and sat next to him at the end of the double bed. I was sat there for a few seconds until he pulled a small, quite flat, box out from behind his back and placed it in my hand. I looked stared at it, trying to work out what it could be but Colin broke my thoughts be softly whispering.
"Open it."
I pulled on the black sating ribbon that was tied around the clean, white box and let it fall on to the sheets beside me. I took a breath in to brace myself before I pulled the lid off relealing, what looked like, two tickets of some sort.
"What is it?" I grinned, curious, picking the bits of card out of the box. I read the bold print and gasped, looking over at my boyfriend with pure excitment in my eyes.
"Paris!...Seriously." I cried, looking back and forth from his face to the tickets.
"Yeah." He said, nodding.
"Fo...For when?"
"We leave on the 28th." He stated, sending my eyes wider.
"We leave on Tuesday!"
"Yeah, we're there for five night, that means over New Year. Just the two of us." He whispered as I grinned, jumping on him suddenly, placing kisses all over him.
"Hey, hey." He laughed.
"You didn't have to do so much though." I said, sitting back down on the bed.
"I wanted to." Colin said simply and pushed a stray bit of hair behind my ear before looking into my eyes. "I love you." It took a while to register but Colin's words sunk in and my heart melted.
"I love you too." I addmitted. A smile appeared on his face as he placed a hand on my cheek and brought my lips to his in a beautiful, connected kiss. I was confused how I felt for Colin before, but now everything in my head seemed to be coming together.