Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

An Ally

With their stomachs full to the point of bursting, the trio that consisted of Boeden, Sohrab, and Felia left the feast earlier than the rest of the village and walked down a beaten path. Boeden, who was a lanky sort of person with quiet eyes and a curtain of dark hair, was for the most part silent except for mumbling "left" or "right" when there was a fork in the road. Sohrab, on the other hand, tried to use up just about every minute to try to speak to Felia.

"Please, please listen to me, Felia." he begged her as she walked steadily ahead of him but behind Boeden.

"There's nothing you have to say to me. I get it." she replied.

"You don't even know what I'm going to say!" he retaliated.

"Left." Boeden said softly.

"I have a good idea." Felia said.

"Oh, really? Let's hear it then."

"You're going to tell me how you had no idea about me. In fact, you were there first. Kahili knew you before she knew me so it's more like I'm the one who should apologize to you but you wouldn't expect me to because you feel sorry for me. Is that it? Am I close?" Felia said, pausing for a little while before she continued her steps behind Boeden.

"I may have said that another time but Felia, there's something else I have to tell you-"

"I don't want to hear it." she said.

"That's too damn bad because you're going to hear it anyway." Sohrab said, grabbing her shoulder. "I'm not going to let you walk into another trap."

Felia was silenced. "Another?" she asked while Sohrab nodded. "But-"

"We're here." Boeden said, extending his arm to show the path beneath them. Instead of a regular dirt road, the path had turned to white stone and curved around a large lump of trees that seemed to be hiding something.

"Give us a minute." Sohrab said.

"You know what Fraus will expect if we don't return on time." said Boeden, genuinely concerned.

"I know, Boeden, I know. But don't you think it's time Felia knew, too?" Sohrab countered.

After a pause, the taller one nodded. "I was only looking out for you. Both of you." he said.

"I understand." Sohrab said. "Why don't you head back now? It'll be easier if you didn't know exactly what I told her." Boeden nodded again and then left his two companions by the edge of the trees.

Once Sohrab was sure that the other man was out of sight and hearing distance, he turned to Felia. "Are you listening now?" he asked her in a low voice. Felia nodded. "Kahili was using you."

"Well, no shit."

"Yes, I know, but she was using you because she thought she knew about you and your line of ancestors."

"So is Argos actually related to me?" Felia said.

"There's only one way to find out." he said, taking a few steps down the white stone path. "Ask the advisor."

"She can figure that out?"

"Anything she doesn't know already is something that she can find out on her own. You'll see how the process goes soon but there's some things you need to do. Or, rather, not do." he said.

"Tell me." Felia said.

"Don't tell Fraus or Kahili about what you ask her. Make something up. Tell them you asked about astrology or something."

"What if I do?" Felia asked. "What if I tell them? What will happen?"

"You won't tell them." Sohrab said, closing the distance between them. "Because if you do they will kill you."