Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Late Night Return

The sitting room was dark with only one lamp emanating a faint golden glow around itself, revealing very little of the classically styled room and the sleeping body of a young, dark-haired woman sprawled on the couch. Felia had fallen asleep while waiting for Kahili's return. She could tell, as she started to rise up from sleep, that someone was coming down the hall. When she heard the person's laugh, she knew exactly who it was and rubbed her face, hoping she looked as mad as she felt.

Kahili stepped through the door, forgetting the hour of the night. She giggled when she saw Felia sitting on the sofa and held a single finger to her lips as she closed the door behind her with great difficulty. She tip-toed over to her companion and plopped down on the couch. "Hello, love." she said, her breath smelling of wine. "You been waiting long?" She bursted into more giggles.

"Kahili. Stop it. It's not funny. I- you took so long to get back. What were you two doing, having a group orgy?" she hissed under her breath. The last thing she wanted was Noah to be in a bad mood the next morning due to lack of sleep.

"Felia . . ." Kahili was leaning too close. "You talk too much." She covered her mouth as she tried to contain her laughter. Her red hair was a mess; sticking out in places and in angles Felia only thought hairspray could make happen. Her makeup was smeared, giving her eyes a overly-done smoky look. She had carried a half-empty bottle of wine with her and her hemline was breathtakingly short.

Felia grabbed the bottle from her. "Next time, try to get back before 3." She got up from the sofa and placed the bottle softly by the bar, strategically hiding it behind water bottles.

"Felia! Felia . . . " Kahili called out to her.

Felia shot her finger to her lips and then whispered, "What?"

Kahili raised her hands up and said in a hushed voice, "Help me up." She made a popping noise after saying "up" which made her smile lazily. "C'mon."

Groaning deep inside her mind, Felia walked over and took a hold of her companion's hands and pulled her to her feet. Kahili stumbled and leaned completely on Felia, her face landing on the nape of her neck.

"Mm. You smell good. Is that Chanel?"

"Shut up. You're going to bed."

"Join me?"

Felia stopped, not sure what to say. She could sleep on the couch since there is only one available bed. But the bed looked a lot better.

As if snapping out of her drunkenness, Kahili stood up straight and said in a quiet voice, "Never mind. I'll take the couch."

"Kahili, it's not a big deal-"

"Then you should have no problem letting me sleep there. Besides." she said, stepping back, smiling widely, and spreading her arms out. "I'm the one who bursted through the door at 3 AM."

"But-"

"Listen. Not a big deal at all. Go to the bed. Get some sleep. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow. We're going to see the leader, remember?"

"Right." Felia said, remembering the reason why they were there in the first place.

With one last tired smile, Kahili said very slowly, "Good night."

"'Night." Felia said, entering the bedroom and closing the door behind her with a single click.