Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Family Secret

Kahili had set Felia down on the grass and the girl was able to morph back into her human form a lot faster and smoother than the previous time. She still felt nauseous but when she saw the large crowd move in one direction away from the scene, she was able to follow them, if a little slowly, with Kahili and the stranger she presumed to be Sohrab trailing her.

"What was that?" Kahili demanded in a quieted voice.

"Nice to see you, too." Felia muttered. She stopped and turned to face the new companion. "I'm sorry. I don't think we've met. I'm Felia." She extended her hand to him.

"Sohrab." he said, tentatively taking her hand for a second.

"Kahili's told me nothing about you." Felia said humorlessly as she turned back to the moving crowd.

"Alright, Felia. Enough. Do you want to tell me how you pulled that off or not?" Kahili said, quickening her pace to keep up with the dark-haired girl ahead of her.

"No." she answered.

"And why not?" Kahili asked as her tolerance decayed faster and faster by the second. The crowd was entering a very narrow trail so Felia, Kahili, and Sohrab made a single file line as did the others.

Felia stopped and said to Kahili in a small voice, "I don't know how I did that. It was the least intimidating animal I could think of, alright?"

"But Felia." Kahili said as she grabbed Felia's arm to keep her in place. "You can't just choose whatever animal you want to be. You're only supposed to have one."

"Well, it looks like I have more than just one choice." she said. "Is it going to be a problem?"

"Yes." Sohrab said, making the two look at him. "Yes, it's going to be a problem; a big one, in fact, if anyone else finds out. Especially if Fraus himself finds out."

"Because of the power she might have?" Kahili asked.

"That and the fact that Argos himself had more than one animal to choose from. Lots of people used to say that he could change into any animal he wanted to." Sohrab continued.

"What do you mean 'used to'? Like it was disproven or something?" Felia asked, seeing Kahili look down at her feet.

Sohrab bit his lip at little and said, "No. It's because Fraus doesn't like people talking about him. It gets him angry. He's had people ostracized from the society because they talked openly about Argos." He looked around to make sure no one was listening.

"Alright. So . . . my 'extra power' would intimidate Fraus? Is that it?" Felia asked.

Sohrab sighed. "You really don't get it, do you?"

"I'm sort of new at this." she admitted.

He shook his head while Kahili continued. "Felia, a Nagual's animal isn't just random. The animal that they associate with usually has to do with their personality. Or, in other cases, you can inherit an animal from your parents or ancestors."

There was a moment of silence before Sohrab said in a very quiet voice, "Felia, there is a very high chance that you are a descendent of Argos. And if that's true, then you and you alone are the true leader."