Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Some Volunteers

Felia felt like she was in a dream. Music from wooden flutes merrily played while the Naguals surrounding her danced to its beat. The skirts and ends of their clothes swayed as they spun, looking like clouds had sprung up from the ground. Bare feet tapped against the large, wooden dance floor that seemed to be polished. Flowers hung above everyone's heads in a criss-cross pattern and were attached to poles that lined against the edges of the floor. Everywhere you looked there was a smile, someone laughing, burning candles, or the smell of food.

The food. That was what really drew Felia in. She couldn't remember the last time she had a memorable meal. Lately, it was only what she could pull together within five minutes or less. But now there was the smell of freshly baked bread, something delicious roasting over a fire, sweet-smelling fruits that were being passed around on large plates, and drinks and elixirs of all sorts invading her senses completely. She dreaded every second that she waited.

Just when she thought she couldn't handle another second, Fraus had called everyone to sit down. Very long and elaborately carved tables waited just outside the flower-sheltered dance floor. Tall pink candles stood and burned in the center of the table and after every other seat. White delicate plates with silver swirls in the design sat in front of each chair, waiting to be filled with the food that was only moments away. Everyone sat down when Fraus stood at his place at the head of the center table.

"Ladies and gentlemen." he addressed the crowd. Within seconds, they were all silent and were waiting for his next word, even seemingly leaning towards him to listen better. "As you all now know, Felia here," he gestures to Felia who sat off to his left, "is one of us." He allowed his audience to clap for the news. "There is no more need for worrying as she was the last Nagual to be accounted for."

Just as he said that, two figures slipped into chairs at the very end of a table a few off from Fraus'. He laughed and said, "Alright, well now she is last one accounted for. What took you, Sohrab? Kahili?"

Sohrab didn't bother to try to answer when Kahili spoke up. "We had some business to attend to, Fraus."

He shrugged it off and said, "You can explain yourselves later."

Though she felt important for the first time in a long time, sitting close to the head of the table, Felia felt more relieved than anything else. Kahili sat far away from her and she planned to keep it that way.

"Well." Fraus said, gaining everyone's attention once more. "Felia will need to see the advisor of Norden. Seeing as the woman is on the very edge of the village, Felia will need some sort of assistance as to actually getting there. Any volunteers?" Immediately, a tall figure stood up gracefully and nodded his head. "Ah, Boeden. I knew I could count on you. We'll need one more . . . Sohrab?" he called down the table. "Why don't you help?"

"Fraus," Felia said quietly. "Maybe he shouldn't-"

Sohrab stood up and said "I accept," much to both Felia's and Kahili's dismay.

"Then it's settled." Fraus said while sitting down. He motioned for Boeden and Sohrab to sit with a steady hand. Once everyone was seated, Fraus clapped his hands one time and in an instant, servers bustled about, carrying large amounts of food on silver platters and placing them strategically on each and every table. With a smile, Fraus announced, "Dinner is served."