Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Fifty

August 2003

"So what sort of dress are we looking for taday?" A middle aged woman asked as Me, Lauren and my mom walked into the bridal dress shop in the middle of LA.
"Erm...Something on a black and white theme." I answered. The woman, named June, nodded and asked us to take a seat in a lurge dressing roo while she went away.
"This is exciting!" I mom bounced, looking around the room excitedly.
"I know, and very sneaky getting while Colin's out of town." Lauren added.
"I had to, you don't know how sneaky he can get." I laughed and watched as June came back into a room pulling a rail of about 30 dresses behind her.
"Okay, here we are. These are all the dresses we have in out black and white range, all from different designers and different styles if you want to have a look through." I stood and walked over to the rail. I bagan to scout through the differnet dresses which were different sizes, shades, legths.
"What's this one?" I asked, pointing at a long number.
"That is a Vera Wang design, it's very gorgeous from what I have seen on other brides." I smiled and asked to try it on. June led me into a dressing room where she helped me into it and fasterned up the back.
"You ready?" She asked my mom and Lauren. I didn't hear a reply but the curtain got pulled back slowly to show me in the dress. They were scilent for a minute until my mom erupted.
"Oh honey you look beautiful!" She gushed, running over to me.
"Do you think so?" I asked while looking at myself in the mirror.
"That's the one." Lauren stated plainly.

I looked down at my reflection in the mirror. My waist was pulled in by a silky black ribbon which made a small bow at the side, and my chest was dawned in ruffled material which twisted around in a wrap effect. Because there was no staps my shoulders and collar bone looked attractive and stood out, making it look some what elegant. The bottom of the dress spread out over my legs and covered my feet, bits of the irory skirt ruffled and pulled together. Over all, it was the most stunning dress I think I had ever encountered.
"I'll take it." I said strongly. June grinned then helped me change back. I took the dress to the pay counter and my mom insisted she pay for it, she also didn't let me hear the price. Once we were finished in the shop, my mom took it in her car so she could hide it from Colin who I knew as soon as he got home would be hunting it out.

*One Week Later*

I was stood at the sink doing dishes to take my mind off things, like usual them things were Colin and no work. I picked up each plate and mug undividualy and dried them as slow as I could to spread the task out over as much time as possible. It couldn't occupy me forever though and soon I found myself placing the last plate into the cupboard, leaving my kitchen clean and bare.

My next tast was to declutter and arrange my 'closet' once and for all but just as I was about to walk out of the kitchen, the sound of the front door shutting made me stop in my tracks. I hadn't locked it from getting the mail this morning because the front gates could keep everyone out, apart from those who knew the code. I looked around the kitchen and grabbed the first leathal looking thing I saw, which was a frying pan. I then crept, scilently, out of the kitchen and down the passage way before looking around the corner to the front door which was left abandoned. Then there was a creek from the living room so I forced myself to shuffle over to the door, where I stood with my back agaist the wall while cursing under my breath. Finally building up the courage, I spun around the corner with the frying pan lifted but jumped in fright when there was a body stood right infront of me. I screamed and dropped the pan, not even focusing my eyes on the figure.
"Woah, baby, it's me.!" I heard be said and my panic stopped as my head lifted upwards.
"Colin?" I yelled.
"Surprise." He said, sheepishly. His face cringing slightly.
"What the fuck are you doing? Trying to give me a heart attack!"
"I wanted to surprise you. Aren't you glad I'm home early?" He asked.
"Well yeah, of coarse I am. God, come here!" I smiled, finally, and pulled him towards me. I pushed the large bag off his shoulder and on to the floor as his arms wrapped around my small frame and he burried his face in my hair.
"How was training?" I asked, calmly.
"Amazing, I learnt so much. I'm so glad to be home though, I swear I could never live on one meal a day ever again." I laughed as he pulled away from me and headed straight for the kitchen.
"Do you want something made baby?"
"No thanks, I'm taking you out for a meal tonight by the way." He informed me as he grabbed some left over chinease and a bottle of beer out the fridge.
"Ooh, may I ask where we're going?"
"Somewhere nice. We deserve it as we have barely been allowed to touch each other for the past three months." He smirked and came over to me. He placed the beer down on the table and nuzzed my neck, kissing it.
"I agree."
"Your visit was the only thing that kept me part sane, and all the other guys were jelous." He growled.
"Why?" I asked as my eyes fluttered shut.
"Becasue I have a gorgeous, hot, sexy fiance and they don't." His lips went from my neck, down to my chest as Colin picked me up and pinned me against the wall.
"Let's go upstairs." I whispered before pulling his lips up to my own.

*That Night*

"So why are you home early anyway?" I asked as I sipped my wine. Colin had decided to dine at a swanky Bistro.
"They said we had worked hard enough and went through the process faster than expected so...here I am." Colin smiled.
"Well it's a good job you came home, I was close to getting another man." I joked.
"Please beautiful, you could never find anyone as good as me."
"Ooh, becoming a little cocky are we?" I giggled.
"You know it's true." Colin shrugged causing me to laugh. The shimmer of his silver earing caught my attention which led my gaze to his face, from his sparkiling brown eyes to his chisled jaw.
"You Okay baby?" He asked, pulling me back down to Earth.
"Yeah...I'm fine." I smiled, looking down at my plate briefly before looking back into his hypnotic eyes. "I love you." I said.
"I love you too." Colin said, romance lacing his words. He lent over the table and kissed me while placing his hand on my thigh under the table. "I'll show you how much when we get home." He smirked and pulled away, continuing to eat his dinner. I blushed and picked up my own fork again, placing some chicken if my mouth.

Sooner than I thought, the dinner was over and we headed home where Colin did keep up his promise.