Status: Finally finished. :)

The Nagual

Lady of the Forest

"Go." he told her. "Don't tell anyone anything. Don't even tell me." he said.

"But-"

"If you tell me, they might try to get it out of me." Sohrab said.

With a single nod, Felia accepted it and started to walk down the path once more. She looked back only once. Sohrab nodded her on and sat down on the grass.

"Are you staying?" she asked.

"For as long as it takes." he said.

Felia sighed through her nose. She hadn't realized how nervous she was until that moment. To know someone on her side was near was a blessing. However, the reality of the unknown ahead was pressing on her. So much, in fact, that she could practically feel the pressure on her skin. She wanted to turn around and leave this place, this island. She wanted to go home and forget everything.

There was a snap of a twig and Felia was brought back to her senses. Sohrab waved her away as he walked out a little to see what it was. Felia ran down the path and behind the trees which provided a very useful hiding place. Crouching there, she was able to hear a single and familiar voice.

"Sohrab! What are you still doing here?" Fraus asked him.

"I thought I'd stay with Felia until the advisor was done speaking with her."

"I thought that you'd want to get back to Kahili as soon as possible." he said with a laughter just waiting to erupt.

"Between you and me, I'd rather be here." Sohrab said, a little quieter.

"Kahili can be controlling. I understand. Felia is simpler."

"You could say that."

Felia moved just an inch for she was very aware of the branches and rocks around her that could easily give away her hiding place if she wasn't careful enough.

"It doesn't bother you at all?" Fraus asked.

"What?"

"That you don't even know where she's from or who she's related to or anything?"

"She's a Nagual, Fraus. We've all seen her change. Isn't that enough?" Sohrab countered.

"In this day and age, I don't think so. Our numbers are few."

"They always have been."

"Yes, but more so now. Humans are getting suspicious, Sohrab. I can't risk everything for an outsider."

"It may turn out that she won't be an outsider for very long. What if she decides to stay with us?" Sohrab questioned.

"Oh, come on. Do you really think she'll give up a safe home where no one knows about her abilities for this?"

"She just got here." Sohrab said.

"That's right. She just got here. She doesn't have any allegiances. This isn't her home. She has no loyalty to it." Fraus said.

"Well, what if it turns out that she likes it better here than anywhere else?" Sohrab asked.

There was a pause and Felia could see Fraus place a hand on Sohrab's shoulder. "I wish I was as optimistic as you, Sohrab. I really do."

"Excuse me?" an unfamiliar voice asked behind her.

Felia jumped a little and turned around. She was face to face with a tall hooded figure that wore a white cloak hiding most of the person's facial features.

"Who are you?" Felia asked, breathing heavily.

The silhouette pulled back the hood slowly to reveal a beautiful and smiling female face. With a voice as clear as glass, she answered, "I am Wren."