Status: Sequel On The Way

A Whole Lot of Jackass

Chapter Eight

So it had been a full week since we had got the news about MTV wanting us to start a show with them, and the day had come where we were actually going to pitch the idea we had to them and see if they actually wanted us. So in about 3 hours myself, Johnny, Jeff and this guy called Spike are going to be sat in a room with one of the big cheeses of MTV saying how good it will be to watch us run into walls. Well, when I say a guy called Spike, I mean Spike Jonze of THE SpikeTV, so I am trying not to be to star struck with one of the guys who I might be working with in the years to come. I also found out that he is one of Jeff's high school buddies I mean HELLO, oh he sets me up with creepy Henry and minger George, but the successful Spike Jonze is to good for me to be set up with.

"So we all ready?" Jeff asked as the four of us sat in a small office going over the details once again. I didn't even know why I was here, by the way, apparently I was going to be a cast member but also a producer. What a producer does? I haven't got a clue, but it must mean better pay mustn't it? If I'm doing two jobs? Anyway, we were all sat around basically going over all ready revised, it actually felt like college all over again.
"Yep!" I chirped.
"Do you actually know what your doing?" Spike asked.
"Not a clue, but I'm sure the guy talking to us won't be able to get over how amazingly attractive I am!" I lent my head to the side and fluttered my eye lashes.
"You are simply beautiful." Spike commented, I smiled and blew a kiss at him.
"OKAY! Married" Jeff shouted looking at Spike before turning to me, "...Mentally unstable! Can we concentrate?" I laughed nodding.
"I have one question though!" I said.
"How many people are going to be involved? Like cast wise?" The three of them all looked at each other before Jeff answered.
"I guess 9 or 10. Enough so they all have a different skill and talent, but not to many that you can't remember them." He smiled.
"Cool, then I am ready. We going now?" I asked, I got answered by three nods before we all stood up and walked out of the office to make our way to the MTV Studio's.

"So what is the basic idea of the show?" Derek, a MTV man said.
"Well, there ain't many, well any, shows out there that are fully dedicated to doing dangerous and stupid stunts so we think it would be a good and new idea. I would also be like a TV version of our magazine Big Brother, so it will include skate boarding as well." Jeff said rather professionally.
"Hmmm, I think it could work. What funding would you need for it?" Derek asked scribbling down some notes on a large pad of paper, which sat on the brown oak desk in front of him.
"Pfff, probably a few thousands to get all the equipment, hiring new crew, paying cast and crew." Spike listed.
"And the girl?" My head shot up to look at this so called 'Derek'. I knew I didn't like him!
"What do you mean 'the girl?" I asked.
"Well, what can you do...really?"
"Everything!" I shot back offended.
"Most unlikely." Jeff's eyes got wider and he stifled a laugh.
"Excuse me?"
"Well we can't show a girl getting beat up on TV, and you don't look like you skate board."
"Well I can skate board, AND I don't mind getting dirty! And to be honest you don't look like you could do much yourself, I bet you have a small dick!" I raised my eyebrows at him and he glared back at me, the guys around me trying their hardest not to laugh.
"Right...well, I think this meeting is over. I will get all the information to my boss and e-mail you the decision of whether you have it or not." We all nodded and got up, after Spike, Jeff and Johnny had left the room I turned around and waited until Derek was looking at me to blow him a kiss. He simple glared and I giggled, leaving to catch up with the others.

Once we got to the car Johnny looked over to me will a look that would be used to punish a small child.
"What?" I shouted.
"Was there really a need for that?"
"I'm sorry? Was I the only one there? He was treating me like a little innocent girl!"
"How dare he, anyone can plainly see you are not a girl." Johnny said, I punched him hard in the arm and he squealed, shielding himself.
"If we don't get this it's your fault!" Jeff butted in.
"No it's his, he called me weak." I spat.
"No he didn't!"
"Well he didn't physically say it, but he was thinking it!" I was not happy, all the way back to the office I sat in the back off the car in my own little livid state.

A few days later, I was still angry about my run in with Derek by the way, and hopefully Jeff would have the news to whether we would get the show or not. As I looked across the reception towards the elevator, I noticed the lift doors closing.
"Hold the lift!" I shouted starting to run across the white tile floor. I got to the doors and slid in to see the one and only Sean Cliver holding the door for me. 'Bless him!'
"Why Hello Sean!" I grinned, letting the doors close.
"Good Morning, how are you?" He asked
"Alright, you?"
"Good, you heard anything yet?"
"Nope, hopefully today will be the day." The doors opened on our floor and we walked down the hall way together coming to the couches.
"Hey Lowri!"
"Hi..." I turned to see, a girl I had never seen in my life, "you!" I smiled.
"It's me...Stephanie Hodge. We went to summer camp together 3 years running?" She asked as a question more than a statement.
"Oh! Stephanie. New Yorker Stephanie!" I went over and gave her a hug, still being confused as to why she was here. "What you doing here?"
"I applied to help out on set, I heard you worked here then I heard someone was hiring to help with a new TV show so here I am." I looked towards Jeff's office where he was stood at the door.
"Your hiring for the show?" I asked, my question directed at him. He nodded. "We got the show?" He once again nodded and I smiled, leaving Stephanie to meet all the other guys here, to go hug Jeff congratulations.
"I knew we would!"
"Yeah, no thanks to you."
"Hey, I charmed my ass off to that whole building of MTV workers!" I smiled.
"Yeah your right," He rolled his eyes before frowning, "We do have one problem though."
"What?"
"We can't think of a name, and were on a tight schedule, the pilot needs to be out in 9 months, so basically we have 9 months to: Find a cast, full crew, equipment, write sketches, film enough for 7 episodes for the full series, edit them, and the list goes on."
"Well start with the little details first and work your way up," That may have just been the best advice I had ever give!
"In that case...the name." He sighed.
"Erm, I'm not good with stuff like that!"
"Excellent! I'll be sure to come to you next time I have a question."
"Shut up," I said weakly pushing him, Mumbling under my breath, "Jackass."
"Wait, what?" Jeff said quickly.
"Nothing." I replied innocently, shaking my head.
"No...what did you say?"
"...Jackass" I saw the look on Jeff's face turn from confusion to a sly smile.
"That's it!"
"What?"
"The name!"
"You feeling alright?" I asked, kind of weirded out by his sudden outburst.
"Oh Lowri, the name of the show, it will be 'Jackass'!" My face went into a 'oh' shape and I smiled.
"Ha, I knew I was a genius." I walked away proud of myself to leave Jeff with his planning and to go hang out with Stephanie some more.