Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Harmless

"Alright." Felia said, wondering if she really meant for that to be said out loud. "I'll try to change, or whatever you call it."

Fraus waved his hand. "It takes a while for a beginner to force themselves to change. It'll come to you." He leaned against a nearby tree and waited calmly. Everyone else around him seemed to be on their toes in anticipation of the transformation. Even Felia was getting anxious. She wasn't sure if she had any tricks up her sleeves.

"Well?" Fraus inquired, smiling. "You know, Felia, you're wasting a lot of time. Either you hurry it up or come clean. You'll still have our good graces if you confess now."

"Just let me concentrate." Felia said.

"Oh, we all know she's just faking it!" someone shouted from the crowd.

"It's so obvious! Even a new Nagual could change faster than her!"

"She's trying to expose us!"

"Everybody calm down!" Fraus tried to shout but was shut down by the restlessness of the crowd surrounding him. "Let's just give her one more shot-"

And then the feeling in the pit of Felia's stomach arose once more. At first she thought she would become sick from the intensity but it was just the warm, honey-like liquid that she remembered from the last time she transformed. She fell to her knees and everyone around her was silent.

Though she recognized the shudders that coursed through her body, something was different. This transformation was different than the last one. From the corner of her eye, Felia saw Kahili and a stranger, a man, move through the crowd and make their way to an opening.

"Felia what are you doing?" Felia heard Kahili's voice but it sounded far away.

"Almost . . ." Felia whispered. The transformation was almost complete.

Then there was complete silence and a void of sight for a few seconds. Felia heard her heartbeat's rate quicken. She seemed to be growing . . . smaller. When her senses returned to her, everything around her was huge. A person's foot next to her was the same size as her. Her eyes darted everywhere. She wanted to run but she was picked up by someone, Fraus, who was laughing.

"Were you really afraid to show us this?" he said to Kahili as he extended Felia to her. Carefully, as if she were holding an infant, she took Felia in her arms. She fit perfectly, if a little small, into the crook of her arm.

"I don't believe it." Kahili whispered to herself.

The crowd seemed to have sighed of relief as they moved away from the scene. "Well," Fraus started, "everyone, we've all seen that our guest, Felia, here is one of us. So let's celebrate." He chuckled one more time before he said, "All of this fuss over a rabbit."