The Sun Shines the Darkest Shade of Black

The truth hurts, but death is cruel.

In May, we finally find out the truth.
Melynna's body was found burried under a dead tree, covered in poison ivy.
The cause of death was suffocation...she was burried alive.
Lex, I, My parents, & Ms. Douglas (Melynna's mom) all found out at the same time.
I bursted out crying, and Ms. Douglas was sobbing so hard she caused herself to have an asthma attack, she was called an ambulance and taken to the hospital.
Lex, was quiet and I turned to look at him, and he was shaking so hard I thought he was having a seisure.
He started wailing, and screaming. He broke the door as he slammed. "It's not fair! She didnt do anything to anybody! SHE DIDNT DESERVE THIS! " He was shouting and sobbing.
His face was turning the color of a thunderstorm.

After Ms. Douglas's asthma attack, I went over to her house everyday after school to check on her.
Ms. Douglas had never married Melynna's dad.
Melynna's dad had extreme bipolar disorder, and he was addicted to meth.
Ms. Douglas hadn't seen him in years.
She changed her name, after she thought he might be dangerous to Melynna or herself and they moved across the country.

Melynna only met her dad a few times, when she was very very little.
She didnt remember him, but I remember her always telling me, she wouldnt ever want to see him.

Ms. Douglas and I talked about the weather, school, colleges, everything EXCEPT Melynna.
We never spoke her name, afraid to make the other one start sobbing.
Since we didnt know who had done this to Melynna we decided not to speak of it, until the police found something new in the case.

We listened to songs on the radio, always changing it when the song "Marry me" by Train came on, because that was Melynna's favorite song.
I made Ms. Douglas tea, and we sat on the back patio discussing books.
It was nice, those after noon chats...things almost seemed normal for a while.