Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Prologue

"Miss?"

Felia snapped out of her daydreams and smiled at the woman behind the computer.

"I'm sorry. Would you repeat what you said?"

With a half smile, the woman in blond curls and fire engine red lipstick said, once again, "Where would you like to go?"

"Huh." The other young woman said dreamily. "Now there's a million dollar question."

"Excuse me?" The woman's mouth sort of stuck together because of the makeup when she spoke but she was gorgeous all the same, Felia mused.

"Oh, you know, a million dollar question? Answer it right and you get a million dollars?" The silence between them indicated that the fair woman never once saw Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Felia was okay with that. "Never mind." she said, waving her hand as if to blow away the question. "Where do I want to go. . ." she mumbled to herself. "Uh, ma'am?" Felia quickly checked the other woman's name tag. "Dolores? What would you suggest?"

Dolores was baffled. "You mean . . . you don't even know where you want to go?"

Felia smiled and said, "No, I guess I don't. I was hoping I would see a destination in that big board of names of places you've got in the front of the place and just think 'Now that's where I want to go to." She paused for just a moment. "Do you know what I mean, Dolores? May I call you Dolores?"

"No. Well, I mean, you may call me Dolores but no, I don't know what you mean." the blond woman shook her head in disbelief. "I've never just wandered into an airport without ever thinking of where I want to go. It seems . . . odd."

Felia shrugged. "Well, I guess I'm an odd woman." she said, thinking to herself, More odd than you would ever think me to be, Dolores.

After standing there for quite some time, Dolores perked up and said, "Why don't you take a look at this list, hm? These," she paused to reach next to her computer for a binder containing quite a lot of paper, "are the names of all of the places the planes in this airport will be traveling to tonight. Do you want to leave tonight?"

"Certainly. If it's possible, I mean."

Dolores nodded her head and opened up the binder. Felia looked behind her. There wasn't a line and this made her feel better. At least she wasn't holding anybody up. She then looked at the clock above Dolores' head. The time read 4:00 A.M. No wonder there's no one else here. Only oddballs would be here at this hour. she thought to herself with a slight smile.

"Okay. Every city listed here will leave in the next twenty four hours." Dolores turned the binder in a semi-circle so that Felia could read it. Dragging her finger down the list, Felia read off the names of each city in her head, Paris, London, Hong Kong, Naples, Moscow, Munich, Madrid. There were more, but Felia felt that if she kept saying them, even to herself, her mind's voice would get tired. Then she wondered if such a thing was possible. She was just full of nonsensical ideas that morning. "Well?"

"Hm?" Felia asked, looking up.

Dolores smiled genuinely. "Well, what do you think? Where would you like to go?" Felia thought about this for a while. The cities sounded nice but she wanted to go somewhere on an impulse; not just from looking at a list anymore.

"How about Tahiti?"

"Tahiti." Dolores said, more like a question then a repetition. She breathed deeply. "Well, I could check." Dolores sat down at the computer for the first time since speaking with this woman named Felia. The tick-tick-tick-tick of the keyboard clattered away as Felia leaned against the counter separating her and Dolores, seemingly without a care.

"You're in luck." Dolores said, still typing.

At this, Felia raised her eyebrows.

"There is an open seat for one flight to the Faa'a International Airport in Tahiti."

"That's great." Felia said with a smile.

"If you want to go, you'll have to buy the ticket now. It's leaving in two hours."

"No worries. I want to be on that plane."

"Alright, then." said Dolores, continuing with the typing. She paused, lifted her hands above the keyboard, looked at Felia and smiled. "Would that be Coach or First Class?"

Returning the smile, Felia said, "First Class."